• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(Wait, there's non-teenagers on this site?)

...what, you mean like...me?

(Oh, yeah.):confused:
:D To Kelebek's Mini-Me (I mean honourable and learned brother :)): some of us left teenagerhood behind forty years ago :( - in body, if not in mind! ;)

There are dozens of us! Dozens!
Indeed there are. And we know more than the younger sort any day. :D

And we know that this is deserved! Always. Congrats! :)

(PS - Just now 46 here. I like to think a young 46. ;) )

(Wait, there's non-teenagers on this site?)
There has always been a mature edge to the Paradox playerbase, and also to this little corner of the forums. Some of us forumites are like a good wine - we age well (or leastways, so I hope :D) But there is quite a range. We've had pensioners, but we have also had an AAR from someone in single figures (posted by the father).

There has always been a mature edge to the Paradox playerbase, and also to this little corner of the forums. Some of us forumites are like a good wine - we age well (or leastways, so I hope :D) But there is quite a range. We've had pensioners, but we have also had an AAR from someone in single figures (posted by the father).

I hope that father got Fan of the Week or some other kind of recognition for helping his kid out like that.

I hope that father got Fan of the Week or some other kind of recognition for helping his kid out like that.
Oh he was a quite well known writAAR back in the day. Alas the chap behind it is no longer active - his account is unmerged even - but here is the AAR in question for anyone interested.

I've actually read this one before. Would recommend, if only for novelty...but its actually quite interesting to read as well.

And if you all want to feel really old, I'm actually younger than that kid.

And my brother was...what? 5 in 2004?

(Yeah. The responce about age makes me think of a mature reading and chess club rather than an internet forum though. Not that this is a bad thing. And who told you you could type today?)

we can never be sure who's TBC anymore. which one's the brother? does the brother even existed? has TBC as we knew him.her.it ever existed? nothing means anything anymore.

who's this one now?

I am not teenager anyway because I am 21 years old but I thinks more mature and more profound as I am more older than my age. AARland is like a high class English gentleman's club in which always same noble and intellectual members posting and commenting

AARland is like a high class English gentleman's club in which always same noble and intellectual members posting and commenting
I wonder whether that applies to me too cause I have a feeling I always need to make a bad joke or a not so serious reply in AARs - I'll take it as a compliment nonetheless :p. But it is true, AARland is a wonderful place.

Ok, recommendations. This time I've been reading lots of new-ish Vicky II and EUIV stuff, which doesn't happen as often as ckii and HOI. We've got:

Bleu, Blanc et Rouge, a just beginning French game in a history book style (my favourite). Thus far the inevitable German advance has been blunted and Belgium becomes a Great Power (albeit briefly). This is the first AAR of @slothinator so have a look, and be nice.
The Age of Brass, a Spanish game that isn't quite history book but certainly has a lot of political intrigue between the Crown, the Cortes and the ever-unruly Carlists. Spain tries to become a Great Power again in the Americas, only to find that Great Britain had the exact same idea... It's a @RossN production so quality is naturally high.
Civilization and Barbarism, an Argentinian game where Argentina decides to take over the world. And then figures out that taking over South America might be more manageable. History book again, and this is @Dieskrad first AAR, so some love would be appreciate, I'm sure.

Aside from that, we have the more...weird and wonderful AARs that people may appreciate.

Against the Great Animal Calamity, yeah...someone took a look at the animal kingdom option for CKII shattered realms and decided to mega campaign that stuff. And it's mildly interactive too, so if you're looking for a project as well as an insane premise, here you go. Highlights so far...I mean, almost everything. We're giving military advice that sounds like:

'So if I have the situation right, we're surrounded by Hedgehogs'
and
'Europe is mostly ruled by small bear states, and Great Britain is the domain of the Elephant.'

Not to mention what happens when animals 'brainwash' each other into thinking that they are different species. Like the syphilis infested puppy called Hedgehog. And the Dragon-King Wiggles, who was adopted by Hedgehogs. And likes to eat them. Which makes him a 'cannibal'.

It's just nuts. @alscon really knew a good idea when they had one.

Pax Americana, the nightmare of all classical European lovers. What if the US sprang into existence two centuries early due to insane English kings investing everything into colonising the continent, then gifting them the entire treasury? What if this US then expanded to its current size within a hundred years? What if then it decided to enforce a global peace by guaranteeing every single great power in the world (and everyone else too, perhaps)? I have absolutely no idea whether this will work or not, and neither does @mackwolfe , but even if it doesn't it is a fascinating read into how the trade and colonial mechanics work, and really trippy to see the US screwing around Europe so much that in the early 1700s Norway is their vassal being slowly fed England, South America, Africa and most of the rest of the world.

Onto the nomination for the next Fan of the Week. In the past I've spoken of my enjoyment of @silentsam5 megacamapign From England to America. Now it's in Space and going as strong as ever. However, the last two parts would not have been so great if not for the concerted roleplay and worldbuilding of our next winner,

@zenphoenix

Congrats to this constant commentator and writer!

Congrats @zenphoenix - with a recommendation like that from TBC it must be well deserved. :)