• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks again, guys! I shall choose a successor tomorrow.

Gah, sorry for being a day late.

Picking a new fan of the week was tough, but I think I shall choose Nikolai to be the first nominee of the year. Like me, he supports a wide range of AARs. Congratulations!

*blush*
Thanks, blitz! :)

Congratulations Nik!

Thanks again all! :)

Well, it's Sunday here(00.30, so yes it's Sunday) and time to pass this awAARd on. As is customary, I'd like to highlight some of the AARs I'm enjoying at the moment. Time and space will not permit me to highlight them all, so sorry to all the great writAARs out there who I really should have mentioned, but will now fail to do.:p

A story I've been following since its inception half a year ago, is Revan86's grand tale about the Norse in England, Bloodsnake and the Battlewolf. Filled with Norse words (and a for those of us who are not Scandinavian like me quite necessary glossary!) and a deep atmosphere, Revan has vowen a tale well worth the read. It's a narrative, a genre I don't like as well as history book AARs, but it is my experience that the really great AARs often are narratives, it's just so hard to do well most end up mediocre in my book. When done right though... You get tales like good, old Rome AARisen and the current Bloodsnake and Battlewolf. And by the way, Revan has promised a continuation AAR once his Norse religion is shed in a couple generations. I look forward to it a lot!

Over in the Vicky 2 department, Hethran has given us the interesting and impressive tale of how he takes China into the modern world, in his The Middle Kingdom - A Sinocentric China AAR. I can tell you, his China is not afraid to take on the big guys and do well! Modernizing China is difficult, and he did it quite fast to boot! He also recently incorporated a piece of history given by a fan in an impressive way.:)

Over in the Kaiserreich/Darkest Hour department, I will recommend you Skywalker_T-65's United No Longer - KR Confederation of the Great Lakes, a country I don't think I've ever seen done before. I don't generally like interactive AARs, but here he takes a regular interesting and well written history book AAR and includes short votes on the choices of key events, and it works well!:)

Then we have my good friend Ben Kenobi's Vicky 1 (yes, ONE!) AAR Deo Vindice - A CSAAR. I may have mentioned this one my last win, but I'm not sure, so I throw it in.:) It's a funny AAR about the Confederate try on WC, with the Dukes of Hazard, James Bond, Queen Victoria, Doc Brown, MrT and countless other historical and pop cultural figures thrown in all around. For those who know their history, the comedy is littered with real historical events, and if you fail to find them, it's still a great read.:)

There is a load on load of more AARs I really should recommend, but I think I'll keep it at these few key choices.:)

Then it's only one thing left to do, and that is to nominate the new Fan of the Week...! :) The one I have in mind is to be seen everywhere in CK2 land, and quite possible elsewhere too, but I've seen this nick around for a long time, always encouraging the writAARs and giving good feedback along the way.:)

So with no further ado, welcome the new Fan of the Week, Asantahene! :D

Whew, that took me a whooping 25 minutes.:p If you want it to be done right, do it right.;)

My goodness thanks a bunch Nikolai-have to say I absolutely love reading through the AARs-there are some real crackers here and it's always a pleasure to feedback. As it says at the beginning of this thread it is so important for us writers to receive feedback-it can be a very lonely business so I make it my duty to respond to all the AARs that I read.

At mo I am mainly concerned with the CK2 ones (only so many hours in the day yada yada) and what a fine bunch there are there too

Thanks for the award-I will come back next Sun with the next one

Last edited:
Congrats Asantahene!

Hey guys. Sorry this is a bit late. Had it in mind to do on Sunday but completely forgot. There are some great fans out there in CK2 land, which is mostly where I hang out but there is one young writer who is a serial supporter of a great number of varied AARs. Anyone who writes will know just how important feedback is so without further ado I nominate Saxon125