• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@jak7139 , not to say that @filcat is undeserving, but per the guidelines, we shoot for six months or so between nods, which their last nomination was just inside of that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congrats @jak7139 ! I've really appreciated all your comments on my AARs, so thanks for your support!

• 2Like
Reactions:
@jak7139 , not to say that @filcat is undeserving, but per the guidelines, we shoot for six months or so between nods, which their last nomination was just inside of that
Well, that's my bad on two counts then. The early nomination and nominating someone who wasn't even eligible. Sorry on that :(. This thread was so long, I didn't even think of checking the rules on the first post. Hopefully I haven't messed everything up.

Also thanks to @37th Armoured div, @Midnite Duke, @Idhrendur, @Nikolai, @Wraith11B, and @RustyHunter

• 3Like
Reactions:
No worries, @jak7139 – you’ve certainly not messed everything up. Take it easy and enjoy your week in the spotlight! :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
[Sincere apologies for the late reply to the previous winner; this is posted as a remedy-apology for the belated congratulation]

@GarfunkeL
CLAIM YOUR FAN TODAY!
Well, I'll be damned
Here comes the award again
But that's not unusual
It's just that the moon is full
And @GarfunkeL happened to win
And here I’m late
Hand on the keyboard
Reading the words
I'd known
A couple of light years ago
Heading straight for a joy

As I remember those comments
Were bluer than sky’s ends
My poetry was lousy all said
Where are these written from?
A server in the mid-web
Ten years ago
I should have brought all kudos
But now one is the fan of the week

We all know what comments can bring
They bring carbuncles and congrat's. [*]

[*] Appropriated butchered from Diamonds & Rust of the album with the same name (1975) by Joan Baez
What, of course the obvious reference for GarfunkeL has to be the gemstone red garnet almandine Fe3Al2Si3O12 (a carbuncle, Latin carbunculus, Spanish carbunculo, German karfunkel, Yiddish gorfinkl), not the duo.
Edit: Added the etymological explanation of the word. Corrected a font mistake.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Therefore, it is my pleasure to nominate @jak7139 as our next Fan of the Week! Come on down and claim your prize!

Well, that's my bad on two counts then. The early nomination and nominating someone who wasn't even eligible. Sorry on that :(. This thread was so long, I didn't even think of checking the rules on the first post. Hopefully I haven't messed everything up.

[Chorus]

Hit the road @jak7139, and don't you worry

No more, no more, no more, no more

Hit the road jak7139, and enjoy for seven days more

What'd you say?

Hit the road jak7139, and don't you be sad

No more, no more, no more, no more

Hit the road jak7139, and don't you want’ cheer for more?

[Verse]
O writAAR o writAAR, oh your comments are so fun

They're so much fun
that alI've read

I know if all say so

Now time to congratulate and cheer for more (that's right)

[Chorus]

[*] Appropriated butchered from Hit the Road Jack (1961), single by Ray Charles
Edit: Added the missing punctuation mark (question mark)

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@jak7139 : Any inspiration for a new fan of the week? I know you decided on @filcat right when you were nominated, but it's only been three months since his last nomination, so you either pick someone else or you leave it to the community. Check the list in the first post so you know he's won in the last six months.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can I still congratulate @filcat for his maybe success until we get a better nomination
No, best we don't encourage him. We've seen what he does normally, I'd dread to think what he would do if encouraged. ;)

• 4Haha
Reactions:
@jak7139, posting just to dissolve the mist in the situation, despite knowing that it has been clarified by the others and concurred by you;

Cheers for your consideration but cannot accept it, and have to respectfully decline. It would be unfair because it has been only three months since the last time winning, and as the moderator has elegantly suggested, there are hundreds of wonderful writAARs, who have not been nominated yet if not lately, but posting amazing comments, thus deserving kudos for their passion.

Looking forward to your choice of the fan of the week.

Can I still congratulate @filcat for his maybe success until we get a better nomination
Cheers for the consideration, but let the new winner shall take the congratulations.

No, best we don't encourage him. We've seen what he does normally, I'd dread to think what he would do if encouraged.
Have no worries; knowing when to stop.

1635334191677.gif

Edit: Corrected grammatical mistakes.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Alright. My new nomination is someone who has never won according to the list of winners. @Cora Giantkiller congratulations!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: