• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The French are revolting

What are the factors that influence whether a province revolts or not. I'm playing France in my first ever GC and provinces are frequently revolting particularly those on the south and west coasts of France. I've got stability at +3 although I'm in a war with Spain (yet again !) and with a few of the German states.

Coeur de Noir, go to the provinces that keep revolting, click on the church picture, that will take you to a screen that includes a line called revolt risk. Hold the mouse over the revolt risk for 2 seconds and a little pop up box will appear telling you why your provinces are revolting. It will be :-

1) Religion, maybe these states are protestant and you have a bad tolerance to protestant.

2) War Wieryness. If you at war for too long your provinces will start revolting.

3) Stability too low, but you said yours was +3 so its not that

4)Nationalism, when you take over somebody elses provinces they revolt against their new owners for 30 years. Since you say its in France its probably not this.

But since you are posting this in a thread by Huszics, click on his link to his FAQ and you will find answers to all these questions and more.

War, war, war is better than jaw, jaw, jaw

It's probably the wars then as I'm trying to take Italy and Belgium from the Spaniards while at the same time fighting off the highly competent Dutch armies as well as numerous little Germanic states. Now I understand that bad boy thing :D

Heh...the "Bad Boy" topic certainly made my recent troubles as Russia alot clearer:) Thanks for the great FAQ!

Edit: I guess for historical value I am playing my first game of EU as Russia in the grand campaign. I've annexed half of Sweden, all the southern "Golden Horde" provinces, and most of Crimea. All in defensive wars but in the past 20 to 30 years I have faced wave after wave of alliances invading my borders. I think I will pull back a bit and just concentrate on defending myself and infrastructure a bit more for the next century or so:)

Last edited:
I also thank you sincerely for the beginner's FAQ -- most helpful. Is there any way to get a printable version of the Province Pages? I can't seem to get it into a file for viewing offline (of course, I'm not exactly a computer genius, either . . .:confused:

Originally posted by Etymology00
I also thank you sincerely for the beginner's FAQ -- most helpful. Is there any way to get a printable version of the Province Pages? I can't seem to get it into a file for viewing offline (of course, I'm not exactly a computer genius, either . . .:confused:

Go straight to the page:-(click on the link)

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/huszics/eu/prov.html

you can then deal with it as normal. It prints out to 21 pages.

How did I get the link? OK - a quick lesson:

I went to Huszicz Web site and right clicked on the "Land Provinces Table" link. Then I chose "Properties" and the title of the page concerned was shown!
Easy aint it - Now you are a computer genius too.....

Last edited:
Originally posted by Etymology00

Hmm, I didn't really think people would want to print that awfully long list =).

Guess I should update it to have a print version also, just like the FAQ.

I've seen a table with the BB-penalties for a couple of actions, taking provinces, annexing, etc. I think that one should be in the FAQ. Have you seen it? I don't know where I found it, and stupid me didn't copy it. :)

//Lucidor

Huszics - is there any way that you could move the FAQ from cjb.net to a different server? During my last visit to your site I picked up a program from an ad banner that popped up - gator.com - that took about an hour to clean up after... It was something like an... internet wallet? *shrug* I wonder if anyone else had the same problem.

Cheers.

Last edited:
thx to one of you, I have been able to make part of Oranjes faq available again, I uploaded it at:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~spaanszt/c3/OranjesFAQ.doc

Oranje, should you object, please let me know and I will remove it asap. The person giving me this doc tried to contact you in vain to ask it you before I posted this.

as I was the one who gave CP the info, I should make a couple of comments

(1) to Oranje (if you are out there). Thanks for your FAQ. I had only downloaded your info for my personal use, and only sent to CP to publish because the original site is not available.

(2) This is only part of the the original Oranje FAQ. I did not download info that was also in the original Paradox guide, or in Huzsics FAQ site.

I hope it helps other newbies. I found Oranje's and Huzsics' FAQs invaluable for the first few games that I played.