Fallout's Doomsday 2.5.1.2 for Darkest Hour (latest release: 22-04-2023)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi everyone. Been since Christmas doing programmer stuff, long history. Nothing gained but experience, knowledge and new ideas on how to improve my learning process. It will be worth in the end.

I wonder if we could get something like a dev diary about that.

I never did one, but I think you guys would like it? I shall try it, then. Got some of it typed already. Need to get some pretty images too and finish it all. Lots of thoughts to express. I hope it helps people understand my vision for the mod and what I have been doing in these times.

Is Wikipedia's info not sufficient? They've got quite a lot on the topic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining_in_the_United_States#Mining_by_mineral

Thank you! That was good info! Still researching it.

Thank you! If Putin mod has what I seek, then it will allow me to do a rather important revamp off their implementation.

(btw I only heard of Putin Mod, never played it. Is it good?)

Take a look at UN statistical yearbooks.

Thanks, Nuke! I shall take a look at that data.

Well, although it wasn't delivered by Christmas, it is good to know it wasn't just abandoned or that Slaughter had a sudden case of the dieds. Hopefully you can get it up to your standards by before you really start getting busy in early 2021.

Or did I? Maybe I am dead and someone else is posting this.

Do you have like a design document or anything for your plans in this regard? I'd be really interested to hear what you feel the problems are and what you plan to do about them.

Not so much a single file as much as Loads and loads and loads of .txt files in my current computer.

Sure! Guess that Dev Diary thing is a go! Never did one before, but guess there's always a first.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I never did one, but I think you guys would like it? I shall try it, then. Got some of it typed already. Need to get some pretty images too and finish it all. Lots of thoughts to express. I hope it helps people understand my vision for the mod and what I have been doing in these times.
I'm sure we'll definitely like it! You don't even have to stuff too much aesthetics into it, the dev of Bonaparte's Legacy just posts a bunch of screenshots with short explanations and it's good, and you seem to have a better way with words, so don't worry about it.
Thank you! If Putin mod has what I seek, then it will allow me to do a rather important revamp off their implementation.

(btw I only heard of Putin Mod, never played it. Is it good?)
It's excellent, you can see it's unfinished, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do. But I'm not sure this version of the mod will work: it worked for someone I know (who sent the link to me) but it crashes for me and I don't know how to fix it yet (sorry @RV-Ye ). I used to have a working version, but that was before my hard disk got corrupted. Anyways, I do hope that you'll find what you need in the mod files. (Wonder what that could be...)

Reactions:
Hi! A long time Fallout for HoI games fan.

I thought I would take a gander at an classic under the most recent Darkest Hour patch. As soon as I started loading the main scenario, I got an error that I ignored and this was written in the savedebug.txt (attached in message).

I tried to look around if this was supposed to be expected, alas didn't, so I'm wondering if this is something that is supposed to happen.

Cheers!

Attachments

• savedebug.txt
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
I'm sure we'll definitely like it! You don't even have to stuff too much aesthetics into it, the dev of Bonaparte's Legacy just posts a bunch of screenshots with short explanations and it's good, and you seem to have a better way with words, so don't worry about it.

Alright then! I might get a bit wordy. Wish I had released those diaries already, kinda busy with RL stuff.

It's excellent, you can see it's unfinished, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do. But I'm not sure this version of the mod will work: it worked for someone I know (who sent the link to me) but it crashes for me and I don't know how to fix it yet (sorry @RV-Ye ). I used to have a working version, but that was before my hard disk got corrupted.

Anyways, I do hope that you'll find what you need in the mod files. (Wonder what that could be...)

You will see...

Hint: It involves tech.

I tried to look around if this was supposed to be expected, alas didn't, so I'm wondering if this is something that is supposed to happen.

Its working normally, don't worry. Since the newest version, the E3 map is throwing some strange errors related to off-map province. It complains that provinces outside the map are assigned, but if we don't assign them (that's what Far-Away Land is), the game complains as well.

Also, go to db/events/Texas_Reformed.txt and fix line 62:

command = ( type = add_core_area which = Texas } #A little extra for being a late-bloomer

Into this:

command = { type = add_core_area which = Texas } #A little extra for being a late-bloomer

(I have it fixed it here, I believe its the opening bracked that has a parenthesis, but might be the closing one. Minor error, but might crash the game if Texas Reformed pops up)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Depends, do you think "I release this week-end" is news? Because it is now.

I did some play-testing today and it seemed ok. Found a little issue with the mod actually not saving games, turns out I deleted the save games folder for some reason and the game doesn't make a new one. Actually lost my little New Canaan test game because of that.
Savedebug is not spitting any strange errors, the game didn't crash and everything seems on the up and up.

I'm going to test it a bit more later at night, and if everything looks right, release it. Sorry it took so long.
I hope there is a new version soon, would like to play it again!
You will play it again!

And I hope you then play it again, and again!
I know it's a bit late, but if you need mining and resources in States, the site to use is this:
It's FAR better source of informations than checking wikipedia and reading about a mine that's already exhausted in the 70s
Thanks, Carandira!

I actually knew about it, but you reminded me of it. Got a lot of mileage from The Diggings recently, its a pity they don't seem to have some info that USGS and Western Mining History has.

Wikipedia is actually pretty decent-ish for some mines, sometimes they have recent info, sometimes not. I actually found some mines in wikipedia but not USGS.

• 1Like
Reactions:
FODD 2.4 Launched
Good morning, everybody!
After a bit of testing to make sure I don't have a leviathan of a bug hidden somewhere, I am ready.

I am happy to present the newest FODD 2.4!

I'm sorry it took so long, and I hope it is not underwhelming, as I could not make all the things I wanted to do in time. Researching resources took a lot of my time, but I hope it was worth it in the end. Well, guess what didn't make it into this version, will make into the next. I have some ideas that I believe you guys will like.

I hope everyone has fun! Thanks to everyone who helped, if you helped and didn't see your name in the credits, tell me and I shall credit you, I probably forgot because I'm forgetful as all hell.

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/smsob0oyxyed6k9/FODD.rar/file
Checksum: IHVL

Changelog:

Code:
FODD 2.4 Changelog:

FODD_ID_Numbers.txt:

- Updated info.

- NATIONAL PROVINCES updated.

Fallout's Doomsday Reference.xls:

Planned Units:
        - Added the planned PA-0 through PA-5. Not yet activated.

- Elite Irregulars.

ai:

ARA.ai: Ice Warriors now more aggresive towards pretty much everyone near them.

AFG.ai:
        New enemies:
            - Caesar's Legion
            - Beastlords
            - The Huns.

Added a few more comments.   

ANG.ai: Now has new Beastlord friends to consider.

CAM.ai: Reavers got a small AI improvement.

Broken Hills:
        POL.ai:
            - Broken Hills is now slightly more aggressive (was 0, now 10).

- Better tag commenting.

- Added X_Marks_The_Spot's new location.

BEL.ai: God-Machine is more aggressive towards The Huns.

BEN.ai: Beastlord AI revamped:
        Will now attack:
            - Kansas Free State
            - Dark Cathedral
            - Zombie Apocalypse
            - Robot Nation
            - Nuka Cola
            - New Church.
            - Under-Nation
            - Western Brotherhood of Steel
            - Nuka Cola Corporation
            - Spiders

Will befriend:
            - Junkers
            - Under-Nation
            - Reavers  
            - The Huns
            - Mutant Army
            - Mayan Empire
            - Manitou Tribes
            - Reservation
            - Necropolis

Beastlords are now more aggressive.

Caesar's Legion:

New Files: ALB_2250.ai, ALB_2252.ai and ALB_2255.ai.

- ALB.ai:

- Caesar's Legion combat setting against Vipers changed from 10 to 30.

- Combat setting vs Reservation changed to 30.

- NCR greatly deprioritized. Objective is to make the Legion conquer further East before swinging to the West.

- The Legion now sees Necropolis and Vipers as target.

- Changed AI province targets to account for WBOS and NCR's province swap.

- ALB_2248.ai:

- Caesar's Legion is now more aggressive towards the Vipers (was 15, then 20, now 30). Caesar should't let some gang or tribe around, he should conquer them.

- NCR greatly deprioritized. Objective is to make the Legion conquer further East before swinging to the West.

- Ceasar's Legion will now see the Brotherhood of Steel, Vipers, Reservation, New Church and Kansas Free State as a expansion targets. Watch out! The Legion is interested now!

- Aware of Texas Reformed.

- ALB_2250.ai:

- New AI file created! This file is meant to make the Legion more powerful a player.

- This Legion now attacks the Shi Empire and Broken Hills as well.

- More aggressive later AI.

- ALB_2252.ai:

- Even more aggressive than the previous one.

- Finally pulling towards the NCR

- ALB_2255.ai:  

- Going all out in war, especially against the NCR.  

Enclave:

New Files:
            - ENG_2251.ai
            - ENG_2253.ai

- ENG_2245.ai and 2249.ai:

- Enclave now realizes Pioneer Alliance is an enemy and that it must be fought. Document re-patterned towards the new model of AI docs, with alphabetically-ordered and labelled tags. Enclave now hates the Beastlords as much as any other mutant, but not as much because they're too far... for now.

- Less aggression against Mutant Army

- ENG_2247.ai   

- Less aggression against Mutant Army

- ENG_2249.ai: Enclave more aggresive towards Ice Warriors.

- Less aggression against Mutant Army.

- Now attacks Warriors of Ice

- Enclave now fortifies a bit more.

- Enclave starts building Air Units in this year.

- ENG_2251.ai

- Enclave becomes more aggressive in this year.

- Enclave builds a bit more air units.

- Enclave now fortifies a bit more.

- ENG_2253.ai

Enclave become more aggressive.

Dark Cathedral:

- AZB.ai: Dark Cathedral now attacks Beastlords.

Den:

DEN_2245.ai

DEN_2246.ai

East BOS:

- SPA.ai:

- Made AI aware of Beastlords and more aggressive towards The Huns. A bit more aggressive in general.

- Now aware and agressive against Dark Cathedral.

- Now aware and agressive against Junkers

- Now aware and aggressive against Zombie Apocalypse.

Hub:  
        SWE.ai:
            - Better documentations.
            - Hub a little more aggressive.

Important Location data for AI.txt      

JOR.ai:

- Changed Vault 10 from Flagstaff to Afton province in Wyoming.  

Kurtz' Camp:

ARM.ai:

ARM_Apocalypse.ai:

Manitou Tribes:
        CSA.ai:
            - Currently friendly to the Beastlords

- Set up to fight Nuka Cola Company

- Set up to fight Dark Cathedral

- Manitou Tribes now produces less Garrisons and more Irregulars.

Mutant army:
        SOV.ai:

- Less focus on Garrison production and more on Super Mutant production.

NCR:

CAL.ai

CAL_2245.ai

CAL_2247.ai

CAL_2249.ai

Nuka Cola Company:
        U53.ai:

- Now has a superior, provisory unit build ai, rather than going 100% paratroopers.

Necropolis:
        TUR.ai:

- Now friendly to Beastlords.

Polar Station Zeta:

PRK.ai

PRK-alter.ai:

Reavers:
        CAM.ai:
            - Reavers now friendly to the Beastlords
            - Dark Cathedral is now an enemy to the Reavers, due to their ludditism.

Reservation:
        BRA.ai:
            - Reservation made friendly to the Beastlords.

Robot Nation:

- Some documentation enhancement, a bit.

JAP.ai:

- Now aware of Beastlords as enemies.

JAP_nasty_2245.ai:

- Made aware of New Canaan as enemy.

JAP_nasty_2250.ai:

- Now aggressive against Beastlords.

JAP_nasty_2253.ai:

- Made more aggressive

- Aware of Beastlords as enemies.

JAP_nice_2245.ai: More aggressive against:

- Zombie Apocalypse

- White Legs

JAP_nice_2251.ai

- New enemy: White Legs.

- More aggression vs Under-Nation.

JAP_nice_2254.ai:  

- More aggression vs Under-Nation.

Shi Empire:

CHC.ai

The Huns:
        NOR.ai:
            - Huns made vastly more aggressive. They are supposed to be the baddest horde of raiders in the wasteland, and should feel like it.

- Huns shall now fight the Under-Nation.

- Improved documentation.

- The Huns are now friendly to the Beastlords.

Vault City:

GER_2245.ai

GER_2247.ai

GER_2249.ai

Vipers:

- IRQ.ai: Vipers now more aggressive towards Caesar's Legion. (was 15, now 20)

West BOS:

ITA.2245.ai

ITA_2246.ai

ITA_2249.ai:

White Legs:
        BHU.ai:
            - Increased propensity for war.
            - Will now attack the Robots and Broken Hills, but its a low chance. White Legs are scared of both, the former because they are "metal demons" and the later, for being "demons in the flesh of men".
            - Proper Commented Tags.

Texas Reformed:  
        TEX.ai:
            - A few changes, mostly not pertaining to gameplay for now. Now aware of Beastlords as an enemy group.

X_Marks_The_Spot_Beta:

U52.ai:

Zombie Apocalypse:
        AUS.ai:
            - Zombie Apocalypse more aggressive in general.
            - Zombies now aware that Beastlord flesh tastes good.

Config:
    - event_text.csv:
        - Fixed typos.
        - Unifications have their own section. Unification EVT_DESC, EVT_TEXT and such changed to match new numbers.
        - Nevada unification text changed.
        - event "Utah Unified" was titled as "Utha unified". Literally unplayable.
        - New Mexico unification text changed in order to better account for its riches.

- province_names.csv:
        - San Luis Obispo is now Lost Hills.
        - Fresno is no longer Lost Hills, but Fresno.

- scenario_text.csv:
        - Added more canon lore to the Vipers' background.

db:

- Province.csv:
        - Got rid of old resource distribution at Fredonia/Hoover Dam Province. This will be now handled by the scenario files.
        - Got rid of resources in New Vegas, because fuck using that horrid province.csv file for resource distribution.
        - Got rid of resources of Utah being set here. Only on scenario files now.

- misc.txt:   

- revolt.txt:

- Fixed NCR revolt file to account for province swap.
        - Fixed WBOS' revolt file to account for province swap.
        - Changed Vault 10 from Flagstaff to Afton province in Wyoming.

db/units/divisions:
    - d_rsv_34: Fixed bug at start-up with Wannamingo unit.
    - militia: Fixed numbers. Mercenaries were given an improvement by requiring 2.5 manpower now, whereas they required 3 before.

db/tech:
    - industry_tech: Extensive Greenhouses technology now gives a bonus to manpower. This makes this technology more rewarding.

db/events:

- Rebels.txt: No more marauders spawning in Eugene province (786). This means Klamath doesn't need to fight for a province which is already theirs.

- Unifications.txt:
        - Almost all unifications changed to a simpler, clearer requirement: Owning 50% of that area's provinces. That means if you have a state with, say, ten provinces, taking five of those will result in a unification event. A few edge cases remain the same for now.
        - Unifying Yukon was not giving the rewards promised in the intro text, just the cores. Now whoever unifies it will get minerals, manpower and advanced mining tech.
        - Unifying Alaska will now give forts and infra in Burwash Landing, keeping the fortification line cohesive, whereas it had a hole in the middle of it before. This will probably help the Enclave against PSZ.
        - State and Region Unifications requirements have been simplified. Namely, you only need to own 50% or above of that state's area. This has many interesting implications to gameplay. I suspect this might strengthen a few factions and weaken others.
        - Unifications also take longer than before. This is meant to offset their ease. Provisory, will probably change it later.
        - Nevada Unification shall no longer allow Human, Ghoul and Mutant race to be researched. Instead, it will give a large sum of off-map money.
        - Utah Unification revamped, text changed. It will also give a large sum of off-map money.  
        - New Mexico unification revamped, text changed. It will also give a large sum of off-map money from gold and silver mining.
        - Colorado unification revamped, text changed. It gives a sum of off-map money from gold and silver mining.
        - Unification ID numbers fixed.

End_Game.txt:
        - The Tides of War event: VP requirement changed from 170 to 340 VP, in order to account for the extra new map resources and VPs. Otherwise, merely taking one state might trigger it early. Subject to further change in the future.

Rebels.txt

- Switched the marauder revolt on Afton for Flagstaff, due to the location change of X_Marks_The_Spot_Beta.      

Redding:
        - Redding.txt: Wannamingo Dawn is further boosted, to prevent nearby nations from simply anihilating it instantly and taking over. Hell no. The Wannamingo Dawn will NOT be contained that easily!

Spiders.txt:
        - Fixed bug which made AI-only events pop up for human players. Thanks, Dr. Intolerance, for the canny eye.

Texas_Reformed.txt:
        - Fixed bug upon spawn of Texas Reformed.

West_BoS.txt:
        - Fixed event: Fist of the Brotherhood. It will now trigger if you lose your capital, correctly.

Vault_10.txt:

- Changed from Flagstaff to Afton province in Wyoming.

gfx/interface: New Arroyo now has its own unique province graphic.

scenarios/2245:

- Broken_Hills.inc:

- Added more resources.

- Caesar's_Legion.inc:

- Added pre-war hydroelectric facilities of Arizona.

- Added more resources to the parts of Arizona owned by the Legion.

- Den.inc: Added Pre-War Hydroelectric Power facilities of California.
    - East_BoS.inc: Chicago now given fortifications. Bunker Alpha is a thing, after all!
    - Former_USA - Boston.inc: Changed following provinces and their on-map resources, in order to re-balance the FUSA and make it competitive with the Dark Cathedral once again:

province = {
            id = 6471 # Newsport News:
            ic = 3
            energy = 2
            manpower = 1
            points = 2 (+1 for 70% infra)
            }
        province = {
            id = 6472 # Winchester
            ic = 2
            energy = 1
            }  
        province = {
            id = 2690 # Salisbury
            ic = 2
            energy = 1
            rare_materials = 1
            }      
        province = {
            id = 6469 # Petersburg
            ic = 2
            energy = 1
            rare_materials = 1
            }  
        province = {
            id = 6465 # Easton
            ic = 1
            metal = 1
            }  
        province = {
            id = 6467 # Frederick
            ic = 1
            metal = 1
            }  

Gecko.inc:

- Increased Vale's province manpower from 4 to 6, in order to give Gecko a chance to put a bit more of a fight against Vault City.

Hub.inc:

- Added Pre-War Hydroelectrical Facilities. Added extra rares from Atalia Mining District.

Kurtz's_Camp.inc:

- Resource changes.

Installations.inc:

- Power production facilities removed, handed to other files. (internal only)

Navarro.inc:

- Added a few more resources to Eureka province. A few rares and metals.  

NCR.inc:

- Added Pre-War Hydroelectric Facilities.
        - Increased El Portal's manpower to 12. Increased infra from 0.3 to 0.8. Changed ic from 1 to 6. Manpower from 2 to 9. Added 2 levels of landfort. Shady Sands is no longer going to be treated like a podunk town, its going to be a power in itself now. Its the largest and richest city we know in the wasteland.
        - Added more resources.
        - Equal province exchange with the Brotherhood of Steel: Fresno and San Jose for San Luis Obispo and Salinas. This is far more correct and close to canon (lost Hills is located in western Kern county). This change also means the NCR now has more defensive depth against the Brotherhood, but can't surrounded them as much and has less provinces to attack from. NCR did lose a bit of coast, but is also more strategically positioned to fight the Shi.
        - Added a few resources to Fresno and San Jose. Some energy and rares located in teh area. Also, more manpower.

Necropolis.inc:

- Increased rare metals from Atalia Mining District. Many other resource changes.

New_Canaan.inc:

- Resource changes.

Redding.inc:

- Added pre-war hydroelectric power facilities.

New_Reno.inc:

- Added pre-war power facilities, hydro and geothermal. Fixed VPs.

Reservation.inc:

- Added resources, like pre-war power facilities, coal fields, etc.

Shi Empire.inc:

- Added a few resources to Oakland area.

White_Legs.inc:

- Decreased their industry. White Legs are not meant to have much industry. They will be further nerfed in the future and moved to Utah, then the 80s gang will take their place.

- Added more resources, mainly energy.

Wasteland.inc:

- Revamping resource distribution.
            - Redone States:
                - California
                - Nevada
                - Arizona
                - Utah
                - New Mexico
                - Colorado
            - Note: Utah, New Mexico and Colorado use a different, better resource distribution standard. Their resource distribution is better. California, Arizona and Nevada are therefore underpowered.  

- Added Pre-war Hydroelectric facilities of Arizona.

- Gave Afton to X_Marks_The_Spot_Beta and switched it for Flagstaff in exchange.

- West_BOS.inc:
        - Changed Brotherhood's location. Moved them from Fresno and San Jose to San Luis Obispo and Salinas, respectively. This is not a 100% match (that would be Visalia), but its the closest thing to their canon location. This change also means the NCR now has more defensive depth against the Brotherhood, but can't surrounded them as much and has less provinces to attack from.

- Fixed bug that was possibly causing resource issues in one of the BOS' provinces.

- Added a few resources to fix VP calculation of Salinas (formerly San Jose)

- Vipers.inc: Fixed bug that was giving Las Cruces' resources to El Portal. Vipers no longer giving free resources to the NCR lol. Also, Vipers boosted back to their old levels (and here I thought I had nerfed them). Added new resources.

- X_Marks_The_spot_Beta.inc

- Changed from Flagstaff to Afton province in Wyoming.

Attachments

• Pleasing Red Arizona.png
    Pleasing Red Arizona.png
    547,3 KB · Views: 0
  • New Brotherhood Location.png
    New Brotherhood Location.png
    471,3 KB · Views: 0
  • North  California Resources.png
    North California Resources.png
    426,3 KB · Views: 0
  • NorthCal Enhanced.png
    NorthCal Enhanced.png
    387,3 KB · Views: 0
  • South California Resources.png
    South California Resources.png
    456,7 KB · Views: 0
  • SouthCal Enhanced.png
    SouthCal Enhanced.png
    451,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
I love that new unification system. Previously I had to fire unification events via console just because other faction took one province of a state, even if I owned the rest. Now things will be simpler and much, much less iritating.

I love that new unification system. Previously I had to fire unification events via console just because other faction took one province of a state, even if I owned the rest. Now things will be simpler and much, much less iritating.
Yeah, that kind of thing really pissed me off, too. It was too unclear.

Any more opinions? Say, what do you think about the longer Unification time? Too short? Too long? Just right?

Which nation you played with, so far?

Send as much feedback as possible, it will help make the mod better.

Hi! I've been a fan of this mod for a long time and I'm so glad you continue to work on it!

Of the little things I've found so far:
1. San Luis Obispo province doesn't have it's name changed (also checked in province_names.csv)
2. Fresno province's graphic is still the Lost Hills bunkers "ill_prov_763.bmp".

The unification system is great. Played as Enclave, so the first regions to unify were Alaska, Aleutians and Yukon. Aleutians took the longest, but it's fine, considering you have to restore all the fortifications there. Alaska got unified by the time I conquered the whole thing (just because there is nobody to stop you). And Yukon was quite quick to unify. I'd say the changes work quite well.

Also wanted to ask, do you have any plans on adding brigades for carrier air wing? I know they are in game, but there are no techs to activate them.

Thanks again for your work!

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Slaughter
Played the classic 2245 scenario as FUSA, Blue Emu difficulty, Normal aggressiveness, democracies allowed to start wars. A pretty nice run, the hardest part was defeating the Dark Cathedral, after that I took over the East Coast, leading to the endgame war in 2251.

You might be interested in this list of war declarations (pre-endgame war) I extracted from a save file:
name = "0:00 January 10, 2245 : Dark Cathedral declared war upon us!"
name = "0:00 May 16, 2245 : Vault City declared war upon Gecko."
name = "0:00 March 29, 2246 : Mexican Raiders declared war upon NROM."
name = "0:00 September 15, 2246 : Manitou Tribes declared war upon The New Church."
name = "0:00 October 28, 2246 : Beastlords declared war upon The New Church."
name = "0:00 November 12, 2246 : The New Church declared war upon Kansas Free State."
name = "0:00 January 12, 2247 : Spiders declared war upon Manitou Tribes."
name = "0:00 April 4, 2247 : Enclave declared war upon Dead Islands."
name = "0:00 April 11, 2247 : Nuka Cola declared war upon Spiders."
name = "0:00 April 20, 2247 : The Under-Nation declared war upon New Canaan."
name = "0:00 April 26, 2247 : Kurtz's Camp declared war upon New Canaan."
name = "0:00 August 10, 2247 : Mexican Raiders declared war upon Mayan Empire."
name = "0:00 January 2, 2248 : Caesar's Legion declared war upon The New Church."
name = "0:00 January 25, 2248 : Mexican Raiders declared war upon The New Church."
name = "0:00 February 29, 2248 : Caesar's Legion declared war upon Reservation."
name = "0:00 April 1, 2248 : Enclave declared war upon New Arroyo."
name = "0:00 April 4, 2248 : White Legs Tribe declared war upon Reservation."
name = "0:00 April 10, 2248 : Zombie Apocalypse declared war upon The New Church."
name = "0:00 April 12, 2248 : Zombie Apocalypse declared war upon RCC."
name = "0:00 April 15, 2248 : Zombie Apocalypse declared war upon Manitou Tribes."
name = "0:00 April 20, 2248 : Zombie Apocalypse declared war upon us!"
name = "0:00 April 27, 2248 : Broken Hills declared war upon White Legs Tribe."
name = "0:00 April 30, 2248 : Warriors of Ice declared war upon RCC."
name = "0:00 July 7, 2248 : The Huns declared war upon Broken Hills."
name = "0:00 April 1, 2249 : NCR declared war upon Necropolis."
name = "0:00 April 3, 2249 : Vault City declared war upon Broken Hills."
name = "0:00 April 5, 2249 : New Reno declared war upon Vault City."
name = "0:00 April 25, 2249 : East BoS declared war upon Mutant Army."
name = "0:00 May 12, 2249 : Enclave declared war upon Broken Hills."
name = "0:00 May 15, 2249 : Enclave declared war upon Shi Empire."
name = "0:00 May 30, 2249 : The Under-Nation declared war upon Broken Hills."
name = "0:00 August 3, 2249 : Beastlords declared war upon The New Church."
name = "0:00 April 1, 2250 : Kurtz's Camp declared war upon New Canaan."
name = "0:00 May 29, 2250 : The Under-Nation declared war upon Vault City."

I'm actually surprised about the New Church tbh.

Bugs and inconsistencies:
- Calgary's units still have Montenegrin names.
- part 3 of McKane's story references year 1937.
- new nations like Quebec, Calgary, Nuka Cola, New Canaan don't seem to have the endgame choice events.
- there seems to be no event for coring Bermuda.

Suggestions:
- that reference to the HR calendar seems to be the only one left, perhaps it's time to remove the event about it (#40007).
- make Quebec receive RCC's eastern areas like Labrador upon its release.
- change FUSA's old/new name to "United States" or "USA" instead of "United States Of America".
- give Canada and Mexico restoration events similar to FUSA's "American Legacy".
- expand the abbreviated names, I'm pretty sure "New California Republic" and "New Republic of Mexico" won't be really weird.
- convert the unification events to decisions (RP reasons, I released a puppet Mexico but couldn't give them land because the unification event fired too early).

Some other notes:
- the new unification system is working generally well.
- there doesn't seem to be any content for the Galapagos Islands (province #551), it's just... sitting there, even though you can gain ownership. Should probably be removed entirely.
- speaking about Horny and The Warrior leaders, my opinion is that they should be awoken at the end of their respective event chains (the wakeleader command) instead of randomly killing them on a set date if the necessary events haven't fired. If my advice gets implemented, just 2 events would be necessary for them instead of ~160.
- I know it's been around for quite a long time, but wouldn't it be better to name the Chosen One's alliance... something other than "Jihad"? I mean, even the ever-so-overused "Crusaders" seems more plausible than a Muslim Arabic term for a holy war.
- sometimes a country may get its provinces occupied by its enemies or marauders, and then a third country defeats the occupiers and takes the provinces. This may even end up in the original country being occupied by another country they're not even at war with, and stuck forever. This could be solved by adding province events (similar to the annexation ones) which check whether the province is owned, not controlled by the owner, and not controlled by an enemy:
Code:
    owned = { province = X data = -1 }
    control = { province = X data = -1 }
    NOT = { control = { province = X data = -2 } }
and if all of these are true, unconditionally cede (not just give control of) the province to its owner.
Code:
    command = { type = secedeprovince which = -2 value = X when = 2 }
The issue with simply transferring control is that if there're any units present in the province it would get instantly re-occupied (engine shenanigans, don't ask).
- if a country has occupied some Wastelands provinces and not annexed them yet, and gets annexed, the control of said provinces goes back to the Wastelands. Could be solved by adding a regular for-region check of whether Wastelands controls any provinces there:
Code:
    region = { region = "Northeast US" country = -1 value = 1 }
and then giving control of any such provinces to the marauders:
Code:
    command = { type = secederegion which = REB value = "Northeast US" when = 1 }
but that needs to be tested, as the command transfers ownership as well and I'm not sure how that would work with the marauders.

BTW, as you can see, I know a few things about modding, so I can help you with adding and fixing stuff if you want me to.

• 1Like
Reactions: