• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 31, 2008
Hi!
I apologize for bad English.
The crux of the problem.
After loading a saved game have place abnormally high loss of morale in combat with armies, which already have been mobilized before the time the game was saved. This leads to what is already after one - three rounds of shooting the morale of the armies falls to zero. With the participation in the same battle armies, mobilized after save loading, you will notice that they loss of morale is about 10 times lower than loss in the armies mobilized before save/load.
This bug sims absent in the original version of Crusader Kings. In a patch 1.05 it already exists, as in adone Deus Vult.
Respect & best regards.

Upvote 0
Known bug IIRC. Upon loading a game, your mobilized regiments will all have 0 morale. But, again IIRC, it's not actually a bug--it was done that way to avoid an exploit. The "fix" is to not save and reload while at war. Which isn't good if your game crashes while your at war and your autosaves (or latest manual save) were done after the start of the war.

Thank you for your clarification.

1. And what exploit had in mind?
2. How do without exits and loadings in large wars of big countries? For example Byzantine and Seljuk.
3. On the exploits.
1. Declare war on enemy.
2. Wait until he mobilized.
3. Save, quit, load.
4. Mobilize.
5. Chasing kicks several times strongest opponent & have fun. :)
Does it exploit? :)

i cant say that i understand why they would put in a "fix" that totally screws up the game, in order to fix an exploit in a single player game?
who cares if u exploit a single player game? u will only be cheating yourself

as i often do not have alot of time to play, i run into this almost every time i get into a major war
the only "fix" i have found is to go into the save game and edit the morale of my armies, im not sure how high i should set it though

If anyone has a way to fix this by editing some part of the code or whatnot, I'd be eternally grateful. If this really is working as designed...it is an incredibly foolish choice. I can live with the issue of my armies loosing morale if I save/reload while at war. What annoys me to no end is that if anyone, anywhere, in the world has mobilized armies, loading the game changes the outcome that should occur regarding any battles they are in, or later come to be in. Particularly bothersome during civil wars and the like, but very annoying in general.