• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Stuyvesant! Always good to see your name at the top of the Fan list, but never a surprise! ;)

Renss

Very well deserved indeed- I'd likely have abandoned many AARs sooner if it wasn't for Stuyvesant's persistent comments when nobody else said a word :p.

Congratz Stuy! How many times does that make it that you've had this award now?

Congratulations Stuyvesant, always well-deserved!

Has it been a week already? It feels like it's only been a day or two... Thanks again for all the well-wishes, I greatly appreciate all of them. Before I give up my award, let me quickly use my soapbox to remind people that there are so many great AARs out there: go forth, read, and don't forget to comment! I've been on a CK II kick lately, in particular enjoying two chronicle-style AARs, Stuckenschmidt's Wessex and the History of the British Isles - A Wessex AAR and Nikolai's Norgesveldet - A history of the Norwegian kings.

Outside of Crusader Kings, I'm enjoying Tanzhang's* So Close to God - An Empire of Mexico PDM AAR. And there is so much more out there, from the first Vicky to EU IV (I'm kinda out of HOI3 right now - any easy-to-pick-up-on recommendations, anyone?). Oh yeah, if you'll indulge one more excursion over to the medieval side of things: I'm waiting for Tufto to update his The Iron Horde: A Kirghiz Narrative AAR. So, when can we expect to hear more about the scheming Ipekel, eh? ;)

Well, this is starting to drag on, so it's high time to pass on this award to the next deserving fan.

I see he's earned this award before a few months ago, but I've been really impressed with blklizard's output. And that was before I checked on his recent posts and noticed that he is very active with at least two simultaneous AARs.

So without further ado: congratulations, blklizard! I wish you continued success with your AARs and hope that you'll grace the forums with your presence for a long time to come!

*Sorry, T, I know your forum nick includes those characters, but I have no clue how to reproduce Chinese, so the alphabetic version will have to do.**
** Of course, I could've copy-pasted it, I just realized. D'oh...

Thank you, Stuyvesant!

I will admit that I haven't been as active as I wanted to be lately. I'm kinda torn between reading other people's AAR and updating my own. Both are so much fun in their own ways.

Thank you once again and I'll make sure to pick a deserving fan next week.

Congratulations!

Congrats blklizard!

Couldn't be more deserved! A really supportive reader (and writer!). Congrats Blklizard!

Thank you, everyone! I know I'm a day early but my schedule for tomorrow is rather unpredictable. So, I'll be passing this award today.

Before I do that, I guess I should share a few AARs I've been reading so far. Considering that Stuyvesant had been focusing on the CK 2 section, I thought I should do other sections. First, I highly recommend to those that love history book style to read Lords of France II: Politics After Revolution. The AAR is very well written and, currently, it's fairly early in its development so you can basically follow from the start. Secondly, I'd recommend, from Vic 2, "Up to the Euphrates and Tigris" - An Egypt AAR . This AAR is a gameplay/history style where a "backward" nation tries to accomplish some ambitious goals. Third, we have the HOI 3 AAR, The Vanguard of the World's Destruction. - A Nationalist China-Japan Coop AAR. Coop games are always fun and, here, we have China and Japan joined forces to take on the world. Both are exceptionally players and writers so you can be sure to have a blast reading the AAR.

Now's the time for me to pass the award. I've had a few candidates in mind but I picked the one that hasn't won this award yet. I will also admit that this might be rather selfish on my part. This candidate is Michaelangelo‎.

I don't think Michaelangelo‎ follows a ton of AARs but I do know he is quite active in a few sections of the forum. My decision is based on him investing some time in the EU3 section. As most of you know, the EU3 AAR section has more or less been abandoned. So, it takes commitment for a person to go to a dead section of the forum to comment.

Congratulations, Michaelangelo‎!

Very well deserved! Congratulations, Michaelangelo!

Oh wow, I never thought I'd be winning an award here. Thanks Blklizard and to everyone else. Blklizard is probably right in that I don't read enough AARs, but at least I always make sure to comment on every update of the ones I do. It means a lot to be nominated for this award. It's like a validation that comments truly mean something, and as a writer I can say they certainly do mean a lot to me at least. I certainly will continue commenting on great AARs throughout the Paradox forums. I guess this should encourage me to read more then. :) Now comes the difficult task of scouring the forums for a worthy successor, preferably a grey eminence with the genius trait. :p