• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All hail the Eternal Fan of the Recurring Lockdown.

Wait...Are you suggesting we give this award to the Coronavirus or the current Conservative Government?

I'm not sure which one is less likely from you ..

Wait...Are you suggesting we give this award to the Coronavirus or the current Conservative Government?

I'm not sure which one is less likely from you ..

Frankly I’m hard pressed to imagine either of those entities being fans of the lockdown…

Many congratulations all the same.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer - we all look forward to your acerbic comments.
To paraphrase the Cat;
"It's true, they really do look forward to your comments."

Nevertheless, congratulations on the next step in completing the Circle and ensuring all of the usual suspects win this award twice in 2020. ;)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Nevertheless, congratulations on the next step in completing the Circle and ensuring all of the usual suspects win this award twice in 2020. ;)

Wow, you’re right. Out of the 8 winners since the end of September, 6 had already won it in the spring. :eek:

The forum really does contract after summer…

congratulations my dear darth kelebek!

I just realised this was meant to be passed along yesterday, whoops. :oops: Anyway, while there are many deserving posters, it seems it's a good few months since this particular individual has won it, so I hereby pass this award on to @TheButterflyComposer. Congratulations!

Thanks very much.

All hail the Eternal Fan of the Recurring Lockdown.
Frankly I’m hard pressed to imagine either of those entities being fans of the lockdown…

Many congratulations all the same.

It is surprising to be reminded yet again that 2020 is nearly over...thanks?

Congrats @TheButterflyComposer - Forumavirus notwithstanding! :D

Most people here seem to be isolating from the forum now anyways so I think we're safe.

Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer - we all look forward to your acerbic comments.

Every thread needs a TBC or Stnylan. 20% additional replies (almost) guaranteed!

To paraphrase the Cat;
"It's true, they really do look forward to your comments."

Reminds me of 2017 when that happened so often we had to politely start declining nominations...

Wow, you’re right. Out of the 8 winners since the end of September, 6 had already won it in the spring. :eek:

The forum really does contract after summer…

I still don't really know why that is. Although I would say that it is essentially convention for this to happen now, since we established the prior convention of getting the usual suspects out of the way as early into the year as possible.

if it makes you feel any better, I don't usually nominate 'Circle' members unless it's their first win in 10 years or so (Bullfilter, ages ago now) or if El Pip is eligible.

congratulations my dear darth kelebek!

Ah, my able former headmaster turned general. It has been some time since we crossed paths in Turkey. Hopefully the war situation keeps improving however...thanks very much.

All aboard the midnight express! The dark lord is getting an award! Congrats @TheButterflyComposer

I feel I serve as a walking advert for a number of other peoples AARs. Which is...nice, I guess?

Congratulations ! Very well deserved ! ;)

I say these two phrases far too much in award threads. I really should branch out a bit more. Maybe next year.

Thanks be to all.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I feel I serve as a walking advert for a number of other peoples AARs. Which is...nice, I guess?
It's something only the most dedicated of fans can pull off. Just goes to show that you getting this awAARd twice in 8 months is thoroughly deserved.

Last edited:
Reactions:
It's something only the most dedicated of fans can pull off. Just goes to show that you getting this aAARs twice in 8 months is thoroughly deserved.

I have odin and stalin open to read. Just got the Jewish Poland AAR to finish first. Heard many things though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Many congratulations.

My congratulations!

I've missed this (or it updated and never reset my follow counter) for awhile, so congrats to all the recipients!

• 1Like
Reactions:
We give @TheButterflyComposer one simple job - keep the circle going - and it is too much for him. Let us hope this poke reminds him of his duties.

Do you know how hard it is to find active members to award this to in the winter slowdown, who aren't ineligible due to the six months rule?:)

Fortunately, @diskoerekto hasn't won since January (and for some reason didn't win at all last year???) and so bails me out. Aside from that, he's also an intrinsic commentator to Talking Turkey, and is very frequently found everywhere except my own AARs.

A man of taste, and character, regardless.

Time for a new nominee?
We give @TheButterflyComposer one simple job - keep the circle going - and it is too much for him. Let us hope this poke reminds him of his duties.

I have no idea why you expected me to be prompt. After 4 and a half years of poking by mods, I have proven extremely slow to update community posts.

I'm still surprised I voted in the last election.

Anyway, this award now goes to the former headmaster of Turkey's school of mountaineering and safe-cracking, Major General Diskoerekto.

Reactions: