• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(548)

Bugzilla Spammer
Dec 17, 2000
members.nbci.com
This is a post for the benefit of all newcommers to the EU community with alot of questions (now that the english versions of EU has been released).

There are currently 3 FAQs in English:

Mine at http://PlayerUniversalis.cjb.net
and
the Editing/Scenario making oriented one at http://www.systemvoid.com/eu

The third one I can sadly no longer recomend since it has not been updated at all since it was concieved some months ago and have quite a few factual errors in it.
If you would like to check it out anyway it's at http://home.hetnet.nl/~copia-fs/

Before asking a question on this forum please check if the answer can be found in any of the FAQs.

Also make shure to take a peak at EU Province which has a lot of usefull tables presented in a much more readable (and pretty =) form then the .csv files in your DB directory. It can be found at:

http://euprovince.cjb.net

The FAQ for the Forum itself is on the top right lilac/violet bar (not the yellow one).

Please don't post in this thread unless it is directly related to the above FAQs (links not working, suggestions for clarifications, etc).

From time to time posts in this thread will be deleted to keep it clean, no offence intended.

TIA

Last edited:
Oustanding!

Thanks a lot. That FAQ was quite helpful. Much of it I have been able to figure out by play, but having that much info in one place is quite definitely A Good Thing. :) I most appreciated the BadBoy section, as I had just suffered the consequences of being the Baddest Boy in Europe playing Austria - having annexed at least 10 minors, & wondering why everyone (except my loyal ally Hungary) was out to get me. Fighting off the endless waves of alliances was getting quite wearisome, although in every war I ended up with another province or even whole nation under my thumb. ;) Well until the government collapsed in 1720, freeing all of my annexed minors. :( Anyway, next time I'll go back to my more typical peaceful approach - fighting off all of Europe gets old after a while.

Great FAQs

Thanks to Oranje and Huszics for two very helpful FAQs. Oranje's is indeed slow as **** but very nicely organized. Huszics' is fast-loading but painfully disorganized, at least on my Netscape 4.x. Huszics, you weren't kidding when you stated that you don't care about how your site displays in Netscape 4.

But I would be truly wretched were I to conclude this message on that note. So once again I say thank you kindly for your helpful FAQs and all your other help to both novice and experienced players alike. Your efforts are truly appreciated.

Best wishes.

Huszics, you weren't kidding when you stated that you don't care about how your site displays in Netscape 4.

Nope, definitly not =).

To me it boils down to either
a) Write correct HTML pages and concentrate on the content
OR
b) Spend countless of hours trying to find ways to fix outdated, tremendusly buggy browsers to show the stuff correctly, effectivly reducing time spent on the content to basicly nothing.

Obviously I've gone with option a. Everything on my pages is 100% correct HTML/CSS2 and (should) show up correctly in ANY standards compliant browser. This means Mozilla and Opera usually get it right (I also make shure that IE 5.5 at least shows the content in some way or the other even if it looks relativly bad/disorganized)

For anyone still running NS4 I can only recommend switching to Mozilla (NS6 alpha/beta) for their main browser. Mail/newsgroups is still a bit shaky though. You won't loose your mails, but sometimes things don't behave as you would expect. You can ofcourse still keep using NS4 for this to be on the safe side, however as a Browser NS4 is dead =)

IE fans that would like to get my pages to look better should turn to MS and ask them to fix their buggy browser ASAP. They say 5.0 and 5.5 is standards compliant but IME they are sadly not even getting basic functions as aligning text and tables to show correctly (which is painfully visable on my site). Hopefully IE 6.0 will be a major improvement.

Last edited:
Re: Need new section

Originally posted by LandBuilder
I think you need a strategy section.

Your correct, I do need a strategy guide. Would you like to help me write it, since I don't have the time to do it myself ?

Thanks guys for great FAQs..
I would be super great if one of you experienced gamers would create a 'How-To' page... I mean all you FAQs are very useful but sometimes a newbie needs a simple direction such as how to board a ship, or how to conquer a hostile territory...
I found these answers in these boards.. but it would be nice if all are systematically organized in one of your sites

Originally posted by soe_zin
Thanks guys for great FAQs..
I would be super great if one of you experienced gamers would create a 'How-To' page... I mean all you FAQs are very useful but sometimes a newbie needs a simple direction such as how to board a ship, or how to conquer a hostile territory...
I found these answers in these boards.. but it would be nice if all are systematically organized in one of your sites

If you or someone else write it, I'll help put it online as HTML =)

level and badboy.........

Hi
what is the difference between the levels in EU?i tested all levels and i saw only differences in the costs of soldiers and in differenc in gold at the beginning of the game.Is that all?
Second,i think you heard that question very often,but where can i find a real complete list of bb?Please dont copy me your threads,i know them all but i didnt find any thread that explain really all for badboy.I read your faq,oranjes faq but no numbers,ony explainings for bb.

... i saw only differences in the costs of soldiers and in differenc in gold at the beginning of the game.Is that all?

Some procentchanses for success is also modified all through the game.

but where can i find a real complete list of bb?

Someone actually have to make one ...
Mine (that you have probably seen already) is the most complete one yet AFAIK.
Mayby you would like to be the first to make a complete one ? =)

hehe

Of course,not playing....testing is my job.i Thought some of the men made badboy can explain this phenomen.Wheres the problem?isnt that a site by paradox made the game?
I dont think they were drunken when they produced the patch with bb and now they cant explain?.
Sometimes my bb is growing up in a way i cant explain,uuaaa then im attacked by all.perhaps in the next patch readme there would be an explaining of bb,perhaps they wouldnt explain because the system of BB changed by the last patches.

Re: Can't get to FAQ page

Originally posted by chauns
I am unable to get to the FAQ page by Huszics
(http://playeruniversalis.cjb.net/). I keep
getting "The page cannot be found" and it refers
me to members.ncbi.com ????

I've been trying for the past few days with the
same results....hrumpfff....

Well, it is working right now for me and yes the pages are currently at members.nbci.com, but that will change in the not to distant future (but the plajeruniversalis.cjb.net adress will still work). The reason for the move is that the NBCi servers tends to get overstraind during the afternoon/eavnings in the US when all americans go to the various homepages of people. All i can say is to try again (perhaps at an odd time of the day).