• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Many congrats Butterfly. Always a pleasure to have about

• 1Like
Reactions:
Apparently, once again I've been flummoxed by the Paradox board and had not received notifications! Congrats to @TheButterflyComposer for his nod!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
It appears I have managed to sneak in before his week is up, congratulations @TheButterflyComposer .

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats @TheButterflyComposer ! Also, thanks @Midnite Duke for the shoutout! I really appreciate your comments and feedback!
Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer !
Very well deserved. :)
Double Hup and an Ura, @TheButterflyComposer
Many congrats Butterfly. Always a pleasure to have about
Apparently, once again I've been flummoxed by the Paradox board and had not received notifications! Congrats to @TheButterflyComposer for his nod!
Same here - the notifications have fallen off the proverbial cliff.

Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer - extremely well deserved
It appears I have managed to sneak in before his week is up, congratulations @TheButterflyComposer .

Thanke God For All.

Now then...recommendations and awards. Always a tricky thing in both cases. Let's see...

Well, I must recommend A Royal Prerogative, not merely for being excellent and consistent, but also because (for whatever reason) it attracts community and AAR prompts like flies. It's also one of the few 'standard' HOI4 AARs currently updated, given the rest are mostly mega campaigns (an achievement in themselves), Kaiserriech set, vampires or mad (incidentally, my own Imperial Cheese: The Improbably Incredible Rise of the Italian Empire, is against all odds still being updated).

Speaking of vampires, Thorn of the Rose is still good, and stnylan has been spotted poking around the forums again recently. A good time to catch up on possibly the most esoteric use of HOI4.

What else...CK2 is still plugging away at inspiring AARs. It's even finally managed to ensnare El Pip (through afore mentioned Royal Prerogative madness prompts) to produce...this. The King's First Minister, a bastard prequel to a venerable HOI2 AAR.

We also have Empire of the Bear, the always good after the end mod AAR for people who look at CK2 and wish the US was in it. Unlike many other CK2 AARs, mine included, there is actually some failure and give and take in this history book AAR, which is always nice to see.

Let's see... Vicky 2 continues to be well represented by Echoes of a New Tomorrow, and For All We Have and Are. One is a syndicalist britian and one is a federalist Empire, but together they'll be keeping that subsection going until Vicky3 disappoints us all.

Annuntio Vobis meanwhile continues to power through week after week of crisis for the papacy in the 19th century (most of which is of their own doing).

God Willing and the Creek Do Rise is my only EU4 recommendation aside from my usual fare, given that it is a Coz1 production and a very interesting look into how the Creek fight back against the invading colonialists (so far, with surprising amounts of success, but big bad Canada looms ever northwards).

Finally, for HOI3, we have A Gentleman's War, updated at a frankly barbaric rate of occasionally more than once daily. If you ever wanted to see a favoured comedic British character of the past century or so placed into a WW2 setting, this AAR will redivine the old adage of be careful what you wish for.

I suppose also a small plug for Guess the Author would not go amiss, as a new round of guessing is due to start...today sometime as currently posted. It's not necessarily easy to do, but the contributions from crack expert AAR writers tend to be both endearingly mad and occasionally deliberately trying to drive you insane.

Oh, and if you aren't already doing so, please have a look at author inkwells. We cannot fit everything in the signature boxes due to forum rules, and that's really the place to go to find stories from way back or just finished stories from old favourites.

Do enjoy it.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Right, now onto the next award. June and July are always difficult months to award for because of the 6 month Amnesty...but in my case, I usually end up looking through the lists and going 'hang on, they haven't won in how long?'

That being said, @DensleyBlair really should win this more often, especially given their current running and contributions to the afore mentioned Guess the Author, their stellar work in revitalising all kinds of AARland tat and newsletters, their AAR work itself and constantly commentating everywhere and anywhere with their thoughts.

A good egg, And, most recently apparently, 'The Welsh Jack Grealish'.

Well done, and happy reading everyone!

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Yes - excellent choice and a fitting award for someone who appears to read and comment on everything out there. Very well done @DensleyBlair

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like