• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you @roverS3 for the nomination which takes me into the elite ranks of 10 wins, an achievement which is surely proof that if you spend enough time doing something you will eventually get the hang of it. Thank you for all the kind comments, I have on occasion put more time than I intended into a reply so it is nice that it was appreciated.

It is a most unfortunate coincidence that this win occurred while I was on the Continent for business and thus unavailable to do any actual fanning this week, though I did find time to enjoy the prize. ;) If one believes the first page then the last two times I won this I passed the award onto @nuclearslurpee in recognition of his long and always appreciated comments in all the best AARs but unfortunately he is ineligible, so I cannot do it a third time in a row and thus transform the act into a ritual custom of the board, one weighed down with tradition and history, rich in half forgotten symbolism and pageantry.

On a more positive note there is another deserving candidate, one who is always a welcome presence dispensing both wit, wisdom and the law. Congratulations to your new Fan of the Week @Wraith11B !
giphy.gif
Upon seeing something like... I dunno, a dozen or so notifications... I realized that @Midnite Duke was making his way through The Butterfly Effect. So not much surprise, honestly. The record was something like 24 or whatever. Of course then I saw that they were all from Fan of the Week and had my name tagged and that led to...

3OCF.gif

I didn't realize that I had much in the way of impact. I've been a loyal reader, for sure, and always will uphold the Law (both Forum and Commonwealth), but didn't think for a second that my contributions (minimal as they were/are) really "rated." Speaking as an Infantryman, I'm not one for awards for an awards' sake--don't bother with my internal monologue every time an "Attaboy" list comes out from the Sheriff's Office and I read them as if to say to myself, "But... I did something almost exactly similar!" and didn't get a nod!--and so this award clearly caught me by surprise and shock....
david-tennant-interested.gif
Fantastic choice, Pip. Congratulations, @Wraith11B !

Ah, warm congratulations @Wraith11B, very well deserved indeed. :)

Sure give me a heart attack why don't you

E: Also congrats @Wraith11B

Congratulations @Wraith11B

Congratulations to @Wraith11B !

Congratulations @Wraith11B from one commonwealth-dweller to another.
I'll reply to this one independently, because as a fellow Virginian, I felt it needed to be a personal touch! Thank you, sir.

Congratulations @Wraith11B

Good choice, well done

For the rest of you... my deepest apologies. I meant to respond to wave off this obvious over exaggeration of my contributions (I'm still waiting on some level of motivation to put together my response for Talking Turkey) of late. I have been very busy: in the last two weeks I did something like 40 odd hours of OT (I have an upcoming vacation to pay for) and a few more hours to account for. I'm still in the process of trying to tie off Der Adler while also developing my next HoI3 project in what I project to call "The Shadow of Versailles" (because what hasn't been done to death in the period, honestly)... which, to that end, I actually did get around to finally putting up the floating shelves to hold the three tower desktops that I have. So, literally, it's pushing me to organize my office in order to get things done.

That said, because I'm pretty much insulated in my HoI3/2 boards--with only minor deviations into Vic2 courtesy of @BigBadBob and @DensleyBlair as well as into CK3 courtesy of @TheButterflyComposer (mumbles something under his breath)--I would offer to submit to those more capable than I to determine the next recipients of this prestigious award.

Finally, a hearty thank you for @El Pip and his nod, essentially a year apart from that of @Bullfilter and then another year since @nuclearslurpee before that! Gosh, maybe it's just super cyclical?

• 2Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Very good reply post @Wraith11B :D

(I'm still waiting on some level of motivation to put together my response for Talking Turkey)
Fear not my friend, it’s a long and gracious wave goodbye over there and I’m more than happy to wait if I know there’s something coming. :)

That a lot of overtime, so I hope the holiday is all that you hope it will be.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Id like to nominate @Thaiga for this weeks fan of the week, who is not only a commentator on my own AAR but also seems to have a presence on every ck2 agot AAR on the forum! Congrats on what looks to be your first win of this award.

• 2Love
Reactions:
Congrats @Thaiga! (And the AGOT AARs really do seem to be taking over the CK2 boards)

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Thank you all for this unexpected kindness! It was a welcomed surprise and I want to express my sincerest gratitude to all of you here. I also would like to especially thank @streaker77, @HistoryDude, @Midnite Duke, and also @EtzelHoveri, @Alivekari123 and @TWR97, with all of whom I have a pleasure of seeing each other in the comments to my humble work and to other AARs around this precious little world of ours.
For my fan of the week I however would like to take a moment to appreciate @lone_wolf7660, who held the fort when I suddenly went AWOL and answered questions about my game and my AAR. It made me feel like a real writer and administered a burst of motivation like I've never experienced before.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Seems I have missed a lot of winnAARs recently, with my new job taking so much focus. I see a lot of worthy recipients, though, and will belatedly sing their praises! Well done, all of you! I know how important it is and how much work can get into it. Well done!

• 1Like
Reactions:
As this sems to be well and truly stuck I hereby declare the Fan of the Week open for nomination. First come, first serve!