• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cities: Skylines Official

Corporal
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Jul 31, 2023
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Colossal Order Staff
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • PDXCon 2019 "Baron"
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
Welcome to the FAQ that has been posted alongside the message from Colossal Order CEO Mariina Hallikainen and Paradox Interactive Deputy CEO Mattias Lilja. The questions have been sorted into categories to make it easier to read.

If you haven't read the written statement, here's a link.

Refund

Why is Beach Properties being refunded?
We see and understand the disappointment many have expressed after the release of Beach Properties and agree that this DLC felt rushed and should not have been published in the state that it was.

We have therefore decided to make the asset pack a free addition to the game, compensate those who bought it to the extent possible (see the rest of the FAQ for further information on this) and provide additional content within the Ultimate Edition in an effort to repay the loyalty we've seen in the community since the release of Cities: Skylines II.

How will I be compensated?
Depending on how and where you bought the Beach Properties pack, we have different possibilities to compensate you for that purchase.
Please read through the different conditions on each platform below and the special conditions for Ultimate Edition / Premium Edition (physical).

Will Beach Properties be available for free?
We have made the decision that, along with the refund/compensation, we will include everything that was in the Beach Properties Asset Pack in the base game. If you did not purchase the Asset Pack while it was available, then you will receive the content in the next patch in about two weeks.

I own it already, will I still be able to access Beach Properties?
For those who have already bought Beach Properties, none of your current content will be removed while this change is being made, and you will be able to keep using all of the included assets.

Why am I unable to access assets from Beach Properties at the moment?
We intended for players to have access to the Beach Properties assets until we could incorporate them into the Base Game with the upcoming patch. Unfortunately, due to variations in the packages purchased, some entitlements are currently inactive and causing an issue where the player cannot access the assets. We are looking for a temporary fix for this, but the issue may continue until the patch is released. Said patch is in the works, and will soon move to testing and then certification. We aim to deliver this update to you within 2-3 weeks, earlier if possible.

What will happen to my save that already uses Beach Properties content?
Assets are only losing the entitlement (that they are locked behind the DLC) and are instead being added to the base game, so your saves should be unaffected.

What are the patches and what will they contain?
With regards to patches, one of the main concerns that we've heard from community has been what these patches prioritize, and how that relates to and impacts the additions of new content. We still have a long way to go before we are at the place where we want to be for Cities: Skylines II, and we will continue to work on a series of continuous patches that include the feedback we have recieved from the community. These patches will happen before Colossal Order focuses on additional paid content.

When will asset mods be supported?
We are currently addressing technical issues with the asset import pipeline that must be resolved for the asset editor to function. We have dedicated resources that work on this, however, it is difficult to provide a precise timeline at this stage. We are working very hard to have it out in a patch before summer.

Beach Properties, Beach Properties Bundle, Expansion Pass

How am I going to recieve my refund?
Details on how your refund will be provided or claimed depends on what platform you bought it on:

• Steam
    If you purchased Beach Properties separately or through a Steam Bundle (Expansion Pass Bundle or Beach Properties Bundle) you will automatically be refunded the amount equivalent to the cost of Beach Properties directly to your Steam Wallet.
  • Microsoft
    If you purchased Beach Properties separately or through a Bundle (Expansion Pass Bundle or Beach Properties Bundle) you will be refunded the amount equivalent to the cost of Beach Properties. The refund will me made to the method it was initially charged.
  • Paradox Store
    If you bought Beach Properties, the Beach Properties bundle, or the Expansion pass through the Paradox Store, you will automatically be refunded. If you purchased the Expansion Pass, you will keep your access to the Instant Unlock and Deluxe Relax station but will need to make a new purchase for any upcoming content.
  • Key Reseller
    If you bought Beach Properties or the Beach Properties Bundle through an approved 3rd party key seller you will be entitled to a refund. Please reach out to your retailer for information on how to do this, since it may vary between sellers.
  • Physical (Premium Edition)
    For this, the same conditions as Ultimate Edition apply. Beach Properties has not been sold separately as a physical box, but is included in the Premium Edition. For those of you who have redeemed your codes, you will automatically get the additional content upon its release.

When can I expect the refund?
As the refund process is done manually in many cases, it may take a while before your refund gets processed. If you have not received it within a month, please get in touch with the retailer you purchased it from. If you purchased it from the Paradox Store contact us at Paradox customer support: https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/

Ultimate Edition (& Premium Edition)

I have bought the Ultimate Edition, why do I not get a refund but compensation?
Distribution of the included Expansion Pass across digital and physical storefronts creates complexities that makes it impossible to execute refunds. We realize that this is far from ideal, especially given the dedication shown by those of you who have stayed with us since launch. We are committed to repaying that loyalty, and therefore we will compensate you by adding three (3) new Creator Packs and three (3) new Radio Stations to the Ultimate Edition, which will total around 39.99 USD in added value. This solution hopefully ensures that you, as an Ultimate Edition purchaser, feel you receive fair compensation.

What is the new content added to the Ultimate Edition?
The new content that we're adding to the Ultimate Edition will be three (3) new Creator Packs and three (3) new Radio Stations, which will add up to around 39.99 USD in added value.

What is the difference between Ultimate and Premium edition?
The Premium Edition is the physical box version of the Ultimate Edition.

Console

When will Console be released?
We have been struggling to get Cities: Skylines II to the necessary level of optimization that we feel we need for the console release. We've engaged multiple consultants and made other continuous efforts over the past few months to enhance performance and stability to a level where we would be able to release it. In April, we will recieve a Beta Build that we hope shows sufficient progress and passes initial testing. After that has passed, we progress with a Release Candidate build, which in turn will be tested multiple times.

If both the Beta and then the Release Candidate pass these tests and no unforseen issuses arise, we should be able to release in October. Before we have seen and evaluated the progress made in these builds, however, we will not be able to confirm the release date, and even then some uncertainty always remains.

Why has the Console date not been shared earlier?
Due to uncertainty regarding the game's quality on console platforms, and to avoid giving promises that we are not completely sure we can keep, we have been hesitant in communicating any specific timelines relating to consoles. The process and development on console have taken us months longer than we anticipated, and the timeline still has some unknown factors remaining. Our priority has been to ensure that we can confidently give a reliable release date, which we still can not. We hope that sharing where we are in development in future posts will give you some idea of what to expect for the console release.

Is the work on Console delaying content updates on PC or vise versa?
The team working on the console release and development operate separately from our PC development team, allowing both teams to progress without splitting either team's focus and time. While the optimization work on the PC build affects the console build, any improvements benefit both versions.

Timeline

Is there an updated timeline for Bridges & Ports?
Yes: we will focus on additional free patches and game updates in the coming months before Colossal Order spends time on new paid content, resulting in a move of the Bridges and Ports Expansion to Q1 2025.

What content is being cancelled or pushed?
Beach Properties will be added into the game as free content instead of a DLC; Bridges & Ports will be moved to Q1 2025. No content is currently being cancelled.

When will I get the additional Creator Packs?
The additional Creator Packs are planned for Q4 2024.

Won't adding more Creator Packs delay the patches that are planned?
Creator Packs are made in collaboration between creators and Paradox Interactive. The creator does most of the heavy lifting: they model, texture, and prop the buildings with support from Paradox Interactive, and Colossal Order finally assists by importing the assets into the game. This means that the Creator Packs require only implementation work by the Colossal Order team, and should not affect other content they develop for Cities: Skylines II.

Will there be a delay on the Creator packs scheduled for Q2?
Currently there is no planned delay for the Creator Packs Urban Promenades and Modern Architecture scheduled for Q2. As they are being produced independently, and only require implementation from Colossal Order, they do not take focus away from the work on improving the game, and have minimal impact on the timeline.

Updated 25/4 - 24:
Added "The refund will me made to the method it was initially charged." to the Microsoft section of "How am I going to recieve my refund?"

Last edited:
  • 87Like
  • 23Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Ok so I guess I'll come back sometime in Q4 2024 when the asset packs release. Lost for words on how awful this is.

Even though there are great mods out there now, but at the same time I find it shameful that it seems they (and we as well) have to rely on modders so much to make a game we paid for more enjoyable! I am truly disappointed in CO and Paradox and am pretty much not going to buy any future CS:2 DLC, and for sure will not buy any other game from them.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Ok so I guess I'll come back sometime in Q4 2024 when the asset packs release. Lost for words on how awful this is.

Even though there are great mods out there now, but at the same time I find it shameful that it seems they (and we as well) have to rely on modders so much to make a game we paid for more enjoyable! I am truly disappointed in CO and Paradox and am pretty much not going to buy any future CS:2 DLC, and for sure will not buy any other game from them.
It was the same whit CS 1 that together whit the mods and assets packs it made the game more fun to play.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Oh blimey, you are having some challenges, but I appreciate the frank, clear and concise update. Keep going.... I'm sure there is a great game hiding in amongst all this struggle. You will unleash it eventually.

• 13Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Please keep working hard on the base game engine. If that keeps improving everything else will fall into place and without it nothing else matters. Appreciate the update.

• 12Like
Reactions:
three (3) new Creator Packs and three (3) new Radio Stations, which will add up to around 39.99 USD in added value.
Ok but how much content are we talking about? Cuz you know, 60 (although I can't count a leveled up asset as something separate because at the start the same lot sizes are nearly identical, so it was more like 20) for 10 bucks was pretty meh, I hope you noticed that.

One problem this game has is variety when it comes to similarly sized growable assets. If you place a straight long road with max sized zoning, you'll end up with a LONG row of identical house barracks. Or gas stations, because that happens as well.
That can't be just solved with creator packs, you need to put a bit more in the base game.

• 11Like
Reactions:
Thank you for being up front, it's refreshing and I hope this transparency continues. There are still many players - including me - who would love to see this game succeed, a comeback is not out of the question!
With time, effort and consistent communication like this, I believe this game can be just as good - if not better - than what was promised at release.

• 13Like
Reactions:
As an Ultimate Edition enjoyer, not *super* thrilled with the compensation package. When will we learn additional details regarding the creator packs that will be included in/compensated for Ultimate Edition purchasers? Glad Paradox/CO is making things right and hopefully are committed to making this game the best it can be and fulfill it's potential!

• 11Like
Reactions:
You made a GREAT game framework, there are only two problems:
1. It's not finished and has a lot of bugs now, I'm sure you can fix them, but please fix them fast and well
2. Please stop trying to release unprepared updates, for example, this beach DLC, only makes players and fans feel cheated. If you don't have enough time, don't sell it at the wrong high price. I know someone who bought Ultimate and Premium edition had already paid for it so you are in a difficult position, telling the truth is always better than releasing an unqualified product.
Finally, hope you guys can keep at it and get through the current hard situation. CS2 will be the best city-building game ever, don't give up.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Its frustrating to see a potentially great game so far away from completion - But it never should have been sold in the state it is in. Whoever pushed for the game to be publicised and released should be fired. Somebody should be taking the fall for it and held accountable. Then making the apology and a promise of a fresh start. Isnt the beaches dlc issues partially a repeat of the issues with the main game release? same old same old

Ps Radio stations - Meh

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: