• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, I've reached 1960 in my current game as the USSR: already defeated the Nazis and I have an interesting report to mention. (Apologies if I happen to repeat things from previous, kinda forgot what I already reported)

1) At some point in 1957 my game crashed but I couldn't find the reason, reloaded and game hasn't crashed again yet.

2) "Ideology of the National Fascist Party", if it goes left Italy changes to Left-Wing Radical and leaves the Axis no matter what along her puppets: thus messing up WW3.

3) When Portugal signed the Pacto Ibérico an Unknown String Wanted text appeared on the game log. Wondering if it has something to do with the commands in that event or not.

4) I was fighting Russian National Council (they weren't allied to Axis Command), but the Axis Command still got withdrawal from Far East and they actually left their alliance with the Italian Social Republic (they were fighting a civil war in Italy), fortunately enough that didn't matter and RSI still won.

5) When Croatia had "Leave Germany!." event, another Unknown String Wanted text appeared on the game log.

6) After Hitler's succession is solved, Italy rejoins the Axis but if they have a Left-Wing Radical government they leave nonetheless a day after.

7) I'm not sure what happened, BUT: UK was fighting against Rhodesia but South Africa was still allied to them (they didn't pick the Afrikaner Nationalist party). So when SAF reached Salisbury, UK got an event talking about losing a limited war. (I guess that's in case SAF is the actual enemy)

8) Turkey can still form the Oriental Entente despite being a puppet, I think this shouldn't be the case. Germany invaded through Op. Gertrude, released Turkish State and they still formed Oriental Entente. When the Middle East FFA happened, they still got "Revamp Ottoman Dreams" so they still attacked everyone and something quite funny happened: the Turkish State being a puppet of Germany was actually fighting the Kingdom of Iraq which was supported by the Axis Command :p .

9) Weirdly enough, Palestine revolted against UK and after failing to conquer it again the UK got an event about recognizing their independence. Though Palestine only got like 1 or 2 provinces, maybe that event should also give them the land instead of just peace(?). That's what I think happened, but I am not 100% sure, sorry.

10) "Confirm Sputnik Launch" decision has a missing string for the description or so it seems. It also gives +5 industries to Moscow, which could be messy if SOV hasn't recovered Moscow yet (As was the case when I got it). Maybe throw in a trigger to that? If SOV controls Moscow, added there, if it doesn't, added to Omsk?

11) The 4th option in the "Demining" event can't be seen in game, I guess due to the length of text or picture's size.

12) Here's a big bug about the USA isolationist path. After me, the Soviet Union, totally rampaged through Germany an event triggered about victory. The USA which had been doing nothing to support the world against Nazism 'cuz "America 1st" suddenly annexed Spain and got to release it (even if it wasn't at war). But the important thing is... the Turkish State (now no longer a puppet since I gobbled Germany and they weren't actually allied) join the APTO or whatever it's called. So the USA, Central America countries, JAP, PHI and Spain ended up at war against UAR and Iraq as well. (And later led to another interesting thingy...)

13) Once USA annexes the UAR, UK got an event called "We have won - Suez Crisis", this made the USA join the UN alliance once again despite going full isolation mode. BTW, after the USA leaves UN I had Canada as leader of the alliance, maybe the event should set the UK as leader first?

14) After USA rejoins UN, their former allies end up alone in their own alliance. And, the UK gets an event called "Redraw Middle East", they actually made Libya a puppet once again despite Libya not fighting anyone. And I guess they didn't release any puppets due to America controlling what once was UAR, Arab Federation, Iraq and Iran.

15) I think the foreign minister effects are bugged or something, I'm not really sure tbh, hover the cursor over the picture of the minister and the effects will have some weird numbers.

So, that's my report of things I noticed during this run. ^^ Apologies for the huge text wall, I hope it is useful.

I also had one question, when attacking Berlin I noticed a new unit I had never seen before. "Hitler and Staff", General Quartes, Leader-1. Does losing that unit affect GER in some way? I know there's no way to change that but, haha, was funny to see that while being in 1958. :p Though I just ignored and imagined Goering there.

I've played the mod as Argentine, and united South America.
In Europe, WW3 happened between the Germans and the USSR and the Americans. I found strange AI behavior that the US AI only used nukes against the Chinese relentlessly and never used against the Russian mainland, which makes the USSR play too easy.

Got two issue's I encountered in a Italy game. One, the Transylvanian War didn't end as intended. Hungary created Wallachia, but they immediately declared war again via a event regarding the conference over Transylvania. Thus, Hungary annexed the rump Romania and didn't rejoin the Axis in any way (up untill the restoration of the Pact of Steel following Bormans consolidation of power over the East). Two, I fought and annexed Serbia when they attacked Croatia, but, there is no event/decision to release a puppet there. Going to release manually, I can only release Yugoslavia, which is something I definitely don't want to do!

Got a couple of suggestions too. It would be nice if after colonizing Albania propper you could chose to colonize the outer Albanian lands (Kosovo and the province of Macedonia you own) with perhaps the oppertunity to seize and colonize Southern Epirus from Greece. Also, in the wake of Germany's loss of grip on Europe, if you didn't settle the border issue with France, it would be nice to have a opportunity to attack Vichy France over your cores and perhaps push further and demand your claims.

I really want to play this mod, but sadly it seems to be impossible. Mega is blocked in my country for whatever reason, so I can't download. VPN doesn't helps, cause it asks me to wait for 20-30 minutes every 100-150 Mb while mod itself is 2.5 Gb. Actually, it's my fourth day of trying to download this mod through different methods, but neither seems to work.

So now I'm so desperate that I decided to register and ask you for help. Could someone upload this mod on google drive?

I can help you with that
I really want to play this mod, but sadly it seems to be impossible. Mega is blocked in my country for whatever reason, so I can't download. VPN doesn't helps, cause it asks me to wait for 20-30 minutes every 100-150 Mb while mod itself is 2.5 Gb. Actually, it's my fourth day of trying to download this mod through different methods, but neither seems to work.

So now I'm so desperate that I decided to register and ask you for help. Could someone upload this mod on google drive?
i can do that and help you out man but i do wanna ask the mod team if i can do that first since i don't wanna step on their toes

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey Guys,
thanks to everyone for the answers and for the feedback (which I have yet to read all) but thanks above all to @Redding for the hotfix and for the answers to your questions. I needed a break after releasing the new version and was also on vacation in Paris. Too bad I brought COVID with me from the French capital (I'm fine, it should be almost over) and so I haven't been following the post-release discussions in recent weeks. I add the @Redding hotfix (who is really the co-owner of the mod by now) on the front page and read some of your comments.
We will take note of all your suggestions and reports and we will intervene as soon as possible.
Have fun with Fatherland!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Been playing a Göring-Goebbels game, just got to the reorganization post-SS revolt. The western stuff works quite nicely except for one thing in my opinion. France doesn't seem to like working along when I nicely propose to make a actual peace treaty with them. They seem quite enthusiastic about taking whatever opportunity to tell me to piss of and ignore the terms of the armistice even. What I'd do, also for a French player to consider the options more carefully, is give Germany the chance to invade France if they refuse to work along in whatever way possible. Afterwards you'd get what I assume is a standard "France is occupied, what now?" event.

A small point on Denmark, Germany used to own the province of Aabenra before WWII, it would be nice if Germany gains a core on it in case of intergrating Denmark or it maintains the status quo and demands it in return for that.

As for the east, it's just lacking polish in general. First, I took deliberate options to antagonize Romania early on, giving Banat to Hungary and siding with them over the issue of Transylvania, causing Romania to declare war on the entire Axis. This was mostly for my own benefit, to enlarge RK Ukraine. But, the General Government also ends up with the old pieces of Austrian Bukovina. If these are included in the GG, it would be nice if you also gained cores them if you chose to Germanize the GG (and the GG gains cores on it when Galicia is Germanized). The rump Romanian state also retained claims on the lands east of the Dniestr in Ukraine, despite me explicitly assigning that land to Ukraine.

During the civil war against the SS, all eastern entities stuck with my authority except the Cossacks who joined the SS. A decision on the future of the Cossack lands would be nice, as I also had a game recently where they denied access to the Volga Coalition, causing war with the Axis and their annexation. Just something simple where you either recreate them like at game start but as a puppet or divide the land between the RK Caucasus and RK Ukraine.

RK Ukraine, after being released again after my victory, retained their old leadership, the one that had defected to the SS, so it would be nice if those would be removed from their and Ukraine propper's roster. RK Ukraine also doesn't get released in her old shape, lacking the old Romanian land, the land with Belarussian claims and a lot of land in the east. This also means that once Ukraine gains autonomy when reorganizing the east, it lacks cores, and there remains land without a country with a core on it. An example is southern Belarus if you choose to not assign it to them.

RK Ostland is also a bit strange, since right after creating the Baltic Confederation, I can choose to integrate and colonize them. It can really do with the order of things being changed around. You first pick the land to Germanize (just Lithuania, all of the Baltics or all of Ostland) and then pick what to do with the pieces you don't Germanize, this could also benefit of a Novgorod tag, where you don't with to assign the region back to a unified Russian state.

As for the the Muscovy/RNR region, I need to get rid of Lokot/the RNR to be able to do Barbarossa II, but I really don't want to own all the land directly, it would be nice to instead of just getting rid of the RNR I could transform the region into RK Moskowien (potentially adding the Novgorod region to it). In the immediate post SS revolt event, I was also forced to release the Volga German state, even tho the Volga German ASSR never defected to me, perhaps have that release be dependent on if they actually defect. Also, if the northern region of the Cossacks was assigned to RK Ukraine, maybe give it the option to be granted to the RNR/RK Moskowien since it's almost exclusively Russian anyways. In case you decide to get rid of Lokot/the RNR, give them the ability to resist by going to war, but in return also give the Soviet the ability to intervene by declaring on Lokot/the RNR afterwards.

Lastly, all annexations of puppet grant you their divisions. Whilst in case of the Benelux this makes sense (you gain cores) for the others it's less so. Just use a different annexation command because all the manpower (I disband the divisions cause I don't like the auxillary and generic names cluttering up my unit list) it grants gives Germany a big boost already.

Finally, a small bug report. I had to trigger the decision about the fate or Reichsprotektorate Böhmen und Mähren by console since it wouldn't show up in my decisions tab for whatever reason since it's supposed to show up at the same time as the decision for the GG. Also, there is a decision about a German-Manchurian Economic Cooperation which pops up every couple of days in the decisions tab and I get a notification from it, but it immediately dissapears again. Germany also lacks a core on Colmar, south of Strassbourg

Despite this wall of text, maybe because of it even, I really enjoy the mod and hope you keep up the good work!

• 3Like
Reactions:
@pakotorino Take care of yourself, mate.

I played another watching play and found a bug.
In WW3 (the Axis vs the USSR vs the U.N.), the Soviets and the Americans, which was successfully landing in North Germany and conquested them, didn't fight at all (even the Soviets fought with China and Korea, which were on the U.N. side), because the Soviets and the U.S. had a non-aggressive pact until 1960.
I put a picture on here.

WW3_not_fight.png

EDIT: It seems like the following code would be suitable.

Code:
        action = {
                name = "Total World War"
                ai_chance = 35
                command = { type = end_non_aggression which = USA where = SOV} # added it
                command = { type = war which = SOV }  
                command = { type = war which = GER }
        }

Last edited:
Reactions:
Edit***

Great MOD. I'm Playing Germany just now and enjoying the alt history (glad it didn't happen for the record :-D )

Few things i have noticed that may be correct or may not be.

When the Far eastern republic (i forgot its name) needs Axis command support the event fires but no troops are deployed and America and the UN steam roll them but Imperial Russia allied to the far eastern republic and is land locked by the former USSR and the UN is stuck in a perpetual war with them despite releasing Primorsk as a puppet state in the far east. So all countries being released end up fighting in a war with the UN.

Also the event of German and Manchurian cooperation keeps notifying me i can activate it in the decisions but its not available there and it continues to notify me of the event even though Manchuria was annexed by commie china.

Bohemia seems to not be involved in "generalplan" events

Also the names for some frigates are named Gurkha rifles
+1 with "German-Manchurian Economic Cooperation". Funny thing is, Manchuria does not even exist anymore in "my" timeline. Happens to Germany only when at peace. It is just a minor thing but rather annoying.

I bet I already mentioned it here but what a wonderful mod this is, thank you! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've seen the UK leave the U.N. due to the Ethiopian war, but they didn't return to the U.N after they finished the war.

I checked db/events/Fatherland/AFRICA/ethiopia.txt and realized that if the UK annexed Ethiopia, which usually occurs by the AIs, it doesn't fire the 91681 event, which makes Ethiopia a puppet and the UK return to the U.N.

After spending some tests, I realized the reason for that. Because the event didn't have date/offset/deathdate lines, so I added them and then the event was fired as usual.

Just edit it like the following code.

Code:
#########################################################
#### 91681 - ENG - We've won
event = {
id = 91681
random = no
country = ENG

name = "We've won"
desc = "The Ethiopia don't exist anymore"
style = 2
picture = "news_paper"       

date = { day = 0 month = december year = 1949 } # added
offset = 10 #added
deathdate = { day = 29 month = january year = 1960 } #added

trigger = {
event = 91671 #added
NOT = { exists = ETH }
}

action = {
ai_chance = 100
name = "Yes, we have won!"
command = { type = relation which = USA value = 20 }
command = { type = dissent value = -1 }      
command = { type = independence which = ETH }
command = { type = make_puppet which = ETH }
command = { type = alliance which = USA }
}

}

To the devs, I think it is a good thing to include this fix in the next version of the mod. Because sometimes it became a game-breaking bug when the WW3 happens (for example, the UK alone should fight against the entire Axis), so should be fixed it as fast as possible.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I've seen the UK leave the U.N. due to the Ethiopian war, but they didn't return to the U.N after they finished the war.

I checked db/events/Fatherland/AFRICA/ethiopia.txt and realized that if the UK annexed Ethiopia, which usually occurs by the AIs, it doesn't fire the 91681 event, which makes Ethiopia a puppet and the UK return to the U.N.

After spending some tests, I realized the reason for that. Because the event didn't have date/offset/deathdate lines, so I added them and then the event was fired as usual.

Just edit it like the following code.

Code:
#### 91681 - ENG - We've won
event = {
id = 91681
random = no
country = ENG

name = "We've won"
desc = "The Ethiopia don't exist anymore"
style = 2
picture = "news_paper"      

date = { day = 0 month = december year = 1949 } # added
offset = 10 #added
deathdate = { day = 29 month = january year = 1960 } #added

trigger = {
event = 91671 #added
NOT = { exists = ETH }
}

action = {
ai_chance = 100
name = "Yes, we have won!"
command = { type = dissent value = -1 }     
command = { type = independence which = ETH }
command = { type = make_puppet which = ETH }
command = { type = alliance which = USA }
}

}

To the devs, I think it is a good thing to include this fix in the next version of the mod. Because sometimes it became a game-breaking bug when the WW3 happens (for example, the UK alone should fight against the entire Axis), so should be fixed it as fast as possible.

@Redding had made an hotfix here
(also in the first page)

@Redding had made an hotfix here
(also in the first page)

It seems irrelevant to the issue. This hotfix doesn't include AFRICA/ethiopia.txt, only events in the GER and COMINTERN folders.
Besides, I had already installed that hotfix but still happened this problem.

Last edited:
I've played the mod as Manchuria.
It seems like Manchuria doesn't have a united China event, unlike the Communists and the Nationalists.
So I made that one just for my enjoyment.

I copy/pasted from the Nationalist version and edited it a bit.

Just add the following code to Fatherland\db\events\Fatherland\ASIA\manchukuo.txt

Code:
##########################################################
# Manchuria won over the Chinese Civil War Event Chain by Hiro
# Using ID:150040 - 150045

### Manchuria Victory over the Chinese Civil War

event = {
    id = 150040
    random = no
    country = MAN
    persistent = no
    name = "Manchuria Victory over the Chinese Civil War"
    desc = "To all surprise including the Manchurians themselves, the Empire of Manchuria won the civil war over China. However, one thing that should decide soon is whether our county will restore the old Qing Empire as a legitimate government of all China, or keep our identity to Manchuria."
    style = 2
    picture = "manchukuo"

trigger = {
        control = { province = 1247 data = -1 } # Beijing
        NOT = { exists = CHI }
        NOT = { exists = CHC }
    }

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1948 }
    offset = 10
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

action_a = {
        name = "Restore old Qing Empire!"
        ai_chance = 90
        command = { type = dissent value = -15 }
        command = { type = capital which = 1247 } # Beijing
        command = { type = name where = MAN which = "Qing Empire" }
    }

action_b = {
        name = "Actually, we rather like Manchuria Empire"
        ai_chance = 10
        command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
    }
}

### The price of victory for the Manchuria Government

event = {
    id = 150041
    random = no
    country = MAN
    save_date = yes
    persistent = no
    name = "The price of victory for the Manchuria Government"
    desc = "Following the Manchuria's victory over Nationalist and Communist forces in the Civil War, the expanded Manchuria Empire finds itself too thinly stretched across the vast expanses of China. Additionally, the Manchuria government watches almost powerlessly as the various warlord cliques still govern parts of China. Also, many peasants are willing to side with the surviving Communist guerrillas. China's time of struggle has yet to end until we crack down on the warlords."
    style = 2
    picture = "manchukuo"

trigger = {
        NOT = { exists = CHC }
        NOT = { exists = CHI }
        event = 150040 # Manchuria Victory in the Chenese Civil War
    }

offset = 15
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1980 }

action = {
        name = "We have lost the people's hearts and minds."
        command = { type = dissent value = 15 }
    }
}

### The price of victory was paid to Manchuria

event = {
    id = 150042
    random = no
    country = MAN

name = "The price of victory was paid to Manchuria"
    desc = "Over five years ago, our Manchuria troops laid their traditionalistic Manchurialistic order throughout the Chinese hinterland, paying a dear price as Chinese citizens were not too keen on the old Qing state returning to their poverty-ridden homes. It has been a long and arduous road, and as living conditions improve throughout the country, the populace is starting to accept the rightful leadership of Manchuria."
    picture = "nwo\china_land_reform"
    style = 2

trigger = {
        NOT = { exists = CHC }
        NOT = { exists = CHI }
        event = 150041 # The price of victory for Manchuria
        event = { id = 150041 days = 1840 } # 5 years have passed since winning Civil War
        atwar = no
        owned = { province = 1297 data = -1 }
        owned = { province = 1298 data = -1 }
        owned = { province = 1317 data = -1 }
        owned = { province = 1337 data = -1 }
        owned = { province = 1338 data = -1 }
    }

offset = 15

action = {
        name = "We have regained the people's confidence."
        command = { type = dissent value = -40 }
        command = { type = peacetime_ic_mod value = 10 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1301 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1302 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1307 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1310 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1304 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1312 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1297 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1298 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1300 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1291 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1292 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1293 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1296 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1314 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1315 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1261 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1262 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1263 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1264 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1265 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1266 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1267 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1283 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1284 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1285 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1268 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1269 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1270 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1271 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1272 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1248 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1249 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1250 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1251 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1252 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1253 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1254 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1255 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1256 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1257 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1258 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1259 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1260 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1241 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1242 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1243 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1244 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1245 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1246 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1247 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1238 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1239 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1240 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1237 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1209 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1210 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1213 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1200 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1206 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1203 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1198 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1197 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1201 where = -1 }
    }
}

### Manchuria decision for future alliance

event = {
    id = 150043
    random = no
    country = MAN

name = "Manchuria decision for the future alliance"
    desc = "After the victory over the civil war, the Empire of Manchuria needed the decision to make a future empire's partner. Many ministers in the empire thought that the old German friend would be the most suitable candidate, but some ministers thought joining the U.N. would be more beneficial. However, the final decision should make..."
    picture = "manchukuo"
    style = 2

trigger = {
        atwar = no
        NOT = { exists = CHC }
        NOT = { exists = CHI }
        NOT = {
            ispuppet = yes
            alliance = { country = MAN country = GER }
            alliance = { country = MAN country = SOV }
            alliance = { country = MAN country = USA }
        }
    }

offset = 15

action_a = {
        ai_chance = 60
        name = "We will join the Axis!"
        command = { type = dissent value = -3 }
        command = { type = trigger which = 150044 }
        command = { type = relation which = GER value = 20 }
        command = { type = relation which = USA value = -20 }
        command = { type = relation which = SOV value = -20 }
    }

action_b = {
        ai_chance = 10
        name = "We will join the U.N."
        command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
        command = { type = trigger which = 150045 }
        command = { type = relation which = GER value = -20 }
    }

action_c = {
        ai_chance = 30
        name = "We will keep neutral"
    }
}

### German response to Manchuria's membership request

event = {
    id = 150044
    random = no
    country = GER

name = "The Manchuria requests Axis membership"
    desc = "A most convenient event has occurred in China -- the empire of the Manchuria has won the favor of the Chinese people and has established the Chinese new government on the basis of our own National Socialism and Italian Fascism. What's more, they are requesting full and formal membership in our victorious Axis alliance."
    picture = "fatherland\chinese_dragon"
    style = 2

action_a = {
        name = "Welcome the Manchurian Dragon into the Axis."
        ai_chance = 100
        command = { type = relation which = MAN value = 20 }
        command = { type = alliance which = MAN }
    }

action_b = {
        name = "Deny their request."
        ai_chance = 0
        command = { type = relation which = MAN value = -10 }
    }
}

### USA response to Manchuria's membership request

event = {
    id = 150045
    random = no
    country = USA

name = "The Manchuria requests U.N. membership"
    desc = "A surprising move happened -- the empire of Manchuria, which recently united China, want to join our alliance. Should we accept it or not?"
    style = 2

action_a = {
        name = "Welcome the Manchurians into the U.N."
        ai_chance = 30
    }

action_b = {
        ai_chance = 70
    }
}

I test the game and it run quite well and enhanced a lot of enjoyment playing Manchuria.

Manchuria_VIctory.png

Victory over the civil war! (and even it can rename Manchuria to Qing Empire if the player wants to it ).

Manchuria_Decision.png

And Decision time...

Manchuria_Join_Axis.png

Join the axis (seems like even the axis crumble didn't affect it).

EDIT: Also, I felt that some events from Kaiser Reich should not have been in the timeline of this mod, such as the destroying forts of Shangoing Tianguo (lol, what?!).

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I've played the mod as Manchuria.
It seems like Manchuria doesn't have a united China event, unlike the Communists and the Nationalists.
So I made that one just for my enjoyment.

I copy/pasted from the Nationalist version and edited it a bit.

Just add the following code to Fatherland\db\events\Fatherland\ASIA\manchukuo.txt

Code:
# Manchuria won over the Chinese Civil War Event Chain by Hiro
# Using ID:150040 - 150045

### Manchuria Victory over the Chinese Civil War

event = {
    id = 150040
    random = no
    country = MAN
    persistent = no
    name = "Manchuria Victory over the Chinese Civil War"
    desc = "To all surprise including the Manchurians themselves, the Empire of Manchuria won the civil war over China. However, one thing that should decide soon is whether our county will restore the old Qing Empire as a legitimate government of all China, or keep our identity to Manchuria."
    style = 2
    picture = "manchukuo"

trigger = {
        control = { province = 1247 data = -1 } # Beijing
        NOT = { exists = CHI }
        NOT = { exists = CHC }
    }

offset = 10
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

action_a = {
        name = "Restore old Qing Empire!"
        ai_chance = 90
        command = { type = dissent value = -15 }
        command = { type = capital which = 1247 } # Beijing
        command = { type = name where = MAN which = "Qing Empire" }
    }

action_b = {
        name = "Actually, we rather like Manchuria Empire"
        ai_chance = 10
        command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
    }
}

### The price of victory for the Manchuria Government

event = {
    id = 150041
    random = no
    country = MAN
    save_date = yes
    persistent = no
    name = "The price of victory for the Manchuria Government"
    desc = "Following the Manchuria's victory over Nationalist and Communist forces in the Civil War, the expanded Manchuria Empire finds itself too thinly stretched across the vast expanses of China. Additionally, the Manchuria government watches almost powerlessly as the various warlord cliques still govern parts of China. Also, many peasants are willing to side with the surviving Communist guerrillas. China's time of struggle has yet to end until we crack down on the warlords."
    style = 2
    picture = "manchukuo"

trigger = {
        NOT = { exists = CHC }
        NOT = { exists = CHI }
        event = 150040 # Manchuria Victory in the Chenese Civil War
    }

offset = 15

action = {
        name = "We have lost the people's hearts and minds."
        command = { type = dissent value = 15 }
    }
}

### The price of victory was paid to Manchuria

event = {
    id = 150042
    random = no
    country = MAN

name = "The price of victory was paid to Manchuria"
    desc = "Over five years ago, our Manchuria troops laid their traditionalistic Manchurialistic order throughout the Chinese hinterland, paying a dear price as Chinese citizens were not too keen on the old Qing state returning to their poverty-ridden homes. It has been a long and arduous road, and as living conditions improve throughout the country, the populace is starting to accept the rightful leadership of Manchuria."
    picture = "nwo\china_land_reform"
    style = 2

trigger = {
        NOT = { exists = CHC }
        NOT = { exists = CHI }
        event = { id = 150041 days = 1840 } # 5 years have passed since winning Civil War
        atwar = no
        owned = { province = 1297 data = -1 }
        owned = { province = 1298 data = -1 }
        owned = { province = 1317 data = -1 }
        owned = { province = 1337 data = -1 }
        owned = { province = 1338 data = -1 }
    }

offset = 15

action = {
        name = "We have regained the people's confidence."
        command = { type = dissent value = -40 }
        command = { type = peacetime_ic_mod value = 10 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1301 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1302 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1307 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1310 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1304 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1312 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1297 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1298 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1300 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1291 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1292 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1293 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1296 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1314 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1315 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1261 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1262 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1263 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1264 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1265 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1266 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1267 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1283 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1284 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1285 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1268 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1269 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1270 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1271 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1272 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1248 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1249 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1250 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1251 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1252 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1253 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1254 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1255 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1256 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1257 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1258 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1259 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1260 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1241 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1242 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1243 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1244 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1245 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1246 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1247 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1238 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1239 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1240 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1237 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1209 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1210 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1213 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1200 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1206 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1203 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1198 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1197 where = -1 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 1201 where = -1 }
    }
}

### Manchuria decision for future alliance

event = {
    id = 150043
    random = no
    country = MAN

name = "Manchuria decision for the future alliance"
    desc = "After the victory over the civil war, the Empire of Manchuria needed the decision to make a future empire's partner. Many ministers in the empire thought that the old German friend would be the most suitable candidate, but some ministers thought joining the U.N. would be more beneficial. However, the final decision should make..."
    picture = "manchukuo"
    style = 2

trigger = {
        atwar = no
        NOT = { exists = CHC }
        NOT = { exists = CHI }
        NOT = {
            ispuppet = yes
            alliance = { country = MAN country = GER }
            alliance = { country = MAN country = SOV }
            alliance = { country = MAN country = USA }
        }
    }

offset = 15

action_a = {
        ai_chance = 60
        name = "We will join the Axis!"
        command = { type = trigger which = 150044 }
        command = { type = relation which = GER value = 20 }
        command = { type = relation which = USA value = -20 }
    }

action_b = {
        ai_chance = 10
        name = "We will join the U.N."
        command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
        command = { type = trigger which = 150045 }
        command = { type = relation which = GER value = -20 }
    }

action_c = {
        ai_chance = 30
        name = "We will keep neutral"
    }
}

### German response to Manchuria's membership request

event = {
    id = 150044
    random = no
    country = GER

name = "The Manchuria requests Axis membership"
    desc = "A most convenient event has occurred in China -- the empire of the Manchuria has won the favor of the Chinese people and has established the Chinese new government on the basis of our own National Socialism and Italian Fascism. What's more, they are requesting full and formal membership in our victorious Axis alliance."
    style = 2

action_a = {
        name = "Welcome the Manchurian Dragon into the Axis."
        ai_chance = 100
    }

action_b = {
        ai_chance = 0
    }
}

### USA response to Manchuria's membership request

event = {
    id = 150045
    random = no
    country = USA

name = "The Manchuria requests U.N. membership"
    desc = "A surprising move happened -- the empire of Manchuria, which recently united China, want to join our alliance. Should we accept it or not?"
    style = 2

action_a = {
        name = "Welcome the Manchurians into the U.N."
        ai_chance = 30
    }

action_b = {
        ai_chance = 70
    }
}

I test the game and it run quite well and enhanced a lot of enjoyment playing Manchuria.

View attachment 855764

Victory over the civil war! (and even it can rename Manchuria to Qing Empire if the player wants to it ).

View attachment 855765

And Decision time...

View attachment 855766

Join the axis (seems like even the axis crumble didn't affect it).

EDIT: Also, I felt that some events from Kaiser Reich should not have been in the timeline of this mod, such as the destroying forts of Shangoing Tianguo (lol, what?!).
Just an idea. since Manchurian empire lore is that most of the IJA joined this new empire. would it be nice if they have an event after about 8 years to "reclaim the birthright" and declare on Japan? and add events for creating a united East asian empire or restore Imperial japan with most of the Japanese Generals returning home?

Just an idea. since Manchurian empire lore is that most of the IJA joined this new empire. would it be nice if they have an event after about 8 years to "reclaim the birthright" and declare on Japan? and add events for creating a united East asian empire or restore Imperial japan with most of the Japanese Generals returning home?
Honestly, Manchuria should have a bit of a identity crisis in case of their victory in the civil war. Either a independist faction comes out on top, leading to the IJA elements being purged and a refounding of the old Qing dynasty, intergrating Mengkukuo, conquering Outer Mongolia and Outer Manchuria, or the IJA elements come out on top, seeing the independist elements purged, a puppet RNGotRoC established, takeover of Korea and then moving on to Japan propper. I'd imagine that Manchuria in that case becomes some kind of Kwantung Army tag.

Speaking of China, I'm wondering as to why the capital at game start is in Beijing, it's indefensible and from 1927 onwards the capital had always officially been Nanjing. The need to move away from Chongqing after victory over Japan is understandable, but in the scenario presented Nanjing is the far more reasonable choice, where it also represents a Han capital as opposed to the Manchu capital of Beijing.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Honestly, Manchuria should have a bit of a identity crisis in case of their victory in the civil war. Either a independist faction comes out on top, leading to the IJA elements being purged and a refounding of the old Qing dynasty, intergrating Mengkukuo, conquering Outer Mongolia and Outer Manchuria, or the IJA elements come out on top, seeing the independist elements purged, a puppet RNGotRoC established, takeover of Korea and then moving on to Japan propper. I'd imagine that Manchuria in that case becomes some kind of Kwantung Army tag.

Speaking of China, I'm wondering as to why the capital at game start is in Beijing, it's indefensible and from 1927 onwards the capital had always officially been Nanjing. The need to move away from Chongqing after victory over Japan is understandable, but in the scenario presented Nanjing is the far more reasonable choice, where it also represents a Han capital as opposed to the Manchu capital of Beijing.
It would be a great idea! especially in terms of where to expand. A Chinese Faction victory will lead to the purge of the IJA elements (and maybe have an option to deport them to Japan, boosting relations with Japan and the USA). At the same time, some divisions will become partisan divisions to simulate unrest within the IJA formations. after the Chinese army destroys the IJA, they will move towards regaining old Qing territories such as Tibet and Mongolia and perhaps beyond into central Asia.
on the other hand, an IJA victory will result in Puyi becoming a puppet emperor and The Chinese faction destroyed replaced with loyal Japanese generals or loyalist Chinese collaborators. and instead of regaining the qing territory. they build up for a war to reconquer Korea and Japan. with an end game of a united East Asian empire. then options to either balkanize and divide china to prevent a significant uprising or let Puyi stay as a puppet head of state while a Japanese emperor rules behind the shadows.

• 3Like
Reactions: