• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very many congratulations

Congratulations!

Again, thank you to all of you for your support.

I've been enjoying quite a few AARs, but sadly many of them have ended, whether they have reached their natural end or went on hiatus. Regardless, I'd like to list several of them as my favorites (so far):

The Empire Strikes Back - It was the first iAAR that I participated in (and the first place I commented when I joined) and inspired me to write my first AAR, so it always has a spot in my heart. Thank you, @Idhrendur, for such a great story!

Empire of the Mediterranean, both its EU4 and Victoria 2 parts - It was simply a blast participating in it!

This is Madness, of course, for such a grimdark and awesome story, mixed in with some interactivity - While it is on hiatus, I really hope that it comes back soon, as it has left such a great legacy on all AARs. The fact that I'm even trying to help revive it at this point (though I admittedly haven't reached out that well to other modders) testifies to the staying power of this AAR. It also inspired me to begin my megacampaign and try to "do better," no offense.:p

The Immortal Roman Empress - A very funny and entertaining story I found over on Reddit that I hope continues.

The Crown Atomic - Another one of the first AARs I read, and to date my favorite Kaiserreich AAR for its focus on post-war politics, not just the war itself.

Meh, I Can Take 'Em - A fellow Hohenzollern AAR whose jokes always made me laugh. This AAR has great potential once it returns from hiatus.

Hail to Thee in Victors' Crown - While this Kaiserreich AAR is now over, it has been a great ride, and it has provided many inspirations that I plan on using for a future Kaiserreich reboot of my first AAR.

Who could forget Nick Giordano's Osterreich Uber Alles and Regnum Argentum? They were so popular that they were locked by the mods. Enough said.:D

An Eagle Rising - It's unique format, despite the use of vanilla Victoria 2, made it quite hilarious at times. And I loved the Pokemon references towards the end!

And finally, there's one of the first AARs I ever read, The Middle Kingdom. While the story may have some hard to believe moments at times due to game mechanics, it is still one of the best stories I've ever read, with an emphasis on internal politics and a more realistic feel as a result. The story of China's rise was inspiring and epic, and it was unlike anything I ever read before. Much of it, like Empire Strikes Back, inspired my own first AAR, which was on China. If you're out there, thank you so much, @Hethran, for this great AAR!

And now on to the actual point of this thread, nominating the next fan of the week. This was a tough decision to make, as there are many great candidates. But ultimately, for their dedication in sticking by my works and providing many substantive comments, I have to submit @Michaelangelo as this week's fan of the week! I'd also like to give a shout-out to @TheAnguishedOne and @spendabuck for also being great fans!

Didn't expect to win this award again. Just like a few winners shortly before me, I don't read quite as many AARs as I used to (managing an iAAR makes it much harder to find time to read them). Ironically, I just stopped following this thread and the other awards recently because I didn't want to be tempted with new AAR suggestions. :p I've mostly found myself getting into the habit of finding a few authors I like and just reading every AAR they write, and I've always forced myself to comment after every update unless I truly have nothing to say. I find the best fans are those that show dedication to the AARs they read, posting after every update and providing insightful comments. I'll try to find someone like that next week. It gets harder these days to do that when I'm not up to date on what's popular in AARland. God, I sound old saying that. :D

Worry not, @Michaelangelo , being a great fan does not mean one must need be everywhere at once (and in fact, is nearly impossible outside of those great and good few that are capable of it.) Some of the very best fans are those that read only a few but give great comments every time they see an update. As writAARs, that's what we look at and more than anything, appreciate.

Congratulations for keeping us cool!