• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Get your eyes readin'
Head out on the AARland
Looking for adventure
In @Eludio's comments

Yeah, darlin' gonna make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your congrat's at once
And explode into space

I like aars and commentin'
Heavy metal thunder
Reading with the wind
And the feeling that I'm under

Like a true commentAAR
Eludio
was born
Born to be fan
We can climb so high
I wanna congratulate

Born to be fan
Born to be fan [*]

[*] Appropriated butchered from Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf of the album with the same name (1968). Reading with the instrumental version is recommended for a better experience.

Last edited:
  • 3Haha
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I’d be afraid of the accusations of quid-pro-quo, but I’ll risk it. And thus, I nominate @RustyHunter as my successor for Fan of the Week! Given that he nominated me while the award lay vacant, I hope this does not violate any rules, because he deserves it!

Not only for being a great WritAAR, an awesome commentatAAR and an overall fun person to chat with, but for sympathising with me about you forumites putting several subreddits to shame by guessing my plot points before I write them. And, at the end of the day, what more can you wish for?

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
An excellent choice and well deserved, congratulations @RustyHunter

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I’d be afraid of the accusations of quid-pro-quo, but I’ll risk it.
Your check is in the mail ;) Our arrangement has worked out quite nicely

Not only for being a great WritAAR, an awesome commentatAAR and an overall fun person to chat with, but for sympathising with me about you forumites putting several subreddits to shame by guessing my plot points before I write them. And, at the end of the day, what more can you wish for?
Thank you for the kind words, and I've really enjoyed reading your and many other works.

Thanks to @DensleyBlair , @Midnite Duke , @Cora Giantkiller , @diskoerekto , @Bullfilter , @El Pip ,@Idhrendur ! I appreciate your support very much. I'll now bask in my glory until it comes time to pass this thing along.

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Cool.

It’s @RustyHunter
who writes
, and writes
Who writes
through the AARland's backsides
Who sees the stars come out of the sky
Yeah, they're bright in a hollow sky
You know it looks so good tonight

It’s RustyHunter
Chosen as the fan
Who looks
through the monitor so bright
Who sees the stars come out tonight
Who sees the bright and hollow sky
Over the AARland's ripped back sky
And everything looks good tonight

Singin' la la - la la - la la-la laaaa
La la - la la - la la-la laaaa
La la - la la - la la-la laaaa
La-la - laa

Get on the keyboard
We'll be the applauder
We'll write through the AARland tonight
See the AARland's ripped backsides
We'll see the bright and hollow sky
We'll see the stars that shine so bright
Oh, stars made for us tonight

Oh, RustyHunter
How, how the fan writes
Oh, RustyHunter
Who writes
and writes
Who looks
through the monitor
What does the fan see?
The fan sees the silent hollow sky
The fan sees the stars come out tonight
The fan sees the AARland's ripped backsides
The fan sees the winding comments
And everything was made for readAARs and writAARs
All of it was made for readAARs and writAARs
'Cause it just belongs to readAARs and writAARs
So let's congratulate and see what's ours

Singin' la la - la la - la la-la laaaa
La la -
la la - la la-la laaaa
La la -
la la - la la-la laaaa
La-la - laa
[*]

[*] Appropriated from The Passenger of the album Lust for Life by Iggy Pop (1977).

Edit: Corrected style-font mistakes.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks @filcat and @Eurasia ! Also a belated thanks to @Nikolai , I somehow missed you.

Before I pass this thing on, I'd like to recommend a few of the AARs I've been reading lately. I don't have time to go into all the excellent works on these forums, so I'll content myself with sharing those I think are under read or new.

For HOI4:

I've really been enjoying @ThaHoward 's The Permanent Revolution Lives On! Trotskyist AAR since I've learned a ton about the early years of the Soviet Union. Even better, the alt-history is starting, and I'll be curious to see how/if Trotsky can make a come back, plus how that changes WWII.

@Hanokh just finished a very interesting story set in the 1930s but with sci-fi elements, called DYEUS. It is one of the best written stories I've seen on these forums, and the characters are really compelling. I highly recommend checking it out.

Finally, @jak7139 has just started his second AAR, Boris and Brian - A Bulgaria Road to 56 AAR. It's an underplayed country IMO, and the first chapter was very well done. It looks to be fairly character oriented, and I'm already curious where the story is going.

For CK2:

I just saw @A Yorks 's God's Kingdom - Tales of the Nascent Jerusalem, and it looks very promising. The characters are already drawing me in, and I look forward to how they'll develop further.

For Vic 2:

I've been reading @Zeogludon 's En la sombra de Morazán: A Central American AAR, and I've been learning a lot about Central America's history. It's very well researched and written, and I'd encourage everyone to check it out.

There are many more AARs I'd love to highlight, but I have to get off my soapbox somewhat soon. To those I didn't mention but have been reading, just know your AARs are great too! (Also, everyone should check out the long-running AARs in the HOI3 forum)

Now for why everyone's actually here, the next Fan! I've chosen @nuclearslurpee for this week! Thanks for your enthusiastic comments on people's AARs, sharing your knowledge, and being a fun person to talk to. You might have ducked out for a bit, but your return was noted and very welcome. Join me in congratulating our latest Fan of the Week!

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
An excellent choice, congratulations indeed @nuclearslurpee . Of all the many radioactive frozen beverages you are certainly the most skilled and generous at commenting on AARs.
DYAEiOu.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: