• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AkwatiKata

Straptastic
66 Badges
Dec 30, 2014
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
I am trying to play Deus Vult on this other machine that's too weak to run CK2, but it kept crashing with this fatal error:
---
***Unhandled Exception Error Detected! Address: 0x04ECAF86
Please report! (more information in log file)
---
Then I unpacked this DV Patch and now I get this error:
---
***Unhandled Exception Error Detected! Address: 0x04D8AF89
---
I've searched for similar reports and tried switching directories. I now have the game in C:\Steam\steamapps\common. Yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed Steam elsewhere as I'd read somewhere to not have the game under Program Files.
This machine is running Win7.
So what's wrong and where is this "log file" with more information?

Hmm, i 'd recommed first to try a "Verify integrity of game cache" in the games' Steam properties-local files (Games-Library- CK- right click-properties-local files).

If that doesn't find any errrors/missing files and doesnt download anything, then try this:
Try these things

- Rename your AVI-folder (in the main crusader kings folder) to something else (like AVIback f.e.)

- Go into the settings.txt file and make sure the resolution there matches what your video card/monitor can support. When in doubt set it to 1024 X 768 refresh 60.

- Set colourdepth to 16 bit

Create a fresh shortcut of Crusaders.exe without Steam and try to run it directly.

Reactions:
well, the "Verify integrity of game cache" yields this:
---
***Unhandled Exception Error Detected! Address: 0x04F0AB7E
---
However, renaming the AVI did work; hurray!
I just wonder if the "Verify integrity of game cache" messed up the DV Patch...

---
However, renaming the AVI did work; hurray!

Yeah ! :)

I just wonder if the "Verify integrity of game cache" messed up the DV Patch...

Why do you wonder ? Any reasons ?
The Verify only reads and checks the content of the files. I never heard that could mess up anything.

As long as you installed the patch content over the game files before (as in overwriting already present files), that should be fine.
I don't have the Steam version, so i have no idea which version CK-DV comes with in Steam.

By the way, got Win7 myself andf the AVI runs for me.
Dont know why it doesn't for you and if it's Directx version related (9.0c is required) or missing codecs.
Then again, you only miss the opening video.

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't clear; the "Verify integrity of game cache" got me three files. I didn't check which ones but maybe they replaced the files that were overwritten with the DV Patch [*checking in-game*]
and now that I've checked, yes it did. I had a problem where if I went to the ledger to see who is in my court and clicked on Culture, the game would respond as if I clicked on my leader's portrait. It seems to get what's 'behind' the ledger. That was my first post on this forum. The problem is back.
[*unpacking DV Patch*]
Hurray! Everything works as it should. Well, I'm off to a ridiculously long DV session; see you all after at least ten hours:D

Sorry I wasn't clear; the "Verify integrity of game cache" got me three files. I didn't check which ones but maybe they replaced the files that were overwritten with the DV Patch [*checking in-game*]
and now that I've checked, yes it did. I had a problem where if I went to the ledger to see who is in my court and clicked on Culture, the game would respond as if I clicked on my leader's portrait. It seems to get what's 'behind' the ledger. That was my first post on this forum. The problem is back.
[*unpacking DV Patch*]
Hurray! Everything works as it should. Well, I'm off to a ridiculously long DV session; see you all after at least ten hours:D

Ah i see.

I really recommend the sound files (SFX) part of the mod here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/iamwhoas-sfx-1-0.356382/ (download links in a post further down by me) ,
as it also changes the click-on-COA and the catapult sound and it will save your sanity after having listened to the original sound for a while. ;)

Have fun. :cool: