• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, Storey!

I wouldn't feel guilty. Your advice and counsel to I dunno how many writAARs over the years has been invaluable!

It is definitely well deserved. A long time fixture here, Joe has managed to comment and guide quite a few writers along the way. His writing has undoubtedly inspired many to write as well. Well done, Storey!

Let me tell you it wasn’t easy. I had to let loose the hounds to track down the next winner of the fan of the week. He was a slippery fellow but he couldn’t hide for long. To tell the truth he never stood a chance. When I turned over that last rock and found his hiding place it was all over. So let me introduce to you the next fan of the week.

Nil-The-Frogg

Congrats Nil! I've seen you doing your best to get around as much as possible. A true fan that gives great comments that show he has read the material and read it well. Well done!

Indeed, a fantastic choice. He is a fan that comments the most in my own stories as well. I've seen him hither and yon all over the fora. His comments tend to be complimentary as well as insightful. Congrats!

Great work Nil, congratulations :D

Very well deserved!

Nil! Congratulations!

I have to admit, your enthusiastic comment in Stnylan's In Memory of France had me laughing! Great smily!

And great job in encouraging everybody.

Your profile has me guessing... You say your French, and from somewhere in (I presume) the Pacific, so... New Caledonia? Just curious. Glad to have you around!

Rensslaer

Many congrats, Nil! Much deserved!

"POC!"

"FLOUSH!"

Two globulous yellowish eyes covered with a glutinous mucus emerged from nauseating waters. They scanned through the mist all around to see who had launched this stone on the fat toad's skull. Ah! Here on the bank stood a dirty old man smiling ear to ear and waving a friendly hand. A big flattened head rose above the water. A lily pad still hung on the pustules-covered brown skin of the beast. It croaked:

"Hi Storey! Kind of you to pay me a visit. Have you read my last scrabbles?"

The old man returned an impish gaze and replied:

"Life's been too hectic so I'm just now getting around to reading. By the way you've been named the fan of the week. Congrats. Now hop over to the fan of the week thread and tell the readers something about yourself."

The big toad was a bit puzzled.

"Huh? Fan of the week? What's that? Guess I should get out of my pond and have a look at that stuff. Hope they don't expect a speech. And no way that I wear a suit."

Still grumbling, the fat toad crawled to AAR land, leaving a trail of mud on its way. A strange unknown place it was. A place that will need new carpets by the way...

To its own surprise, the fat toad was wellcomed with compliments and cheerings. Some wondered about his strange smileys. "What kind of smileys?"
grenouille-28492.gif

It wondered. Some were guessing the location of its mudy hole. "Ah, it croaked, I knew I should change that information about my location (I'll do it soon in fact). Clever and funny guess here though. Unfortunately, this pond was just a suitable home for a big batrachian. I actually live near the city of the popes. Nothing fancy."

All in all, the toad felt a little uneasy about all those wonderful authors around it had never taken time to read. "Hear, I'm sure I'd like to comment all your great stories, but alas my time is limited and my reading speed even more. I had to pick a few and try to follow their tales as closely as possible and try to post accordingly along the way."

It slurped a thread of drool, looking for something to add.

"Well, I guess I'll have to go check the rules of this "Fan of the week" prize, in order to know what I have to do now, eh?."

It was about to leave when it suddenly stopped and sat up in a shivering motion from its flesh loafs:

"Oh! I was about to forget: THANK YOU ALL FOLKS! And especially you, Storey, as you seem to be the one giving the prize..."
grenouille-saute.gif

Last edited:
Okay, I've read the rules. Since I follow and comment in a very limited number of AARs, I can easily mention them all here:

Those I've been lurking in first. I must confess they're still my favourites :

coeur8.gif

HistoryPark: Here There Be Dragons , from Director
A Mongol Empire Scenario-Desert Tides- Or how I learned to swim in quicksand from Storey

I've already paid tribute to these two by stealing names of some of their prominent characters.

I've more recently begun the reading of those wonderful tales as well:

The Great Detectives, Spies, & ? Through History! from Amric
In memory of France from Stnylan

I've also posted in Deus's "Questions, Questions and no Answers" for some time. I've lost foot at some point, mostly due to nasty beating from RL, and so did Deus, it seems.

To tell the truth, I've roamed in some others, but not enough to post anything interesting in them or to recommand them...

Now, regarding my successor, hum, I'll have to think about it since I've never considered that before...

Last edited:
Congratulations, Nil! A well-deserved nod, considering how active and vocal you've been lately. Sorry for not acknowledging your Fandom earlier, but my forum access has been a little strained the past few days. Which also serves as my excuse for not following your tale: I promise to get back to it soon. :)

grenou3.gif

Here came the big hugly fat toad again. It thought that a hat would be classy enough. It was actually plain ridiculous on its big head. No, in fact the real classy aspect was a piece of drgonfly's wing still sticked at the corner of its wide elastic mouth.

"Laaadies and gentlemen! I've got a difficult time. Choosing a successor is not an easy thing, as you probably know. I've seen a bunch of active posters these days, some of them posting on forums I don't visit myself. This would have qualified them, since I don't intend to keep this title captive of the oldies from EU2 section."

The fat beast finally noticed the remnants of its last dinner and quickly grabbed it with a peristaltic move from its sluggish tongue (ah! just try to imagine that...
255.gif
).

"Heeerm... What was I saying? Ah yes: most of them, like Duke of Wellington have already been nominated recently. So, other considerations have to be examined instead. I've chosen to honor a dedicated readAAR. A true, pure readAAR who, unlike me, has the courage to resist the urge of wasting his precious readAARing time in writAARing. He's been around and comenting even before I registered on this forum and is still here, praising, cheering, encouraging. All of this is absolutely OBJECTIVE."

The fat toad heard some angry whispers in the crowd. It rolled its eyes and ballooned his cheeks.

"Ah... Hum... Well, I might have be personally biased in this affair. But hey, that's a personal choice anyway, eh? Sooo, the new fan of the week is..."
drum.gif

Nil-The-Frogg said:
"Ah... Hum... Well, I might have be personally biased in this affair. But hey, that's a personal choice anyway, eh? Sooo, the new fan of the week is..."
drum.gif
Well, while we are waiting with bated breath for you to announce the name inside the envelope... and while you still happen to be the Fan of the Week! I will mention that I happened to use your Edward Abbey quote in my AAR recently! I had seen you slipping and sliding around, and the quote had caught my eye. It seemed a perfect explanation for why, in my AARs, I do not always concentrate on conquest! So anyway... it ended up in some recent feedback.

Just thought I'd let you know!

By the by, do frogs have "baited breath"? Is that how they catch their food? :rolleyes:

Rensslaer