• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some good recommendations and an excellent choice for a successor.

Congratulations indeed @nuclearslurpee , may your valuable work across these fora be rewarded with yet more awards, honours and decorations.

Many congratulations @nuclearslurpee!

And many thanks for the shoutout, @Bullfilter – although you do your wide palate a disservice by (understandably) grouping Echoes in with the HOI4 lot, when it is in fact one of those exotic Vicky 2 creatures. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
He once again shows unique style and taste, by putting CK3 first.
Well done to nuclearslurpee. Its hard to believe all the fan regulars got their last award 6 months ago. Almost like half the year was lost...sigh.

Reactions:

And many thanks for the shoutout, @Bullfilter – although you do your wide palate a disservice by (understandably) grouping Echoes in with the HOI4 lot, when it is in fact one of those exotic Vicky 2 creatures. :p
Oh of course it is! :eek: This is what happens when you post hastily! :rolleyes: I'll amend it.

Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Picking a new recipient has been hard for me, as name after name I would pick has (after I've checked) been awarded this honour recently (perhaps not a surprise)! One of those who hasn't had this award for at least six months (though they got it back in early February) is the ever-helpful and knowledgeable @nuclearslurpee - so congratulations, it's coming your way again! :)
So this is why my notifications feed has blown up so spectacularly. I'll offer my thanks, indeed it doesn't feel to have been long enough since the last round, in fact I hardly feel like I've been active lately but clearly all of my procrastination hard work has paid off once again.

Congrats @nuclearslurpee! :D
Thank you, good forumAAR. :D

Some good recommendations and an excellent choice for a successor.

Congratulations indeed @nuclearslurpee , may your valuable work across these fora be rewarded with yet more awards, honours and decorations.
An excellent choice I agree.
Z3wSg01.gif

many congratulations @nuclearslurpee
many thanks

Many more thanks.

You'd all best cut down to just a few congrats per post or I may run out of thanks, as the recent deliveries are delayed and while professionals study logistics I must confess to amateur status. :oops:

Congrats!
Thanks!

He once again shows unique style and taste, by putting CK3 first.
Well done to nuclearslurpee. Its hard to believe all the fan regulars got their last award 6 months ago. Almost like half the year was lost...sigh.
Here I buck the trend with an impressive seven-month gap, really closer to eight thus you should all gape in wonder or perhaps confusion.

Congratulations!
Thank you!

Congrats @nuclearslurpee!

And thanks for the mention @Bullfilter...
Indeed, let's talk less about the little man sitting in front of the curtain tinkering with event files and more to the man behind the curtain recommending excellent reading material who clearly deserves more accolades, though unfortunately I can hardly declare a repeat winner.

Congratulation to @nuclearslurpee and I sincerely appreciate the mention as well, @Bullfilter !
Thanks, mate.

Someone @ me in a week and I'll nominate some other poor sucker deserving forumAAR as is tradition, of course.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Congratulations @nuclearslurpee ! Well done! :)

I hope you and other fans of AARland take your time to go vote for the ACAs Q3 2020 while you're at it! :p

Reactions:
A little late but well done @nuclearslurpee
A congratulator is never late, everyone else is simply early.

Congratulations !
Thanks !

Congratulations @nuclearslurpee ! Well done! :)

I hope you and other fans of AARland take your time to go vote for the ACAs Q3 2020 while you're at it! :p
Thanks, and I'd like to echo here that everyone should go vote for the ACAs or at least plan to make a bit of a go at it in the next few weeks, as voting is open until 1 November which will be here before you know it!

As it seems to be tradition to recommend a few AARs, I may as well suggest a few recent favorites, with "recent" being operative here as there are many great AARs on this board beyond what I can cover:
  • In the category of CK3, I confess I do not frequent that part of the forum much but will confess to enjoying Ged's Existential Nightmare by @TheButterflyComposer in the scarce time I have to catch up to it (which I still have not done). Excellent for those who like heavily sardonic writing and/or lambasting of Paradox without descending into excessive criticism if one thinks such a thing is possible.
  • In the, hrm, distinguished-looking category of HoI2, I'll point folks to the recently-reawoken comic farce entitled For King Haakon and the Fjords! by Lord @El Pip which has in recent months been taken up again. Similarly to his famous Butterfly Effect this AAR is quite venerable and in fact even slower in pace, taking a mathematically-correct but semantically-questionable average, but I suspect that perhaps some old hands may yet have missed its return.
  • And of course, in the all-important HoI3 category, while I hate to choose just one for now I will recommend 'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3 as I've particularly enjoyed the past couple of updates, certainly doing justice to the sheer scope of the Soviet Union in an HoI3 AAR is always a challenge and this work certainly clears the bar, presents a pretty picture of the bar, and discusses the design origins of the bar in relation to the previous generation of Soviet bar technology whilst updating readAARs as to the bar's romantic entanglements with the local flagpole.
  • A good fan of course knows their classic AARs almost as well as their chosen area of concerningly-niche history, and thus in the old classics worth a re-read category I happily recommend a short read, Warriors of the North by @Skywalker_T-65. It is while short quite a rare gem. First of all it is an HPP AAR which those who know me will understand my appreciation for, secondly it has the rather rare quality of being a minor power (Sweden) AAR played without gamey pre-WWII conquering to transform into a great power, yet the game goes not only to completion but in fact as deep as 1946 before a short epilogue, and all in a scarce 19 pages making it well worth one's afternoon.
  • For those who think "yes, reading is nice and all, but I like some action in my life!" I'll also recommend a recent gaming adventure, namely I shall share the curse Lord El Pip has cast upon his readAARs by recommending Aurora 4x, a space 4x/RP-simulator game for those not already aware, and one which is ideally suited for those who look at Stellaris and scoff at how profoundly un-grognardy it is. One designs not only one's ships but the components of one's ships, and in some cases the components for the components also known as the ammunition, surely what proper grognard could be dissatisfied with this? No link as it is hosted off-forum but easily-Googleable, and of course you may all "thank" me later for the loss of your precious little free time. :p
Of course, the important bit here is that I must nominate a new fan of the week to which end I am pleased to nominate a chap whose quality commentary only barely eclipses his frankly unsettling thread-stalking habits. @Wraith11B come on down! *canned applause*

• 2Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Congratulations Wraith!

In the category of CK3, I confess I do not frequent that part of the forum much but will confess to enjoying Ged's Existential Nightmare by @TheButterflyComposer in the scarce time I have to catch up to it (which I still have not done). Excellent for those who like heavily sardonic writing and/or lambasting of Paradox without descending into excessive criticism if one thinks such a thing is possible.

And thanks for the shout out! This is a funny little creature but people seem to like it. Especially as it gives a little room for AARland to...express themselves about paradox and ck3 on launch. Not all bad things either, as you say. Ged however, suffers eternally.

Reactions: