• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Afternoon!

After much late night reading, I give blklizard Fan of the Week due to being prolific and helpful throughout the AAR section, as well as keeping up an interesting story (and a forum alive) in Towards the Present We Go.

Thank you so much, Dayni. I wouldn't say I've been helpful but I do thoroughly enjoy the AARs I follow. They are great reads and I get inspirations so everyone wins. :)

Congrats blklizard!

Very well deserved blklizard! Your support isalways constructive and supportive

Thank you, everyone! A week has passed so it's time for me to select a candidate worthy of this award. Before we do so, I'd like to share a few AARs I'm following, though I admit that I haven't been following that many right now.

First, we will start off with the EU4 AARs. This is where I've been spending most of my time. The first two AARs I'd recommend belong to the same author. Around the World: A Tag Swap AAR has been a great read where the author plays a variety of nations. I wanted to recommend this because it's coming to a close and it would be a good idea to catch the finale. Neapolitan Nightmare - A Naples Always War AAR is a fairly new AAR where we are getting into a more narrative style. This AAR has been shaping up into the battle of the Archangels and possibly leading up to the final battle between God and Satan. Another recommendation I have is the Shadows of Carpathia- A CK2 to EU4 Wallachian AAR. This story began with a CK2 developing into a very interesting start once converted to EU4. Surrounded by powerful neighbors, Carpathia has many challenges she must face before she could be the undisputed power in the region. The final EU4 recommendation is the Merchant Kings of Aragon - An EUIV and MEIOU & Taxes AAR. First, this AAR uses the MEIOU and Taxes mod which hasn't been very popular in the AAR section of the forums so it's quite the treat. This has been one of the best history book AARs I've read so check it out to see for yourself.

The next AAR is part of the CK2 where I have been visiting much less nowadays. This AAR, [HIP - Old Gods -Norway] - The Karlinga Saga ,might have been on a hiatus at the moment but it still is worthwhile to check out. As the name suggests, this is written in the style of sagas so, if more support is shown, we might convince the author to update more often. Finally, we head to the HOI3 section. The AAR, The Vanguard of the World 's Destruction - A Nationalist China-Japan Coop AAR, simulates an alternative scenario where Nationalist China and Japan work together to take on the entire world. The two nations, played by human players, have more of less dealt with Asia and just commenced their early stages for the invasion of North America. Tag along to see how these two players will fare against the Americans and, later, against the victor at the European stage where the Axis and Comintern are fighting it out.

Now, I wish to nominate DensleyBlair for the next Fan of the Week! Very active in the forum and recently selected to host the next ACAs.

Reactions:
Congrats @DensleyBlair, out of all people, you most definitely deserve this award for your service in hosting the next ACA's!

Congratulations @DensleyBlair ! A well deserved fifth nomination!

You know, it's so much easier to post in this thread when I'm the one doing the congratulating. :p

blklizard, you have my sincerest thanks and gratitude. Honestly, I hadn't expected that I'd reach the five-time milestone any time soon, what with my commenting obligations really having suffered in the past few months thanks to exams and all the rest, but it is a great honour to have reached it. When one looks at who's been nominated five times in the past, it makes for some impressive reading; I'll have to do my best to live up to the mantle.

As blklizard kindly notes, even if my commenting hasn't been as prolific as in times past lately, I'm still finding ways I can help out around here. Most recently, this has assumed the form of directing the ACAs for the foreseeable future. Now, I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I let this opportunity for promotion simply slip by, therefore: if you fancy supporting of your favourite, why not go and give them a vote? The thread can be found here.

Again, you all have my deepest thanks for your well-wishes and congratulations. It's an honour, truly.

I'll be back on Sunday with a successor – and some things for your reading lists, naturally.

Who has the most nominations? Is it you?
Enewald has 7 IIRC. I have a mere 5 and is but a tiny mortal in his world.:p

Congratulations, Densley!