• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sute]{h said:
These are based upon my original events? I actually didn't find it worth it to accept the mass conversions since this will leave the Inca and Aztec Empires with their own culture (and -30% income) rather than converting them to arabic/berber culture. So in my opinion they were balanced. But I don't mind your changes... nice to see that some of my events are put to use in one form or another.

Oh... and I would suggest the Granada gets Berber as their first culture and Arabic as the second. That way their colonies will have Berber culture not Arabic.
I understand abou the culture thing, but i doubt it would matter anyway. I think NA all has different default cultures set as standard so it would be odd having different cultures wouldn't work in the long run. Plus religious conversions or colonies do cost money and those were essentially free.

Jinnai said:
I understand abou the culture thing, but i doubt it would matter anyway. I think NA all has different default cultures set as standard so it would be odd having different cultures wouldn't work in the long run. Plus religious conversions or colonies do cost money and those were essentially free.
They were perhaps are little to generous. Though I didn't pick the conversions myself in my test run. I had the money for conversion so why miss out of the 30% from very rich province... which should perhaps be reduced in population size and tax value if any european gets near the native empire and not only the major colonizers as it is now.

Sute]{h said:
They were perhaps are little to generous. Though I didn't pick the conversions myself in my test run. I had the money for conversion so why miss out of the 30% from very rich province... which should perhaps be reduced in population size and tax value if any european gets near the native empire and not only the major colonizers as it is now.
I think there are events now to lower populations for any european...don't know if its any or just any christian one. Ribbon22 would probably know better.

Also I think once think once the intial events are sent we should see if we can work with more events for Americas and elsewhere and some political intrigue with the OE, espeically if Granada declares itself a Caliphate.

Hey, I remember writing the first version of these events... My only actual contribution to this great project if I recall correctly...*

*Except championing the move of Venice to Mantua in those pre-map editor days, of course...

I think I had a hand in these events at some point, a while back?

At any rate, on the subject of Spain/Portugal moving their capitals to the Americas:

- Do we need a backup capitol command for Portugal? They might not own the first assigned province after all. Then again, I think that the default in that case is that (if a nation secedes its capitol) the capitol is assigned to the lowest number province owned. So, as long as the Brizillian provinces get lower numbers than other likely Portugese posessions, we should be OK.

- I don't think Spain should ever move its capitol to the Americas. The colonial relationship between Spain and its colonies does not make that plausible enough even for fantasy purposes. Just move the Spanish capitol to somewhere on the northern coast (a region that the muslims held for an extremely brief period or not at all) and leave it at that.

doktarr said:
Do we need a backup capitol command for Portugal? They might not own the first assigned province after all. Then again, I think that the default in that case is that (if a nation secedes its capitol) the capitol is assigned to the lowest number province owned. So, as long as the Brizillian provinces get lower numbers than other likely Portugese posessions, we should be OK.
Are they? I can look, but not ATM.
doktarr said:
- I don't think Spain should ever move its capitol to the Americas. The colonial relationship between Spain and its colonies does not make that plausible enough even for fantasy purposes. Just move the Spanish capitol to somewhere on the northern coast (a region that the muslims held for an extremely brief period or not at all) and leave it at that.
Well, again this is not about history much here. Its about making sure we don't give Granada an instant colonial empire. The only other way is for someone else to inherit and secede the mentioned province to Granada.

Portugal at this time would be destroyed, Navarra would probably be too small, if it still existed, to warrant an inheritance.

crash63 said:
Portugal's capital can be in Acores and Castilla in Canarias ?
Portugal would likely move itself to Brazil rather than the Acores, if it had the chance. For one, it would be much safer now. Moving a capital multiple times is not something countries like to do by this era. For the other, once they've discovered Brazil, it became the most profitable area.

For Castile/Spain, its the same thing, though, as mentioned, they weren't as attached.

In either case, it doesn't solve the instant colonial empire and if things go according to plan, those will be uncolonized in 1419 giving a small chance they never will be.

Question: I'm playing the WatK version with AGCEEP partialy adapted to it (from this thread. (although only version 0.3b).

As far as I can read it's messed up event files ( :p ) Granada has no resurgency events in this mod. Problem beeing... I wanna resurge my Granada! :mad:

So questions are -
1 - to adapt this pack, do I need to just change the provinces to the WatK ones?

2 - I am authorized?

Hum... but in that check "yes" in the options area right?

I'm not sure I understand the question. A separate scenario is not a regular option of AGCEEP. You have to install it. See instructions in Readme of the Granada RAR archive provided on the website.

This separate scenario is not compatible with WATK.