• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you everyone and particularly @serutan for the nomination. This takes me to eight wins, a number which always surprises me until I remember I was lucky enough to win this the first time way back in 2008 so I've had quite a while to work on this. Despite some changes along the way (mostly Paradox somehow managing to make the forums a bit worse with every 'upgrade) this community does remain a wonderfully supportive place to write, in part because of the comments and feedback, so to echo some previous winners please do comment even if it just a couple of words. On the note of awards I am saved having to plug the ACAs as the deadline has passed, I can but hope enough of you were wise enough to vote for me.

Most of the AARs I've been following and poking at having been plugged by the last couple of winners, so I will not repeat the recommendations just agree with them. I will however recommend a couple of other works that didn't get a mention;

HOI4;
A Royal Prerogative - @Le Jones being excellent once again, as is his wont. An outstanding UK narrative AAR that has at times almost made me feel sympathy for Wallace and Edward VIII, such has been the majesty of the writing. Also contains a wonderful selection of AAR prompts and ideas from the readers that TBC has kindly collected in a threadmarked post, at least some of which I hope live to see the light of day.

CK2;
Lady Macbeth II - An Earldom of Buchan 1066 AAR - After a short break it lives again! @Fiftypence and his tale of the Margaret of Buchan contains ghosts, romps, jokes, unfortunate accidents, more romps and more accidents of a different kind. I can highly recommend it.

Vicki II;
Read Even More About it Planning - After the moderate success of the community Read All About It project, the second generation is being planned. So if you do have any interest in such a project, I recommend you head over there and get involved.

So onto our new winner. As almost all of the usual suspects have won recently (and deservedly so) I thought it was time for some new blood. Not the most prolific of commentators but I do see them pop up in all the very best threads and that's good enough for me. Congratulations to our new Fan of the Week - @Fiftypence

Well done!

Congratulations!

Congratulations.

I just realised this was meant to be passed along yesterday, whoops. :oops: Anyway, while there are many deserving posters, it seems it's a good few months since this particular individual has won it, so I hereby pass this award on to @TheButterflyComposer. Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just realised this was meant to be passed along yesterday, whoops. :oops: Anyway, while there are many deserving posters, it seems it's a good few months since this particular individual has won it, so I hereby pass this award on to @TheButterflyComposer. Congratulations!

Hang on, let me check...

Yes, it has indeed been 7 months. In fact, to put in perspective, I was last given this award on the 22nd of March I believe, which was pretty much exactly when everyone was going into the first batch of lockdown.

Woo. What a time it's been since then!

• 1Like
Reactions: