• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@coz1 and @DensleyBlair - Thank you for your comments. As writers yourselves, you know what I mean. ;)

I have to confess that no-one I know does a comment like @Stuyvesant used to do. He could tell you things about your writing that even you didn't know.

Nowadays there is such a flood of material in AARLand that it is hard to keep up, though @stnylan puts in a superhuman effort.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I have to confess that no-one I know does a comment like @Stuyvesant used to do. He could tell you things about your writing that even you didn't know.
At the risk of turning this into a nostalgia-fest (maybe it's time to open up a fresh tab at the bAAR and reminisce over a few drinks? :D), I have very fond memories of @Stuyvesant's generous commentary on my first ever AAR. He jumped on board part-way through, caught up with a backlog of about 30-odd chapters and then became one of my most incisive and entertaining readers! A real adept in the art of the comment.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you all again for the recognition and good wishes. Unfortunately, my time in the spotlight has expired. Before the torch goes out, I'll pass it to @El Pip , whose comments always make for interesting reading.

Any author would be blessed to have you as a reader.

Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to the writer who not only inspired my own adventures on this board, but challenges me with every response to do better. Thank you, @El Pip for your commentary!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Another excellent pick! Congrats @El Pip !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations Milord @El Pip

• 1Like
Reactions:
My congratulations, very well deserved!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Many congratulations to @El Pip, who I see claims his ninth golden fan with this latest nod. Always a worthy recipient, both for his inimitable presence on the boards (my own thread would certainly be a quieter place without his comments, and worse of for it) and for his highly commendable efforts over the last couple of years shepherding a series of very entertaining community writing projects. Ever reliable as a writer, and ever reliable as a reader. In other words, one of our best.

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Oh my God, @DensleyBlair - we've agreed on something! Quick, say something to start a troll-fest - otherwise the forum might explode!

:D:p:D

Not that we've actually disagreed on much, I think - but saying that wouldn't be funny.

@El Pip has been strangely quiet. Perhaps he just doesn't want the headache of picking a successor. Very sneaky... I like it.

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It is traditional to display a degree of surprise about these things, but this was genuinely quite a shock. As has been noted I've not been around as much as I would like, I have had a great many real life distractions that have kept me busy and away from this place, so right now I feel I am being a quite terrible fan. I've mostly been hoping that the authors I like don't mind the fact I've entirely failed to comment on their last few updates or that I've not managed to even start on the interesting looking new (to me anyway) AARs going on like Coz's epics or Avon. (Also sorry Densley but your terrifying pace does mean it might take a while for me to catchup with you)

All that said, thank you Director for the nomination and thank you everyone else for all the kind words. It is reassuring to know that even when I'm off my game and short on time my efforts are still appreciated. I shall enjoy my few days in the limelight and nominate a hopefully more worthy successor come Sunday. :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
The week is up and time to pass this along. I did seriously consider going the new blood route, seeking out new faces and so on. But I did that last time so instead I decided to just pick someone who really deserved it. My nomination is @nuclearslurpee who continues to grace many a thread with erudite and substantial comments, which are always the best kind. As others have said any comment is welcome and if a brief few words is all a reader has time for then it will still be gratefully received. But a reader who puts in a few more words and reassures you that the details were noticed and the clever (or not so clever) idea appreciated, well they are priced far above rubies.

Let me be the first to say, congratulations @nuclearslurpee !

• 1Love
Reactions: