• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, this is a most welcome and surprising event.:) I am very grateful for receiving this awAARd again - it's an honor! I would never have envisioned this when I first began commenting in AARland, but I am most grateful for the recognition. Thank you @Alex Borhild for the nomination, thank you all for the gratulations. You guys feel like a family - some closer, some further down the family tree. But I feel like home among you all! :)

When it comes to what AARs I follow, those are numberous. I cannot possibly mention them all, nor give them all the recongnition they deserve. I will mention but a few here though, examples of pieces well worth your time. I will try to keep the mentions more or less equally divided between the games.

First and second up, @coz1 's excellent The Rightful King and his followup, now ongoing The Bold Prince. Better writing is seldom seen.

Then I'd like to mention @stnylan 's n00b piece on Victoria II; A VictoriAARn Education - Learning Victoria II with Sweden. While the authAAR is not a n00b in these parts, his playing this game is. And it's a wonder to follow.:)

With CK2 and Victoria II done, it's time to head to HoI4 (boy did I wish I had all the time in the world to mention all the great AARs going on at these boards!). Here I will mention first a written piece, @GDSPathe1 's Divided We Fall A USA Kasierreich AAR, a great piece on my favourite mod - Kaiserreich. But I also feel that HoI4's forum needs a recognition of a rather new kind of AAR. The YouTube Let's Play. I am most fond of the written AARs, I must admit. But there is much good reporting done in video form too, and I feel @SamEskenazi 's Kaiserreich Austria | Habsburg Return! is worthy a mention.:)

In Stellaris' subforum I will bring forward an AAR that have been rebooted twice now, but the writing and story keeps sending me back. I present you @hjarg 's Even Better Hautevilles, a story on the world led by the CK2 de Hauteville family.

Kaiserreich and Stellaris AARs, and to a slighly lesser degree CK2 is where my main reading time is done, I have to confess. But EU4 has one major story going on, which has so big chapters I almost choke :)p), but which are most entertaining to read. It reads like a real history book most often. I present you @JerseyGiants88 's Italian Ambitions - A Florence AAR

And with that I leave you to read, comment, write and be merry, and I will return with a new nomination in a week's time.:)
Christ, if I knew there were so many well written AARs, and voiced, I would buy all the food and water I needed and stay in my house reading only AARs. From all the games.

Congratulations @Nikolai! :D I'm glad to see more Fans of the Week are chipping in their own recommendations. Being a devoted fan is all about support and encouragement, after all.

Christ, if I knew there were so many well written AARs, and voiced, I would buy all the food and water I needed and stay in my house reading only AARs. From all the games.

Seconding this -- my chief problem with this place these days is that there seem to be too few hours in the day to follow all the stories I really enjoy as much as I like, even before factoring in the unfortunate necessities of life (like work).

Congrats, Nikolai!
That is a title well deserved! :)

Congratulations @Nikolai ! Thank you very much for the mention :)

Sorry I don't keep the episode up to date as often as I should, but I really appreciate when you comment on the threads. I love feedback massively, so it always brings a smile to my face to see your comments :)

Thanks again all.:)

@SamEskenazi : No problem, I remember to visit YouTube now and then to get the latest episodes.:p But it's easier to find them when posted here. I'm glad you enjoy my comments! :)

Congrats @Nikolai ! Considering how often I see you on this forum, the award is definitely well deserved.

Nikolai has been supporting my AARs and others for what seems forever now!

Congratulations, Nikolai, and thank you!

Rensslaer

That's because it has been years :) Sixteen glorious years. :)

Congrats @Nikolai ! Considering how often I see you on this forum, the award is definitely well deserved.
Thanks a lot! :) Yeah, I guess I use an ungodly amount of time in here, eh? :D

Congratulations, Nikolai, and thank you!

Rensslaer

That's because it has been years :) Sixteen glorious years. :)
Eh, yeah. Sixteen years. Scary how time have fled.:eek:

All:
It's closing in on Sunday, my time. I've been thinking over this week who deserves the the awAARd for the coming week. There's a lot of worthy candidates. Some have got their recognition recently too.

One was on my mind from day one, but I was sure he would have had the awAARd in his pocket recently. Because this man, and oldtimer like me, seems to be everywhere before I get there. A new AAR? He has posted. A new update? He has posted. Always with a kind word, a much needed encouragement, or a short or long comment showing his continued interest in the story at hand. I initially discarded nominating him, as I was *so* sure he had won lately.

But you know what? He hasn't won for months! :eek: (initally I thought since 2014, but it seems the OP is not updated properly :D ) So it's really time for a rewAARd for his time spent here!

Ladies, gentlemen.
Aliens, if we should have any in our audience.:D

I present you the Fan of the Week, @stnylan !

It is every time deserved for one of the finest readAARs of our world. Congrats for yet another, my friend!

A belated congrats to Nikolai and a current congrats to stnylan, well deserved gentlemen! :)

Congratulations @stnylan! Definitely well deserved!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Stnylan! Well deserved, as with all the other times! Your thoughtful comments are always a joy to receive.

Rensslaer

Congratulations @stnylan, your comments have encouraged me to keep writing in an energetic mood. Yet I kind of consider picking @stnylan cheating even if his last fan of the week awAARd was in 2014. I'm just kidding, you deserve it.