• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose I should take this opportunity to say Remain Indoors.

I suppose I should take this opportunity to say Remain Indoors.
Don't think about The Event.
DYAEiOu.gif

Many congrats, TBC!

@TheButterflyComposer - time to pass this along.

Quite right.

Thank you all for the award, yet again. It is nice to be back on Kurt_Steiner's level.

Unfortunately I am singularly ill placed to grant this award to a fan, because I've once again failed to write anything. However, generally speaking I prefer to award people who haven't had it either in a long time or ever, which actually encompasses a surprising amount of regular commentators (and perhaps I might gently direct future recipients to the list at the bottom of the first post of this thread that shows how many times someone got awarded this. It would be nice to see more fans be recognised).

I would have liked I think to award @Asantahene this award given his longawated return and knowledge of how good a reader and commenter he is. However, because it is a recent return, I feel we should probably reward someone who so far as I can tell has never gotten this award but seems to be both a regular across the entire board as a commentator, and finds time to be a fine writer as well. So without further ado, with many congratulations:

The next fan of the week is @Le Jones

Congratulations!

Very many congratulations

Congratulations indeed @Le Jones it is baffling you have gone so long without collecting this richly deserved award and it is to @TheButterflyComposer 's credit that he has corrected this egregious oversight.
Z3wSg01.gif

Congratulations indeed @Le Jones it is baffling you have gone so long without collecting this richly deserved award and it is to @TheButterflyComposer 's credit that he has corrected this egregious oversight.
Z3wSg01.gif

My thinking is that since we're all stuck inside anyway we should probably go through the commenters and trawl put everyone who hasn't gotten this award but deffiently should have done. Otherwise the super regular commenters who are talking even more at the moment will swamp everyone (and looking at that bottom list where we regularly win twice a year, clearly some diversity wouldn't go amiss).

I feel we should probably reward someone who so far as I can tell has never gotten this award but seems to be both a regular across the entire board as a commentator, and finds time to be a fine writer as well. So without further ado, with many congratulations:

The next fan of the week is @Le Jones

Well thank you, an incredibly kind nomination, one I probably don't deserve, but you're very kind.

Congratulations @Le Jones !

Thank you!

Congratulations!

Thank you, Sir!

Thanks!

Very many congratulations

Thanks!

Z3wSg01.gif

It's not that baffling - I am an incredibly erratic commentatAAR so probably didn't come to mind when considering a nominee...

Well done @TheButterflyComposer and congratulations to @Le Jones :)

Thank you, Sir! I fear, quoting YPM, that this was a "courageous" decision, but as the beneficiary I'm very pleased.

My thinking is that since we're all stuck inside anyway we should probably go through the commenters and trawl put everyone who hasn't gotten this award but deffiently should have done. Otherwise the super regular commenters who are talking even more at the moment will swamp everyone (and looking at that bottom list where we regularly win twice a year, clearly some diversity wouldn't go amiss).

That would be good - it would "share the love" a bit...

congratulations @Le Jones for the deserved award, and thanks @TheButterflyComposer for finding this for the community :)

Thank you!

Thank you, Sir! I fear, quoting YPM, that this was a "courageous" decision, but as the beneficiary I'm very pleased.

On these boards I am known for my insanity so therefore fairly bulletproof. Hopefully we shall have some more interesting candidates over the next few weeks but who knows? Actually it sort of has to happen anyway since most of the big readers got nominated in January...

And his AARs are great too. The Kings First Minister especially is worth a read if you
A) like HOI2 AARs
Or
B) hate the HOI2 community and want to see them suffer through a Halifax premiership.