• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
I read carefully post #31. Does Castile's capital location need to be "fixed"?

With all posts since #31, what needs to be done now for these events to work?

unmerged(29041)

Amnistiado por viejuno
May 12, 2004
YodaMaster said:
I read carefully post #31. Does Castile's capital location need to be "fixed"?
Let's not start this issue again please. The EU2 concept of capital does not apply to Medieval Spain, where the king ruled from the place he was staying that night. Jinnai believes that he knows where the capital of Castile was, in that he has an advantage over Spanish historians that don't seem to agree on the issue, as they apply different criteria. Valladolid, Burgos and Toledo are all candidate cities to the capital title. Valladolid was the place were the Cortes (parliaments) were held more often, but not the only one by far. Burgos was more official as was designated by one king and never changed, but it was less important. Toledo was the Episcopal capital. The Kings travelled with their court all over the country and ruled from the place they were. In th etimes of the Catholic Kings, Sevilla and Granada joined the list.

Bordic

Magister Militum
4 Badges
May 29, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Deus Vult
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
Fodoron said:
Let's not start this issue again please. The EU2 concept of capital does not apply to Medieval Spain, where the king ruled from the place he was staying that night. Jinnai believes that he knows where the capital of Castile was, in that he has an advantage over Spanish historians that don't seem to agree on the issue, as they apply different criteria. Valladolid, Burgos and Toledo are all candidate cities to the capital title. Valladolid was the place were the Cortes (parliaments) were held more often, but not the only one by far. Burgos was more official as was designated by one king and never changed, but it was less important. Toledo was the Episcopal capital. The Kings travelled with their court all over the country and ruled from the place they were. In th etimes of the Catholic Kings, Sevilla and Granada joined the list.
That is also a reason why I made El Escorial event! :cool:

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
Fodoron said:
Let's not start this issue again please.
I don't start this again. I just want to know if Fantasy Resurgent Granada events are fine or not.
Thanks for the explanation, it's clear for me now => Castile's "capital" remains in Toledo for ingame purpose, right?

Sute]{h

Field Marshal
86 Badges
Jun 25, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
Jinnai said:
I did not include all the cot change events nor the mass conversions. One event for a CoT is enough and the mass conversions stuff i never liked besides, pagans are easy to convert.

I did rebalance stuff. Some of it was obviously way to unbalanced for AGCEEP standards.
These are based upon my original events? I actually didn't find it worth it to accept the mass conversions since this will leave the Inca and Aztec Empires with their own culture (and -30% income) rather than converting them to arabic/berber culture. So in my opinion they were balanced. But I don't mind your changes... nice to see that some of my events are put to use in one form or another.

Oh... and I would suggest the Granada gets Berber as their first culture and Arabic as the second. That way their colonies will have Berber culture not Arabic.

Last edited:

unmerged(2456)

Pure Evil Genius
Mar 29, 2001
www.hero6.com
Sute]{h said:
These are based upon my original events? I actually didn't find it worth it to accept the mass conversions since this will leave the Inca and Aztec Empires with their own culture (and -30% income) rather than converting them to arabic/berber culture. So in my opinion they were balanced. But I don't mind your changes... nice to see that some of my events are put to use in one form or another.

Oh... and I would suggest the Granada gets Berber as their first culture and Arabic as the second. That way their colonies will have Berber culture not Arabic.
I understand abou the culture thing, but i doubt it would matter anyway. I think NA all has different default cultures set as standard so it would be odd having different cultures wouldn't work in the long run. Plus religious conversions or colonies do cost money and those were essentially free.

Sute]{h

Field Marshal
86 Badges
Jun 25, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
Jinnai said:
I understand abou the culture thing, but i doubt it would matter anyway. I think NA all has different default cultures set as standard so it would be odd having different cultures wouldn't work in the long run. Plus religious conversions or colonies do cost money and those were essentially free.
They were perhaps are little to generous. Though I didn't pick the conversions myself in my test run. I had the money for conversion so why miss out of the 30% from very rich province... which should perhaps be reduced in population size and tax value if any european gets near the native empire and not only the major colonizers as it is now.

unmerged(2456)

Pure Evil Genius
Mar 29, 2001
www.hero6.com
Sute]{h said:
They were perhaps are little to generous. Though I didn't pick the conversions myself in my test run. I had the money for conversion so why miss out of the 30% from very rich province... which should perhaps be reduced in population size and tax value if any european gets near the native empire and not only the major colonizers as it is now.
I think there are events now to lower populations for any european...don't know if its any or just any christian one. Ribbon22 would probably know better.

Also I think once think once the intial events are sent we should see if we can work with more events for Americas and elsewhere and some political intrigue with the OE, espeically if Granada declares itself a Caliphate.

unmerged(2456)

Pure Evil Genius
Mar 29, 2001
www.hero6.com

unmerged(12680)

I'm Lazy.
Dec 12, 2002
Visit site
Hey, I remember writing the first version of these events... My only actual contribution to this great project if I recall correctly...*

*Except championing the move of Venice to Mantua in those pre-map editor days, of course...

doktarr

Wet Blanket
16 Badges
Aug 3, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
I think I had a hand in these events at some point, a while back?

At any rate, on the subject of Spain/Portugal moving their capitals to the Americas:

- Do we need a backup capitol command for Portugal? They might not own the first assigned province after all. Then again, I think that the default in that case is that (if a nation secedes its capitol) the capitol is assigned to the lowest number province owned. So, as long as the Brizillian provinces get lower numbers than other likely Portugese posessions, we should be OK.

- I don't think Spain should ever move its capitol to the Americas. The colonial relationship between Spain and its colonies does not make that plausible enough even for fantasy purposes. Just move the Spanish capitol to somewhere on the northern coast (a region that the muslims held for an extremely brief period or not at all) and leave it at that.

unmerged(2456)

Pure Evil Genius
Mar 29, 2001
www.hero6.com
doktarr said:
Do we need a backup capitol command for Portugal? They might not own the first assigned province after all. Then again, I think that the default in that case is that (if a nation secedes its capitol) the capitol is assigned to the lowest number province owned. So, as long as the Brizillian provinces get lower numbers than other likely Portugese posessions, we should be OK.
Are they? I can look, but not ATM.
doktarr said:
- I don't think Spain should ever move its capitol to the Americas. The colonial relationship between Spain and its colonies does not make that plausible enough even for fantasy purposes. Just move the Spanish capitol to somewhere on the northern coast (a region that the muslims held for an extremely brief period or not at all) and leave it at that.
Well, again this is not about history much here. Its about making sure we don't give Granada an instant colonial empire. The only other way is for someone else to inherit and secede the mentioned province to Granada.

Portugal at this time would be destroyed, Navarra would probably be too small, if it still existed, to warrant an inheritance.

unmerged(2456)

Pure Evil Genius
Mar 29, 2001
www.hero6.com
crash63 said:
Portugal's capital can be in Acores and Castilla in Canarias ?
Portugal would likely move itself to Brazil rather than the Acores, if it had the chance. For one, it would be much safer now. Moving a capital multiple times is not something countries like to do by this era. For the other, once they've discovered Brazil, it became the most profitable area.

For Castile/Spain, its the same thing, though, as mentioned, they weren't as attached.

In either case, it doesn't solve the instant colonial empire and if things go according to plan, those will be uncolonized in 1419 giving a small chance they never will be.

unmerged(54425)

Sergeant
Mar 1, 2006
Good job everybody, I hope these will be included in AGCEEP as soon as possible. I like more events. "Real" or fantasy.