• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats!

A week has once again passed, and it is time for me to pass on the nomination to another fan. First of all, I would also like to thank all of those who congratulated me. And before passing it on, I will make a few recommendations of AARs, as usually:

For Crusaders Kings II, I will first of all recommend an AAR written by someone who recently posted in this very thread: it is the recently started ¡Santiago y cierra, España! by @RedTemplar . CK2 was my first PDS game and I have always enjoyed it, and as you know it is one of the games that is the most fitting for telling great stories. Santiago y cierra is no exception to this, and with the HIP mod collection in the game and skilled writing, RedTemplar brings to the reader a nice story. It will be very interesting to see how far he manages to go in this Iberian journey. Another AAR for CK2 I'd like to mention, to which I just subscribed but has been reading during today, is And did those feet by @WhiteHawk . The AAR tells the story of the kingdom of Jerusalem in an epic narrative, rich in both detail and information. Reading it is like reading a novel, and I'm amazed by the effort the author must be putting into it. So if you are into narratives, I recommend it!

Continuing on to Europa Universalis IV, there are many good AARs I could mention. @Merrick Chance' s historybook AAR Lords of France II: Politics After Revolution is still ongoing, with the author surpassing himself in depth and description at each new update. It also features a very intriguing modern part that further enhances the story. There is also the gameplay AAR by @misterbean British Steel that I recommend to all of those who would had missed it so far, it has been a nice ride throughout the years and the British Empire is truly ruling over the waves, as well as over France on mainland Europe. In each chapter, misterbean shares interesting thoughts around what is happening, and it is as if the readers was playing the game themselves, but with the additional information and knowledge that is continuously being shared and adds to the AAR.

Victoria 2 is the third game for which I'd like to recommend a few AARs. Lately, I have been following many Victoria 2 AARs, and I find it to be a very good game for writing and sharing experience in general. For those of you that have some spare time available and are interested in the period of the cold war and more specifically the UK politics during it, I highly recommend that you take a look at the iAAR Albion and Empire by @99KingHigh using the mod New World Order, which is not only interesting to take part in and participate, but also features detailed updates and tense elections and campaigning by participants. Hopefully a member of the CPBG will one day have the keys to the 10 Downing Street! :) Another V2 AAR I would like to mention is If God is with us, then who is against us that was started as recently as yesterday and is the first AAR of @TJDS . It looks very promising, and tells us the story of Concert Poland with the lovely Concert of Europe submod. So far there are only two updates telling us the storey of Poland until 1830, and I eagerly look forward to reading more! The final AAR for V2 that I will mention is Strength Through Unity by @oxfordroyale with the PDM mod. It is a historybook AAR in which the author tells the story of Belgium, introducing with some historical background and now just having started playing the game, with an update explaining the diplomatic and internal happenings of the three first years.

That will be all of my recommendations for today, and I could had written a lot more on each and one of these AARs and shared recommendations for other games too, but this will do for now. The next fan of the week is someone that I frequently see commenting in many AARs across the forums, and that only has been awarded the fan of the week nomination once before, but definitely deserves it once more. Congratulations @TheAnguishedOne !

Congratulations!

Great to see another lengthy recommendation post! And congratulations to TheAnguishedOne!

Thank you for the nomination, loup99. I am honored to win this again.

Congrats @TheAnguishedOne

Edit - AAAAAANND the man himself ninja'ed me. Good one.

Crap, I missed my nomination! I'm so sorry, I haven't exactly been here in quite a while. I've just had so much to do ;_; Well, I didn't really deserve it anyway, but I felt it rude not to reply so just to let you know that I really appreciate it even if I wasn't online to claim it. So thanks again and congratulations to @TheAnguishedOne for winning this one!

I do believe it is time for me to pass the award on to another worthy fan. I'd like to award this to @iisbroke , who I've seen encouraging several authors for their wonderful stories. To my knowledge, this is the first time iisbroke has received the award.

Congratulations, iisbroke!