Fallout's Doomsday 2.5.1.2 for Darkest Hour (latest release: 22-04-2023)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey am I the only one having problems with the Fix 11 download on Mega? I have tried more than 6 times and all I end up with is a Fix11 at zero bytes and a Fix11-1 at 4.5 mb and Mega stuck at 99 per cent. The dl for the whole mod 2.1 went fine event though it still says 2.0 and the checksum is mulk I think. Being back in China I cannot use Media. I have not read anyone else here with probs. Is the file really supposed to be 77mb? Maybe another mirror would help but, I am not sure what other dl sites work here.Any feedback would really be appreciated. I have been waiting a long... time for this to be one dl. Wait can't you just make a complete already patched download like the first one?
delanonne

1) I will see what I can do, I believe I got a dropbox account. I might also use a friend's forum host (vaultbr.com.br - the BR Fallout Forum) with UNLIMITED (or so he says that they say to him) bandwidth. Gotta make a new FODD topic there, btw.

2) Yes, the file is supposed to be 77 (150mb out of the rar) - its bigger because of the map update.

3) I can but downloading 600 mbs is more hassle than 77mb. I plan on making these wholesale downloads only for large version updates.

4) The 2.0 at the title screen? Its because I wans't able to photoshop it yet, I actually plan on changing the titlescreen a bit, I'm not good at photoshop tho so I think I will ask my cousin. Its not actually 2.0 or 2.1 but some in-between version that has subsequently fixed by me and Arcangelus.

I like the mod, but there is a huge amount of end of day lag (like 30 seconds per day) after the marauder events begin...

Edit: never mind it's gone. But with Caesar's Legion the event picture is from 300. A minor complaint I know.

Also is there any way to stop slave revolts? They are becoming a real nuisance.

Game lags after the marauder revolts because the engine can't take so many rebels around, for some reason. It goes down once marauders are all killed.

Picture is subject to change.

AFAIK, you can't stop slave revolts. Just deploy a few rear-guard units. Think of it as a small lock on your expansion. I might have to nerf them, tho.

Any tips with that? I was burning a lot of manpower and not getting the provinces I wanted.

Here's some:

1) Marauder troops suck, they're worse than the worst Irregular you can build. They have a 20% chance of spawning Regulars instead of the normal marauders, tho.

2) AFAIK, marauders don't get manpower reinforcement. So you can just keep slowly killing them until you go for the final blow.

3) Marauder/Partisan AI is unknown (or doesn't even exist), so it does a lot of things a normal AI doesn't. For example, you can have marauder doomstacks sitting still on a spot surrounded by defenseless provinces for months, or keep repeatedly attacking the same stack that beat it before, constantly, or it attacks the first unit that gets near it, etc.

4) Marauder units don't retreat like real nations, they die at defeat. You don't even need to kill them all or encircle, just deplete their org and marauders units disappear. So if you see a lot of small marauder stacks, you can kill them in detail and not be surprised these other stacks didn't move a finger.

5) Over-Command Max penalty has been increased a few patches before. Because AFAIK all marauder commanders are majors, this means that only the first two units don't suffer the Over-Command Max penalty (which I think is 70-80%). That big 30 marauder doomstack sitting there? Its actually more like a 2 + 6 units stack, so you're fighting eight (that look like 30) incredibly dumb marauder units. Don't feel so intimidated by them.

6) Attack from multiple directions to get Enveloping and such bonuses. Encirclement is even better but not strictly necessary. Avoid river terrain attacks, start your attacks so you can get all of day. Move synchronously, except when you really need to race another faction for a province.

7) Your main goal is to create a nice, defensible border that covers as many resources you can without leaving your overstretched and vulnerable. You can always kill the marauders later, but an enemy faction requires a DoW (which means more belligerence, and can't be easily done by some factions).

8) You can actually use the marauders to take land from other factions. Its hard, but sometimes they will cross the border. Or they will keep in your land. Or stay there. Partisan AI is odd (or non-existent).

9) Fast troops really help at early-game expansion - Scouts, vehicles, some attachments increase unit speed (if I remember right - Motorbikes and Pick-Ups - Pick-Ups rock, you can turn your foot infantry army into a mechanized infantry army with them), Mutants are faster if I remember right, Power Armor units are faster as well, etc.

10) Anti-Partisan Duty is better done after you secured your territory, or your units will auto-attack marauders.

11) Irregulars rock for early-game expansion (produce very fast - and have more Org with Traditional Customs government), but Regulars have more firepower.

12) Research a doctrine to boost your org and morale, unless its too far in the year date.

I think I found a bug, I was playing as the FUSA and it would not let me or anyone else take land from the marauders. New Arroyo, can for some reason. And now the Enclave has it, bye bye Arroyo... Oh, and Poler station Zeta was annexed by the Ice Wasteland in less than 1 min. No joke.

You have downloaded the FIX-11 on day 12? If yes, download the misc.txt attached to one of my previous posts and overwrite it in your FODD/db folder, or download FIX-11 again. Its because 1.04 RC1 has a misc.txt setting that checks for giving back neutral territory taken from an enemy country once its not an warzone, and I wrongly activated it.

I did not, I'll go get it now.
Oh, and will it invalidate my saves?

Probably will, sorry, I didn't catch the bug earlier and I had to sleep early that day.

Reactions:
Hey am I the only one having problems with the Fix 11 download on Mega? I have tried more than 6 times and all I end up with is a Fix11 at zero bytes and a Fix11-1 at 4.5 mb and Mega stuck at 99 per cent. The dl for the whole mod 2.1 went fine event though it still says 2.0 and the checksum is mulk I think. Being back in China I cannot use Media. I have not read anyone else here with probs. Is the file really supposed to be 77mb? Maybe another mirror would help but, I am not sure what other dl sites work here.Any feedback would really be appreciated. I have been waiting a long... time for this to be one dl. Wait can't you just make a complete already patched download like the first one?
delanonne

Try this new mirror, delanonne:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kog4up0ipg06565/FIX-11.rar?dl=0

I need to take a look at the whole mod being hosted on dropbox as well, but first I need to see the bandwidth limit it has.

Try this new mirror, delanonne:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kog4up0ipg06565/FIX-11.rar?dl=0

I need to take a look at the whole mod being hosted on dropbox as well, but first I need to see the bandwidth limit it has.

Hey S thanks for the mirror but... Firefox says that the security cert. is not verifiable and IE gave a 404 error after saying the same thing and I chose to go there against their advice. Could someone else check this out please? I do not remember if I have ever used it before. Is 77MB too big for email? I know you can go over the old 10MB limit. Oh and Firefox will not even let you go there hence the attempt on IE which I never use.
delanonne

PS sorry to be a pain.

Hey S thanks for the mirror but... Firefox says that the security cert. is not verifiable and IE gave a 404 error after saying the same thing and I chose to go there against their advice. Could someone else check this out please? I do not remember if I have ever used it before. Is 77MB too big for email? I know you can go over the old 10MB limit. Oh and Firefox will not even let you go there hence the attempt on IE which I never use.
delanonne

PS sorry to be a pain.

Is your computer date correct? My browsers start thinking that security certificates are all out of date if my computer date is wack.

AFAIK, e-mail is very bad for sending things.

delanonne

PS sorry to be a pain.
Hey Delanonne, First off Hello.

Secondly, install chrome, if you can in your country cause chrome unlike Firefox doesn't' have any problems with Dropbox or Mega for downloads and lots of modders use those sites to upload their mods, patches and full games to.
And goodness, i'm not even going to say a lot about IE except don't ever use it. in fact uninstalling Internet explorer will eliminate a lot of potential breaches in your system. I used to have the same problem with firefox and once i switched to chrome i never ever had a download problem. Also, if you don't know you can easily migrate all your firefox bookmarks over to chrome also and most of the best plugins used in firefox already come in chrome.

Hope this helps bud :)

Hey guys, just a little preview of some of the art for factions old and new that I have re-designed.
I was a little unhappy with the quality of a few of my old faction re-models so some of them have been redesigned here and there.
Hope you like them.

White Leg Wasteland Scouts - Canyon Stalkers​
The Canyon Stalkers are expert ambushers and skilled hunters.
Always at the forefront of White Leg war parties, they are provide a great distraction whilst the bulk of the tribals get into position for an assault.

White Leg Apocalyptic Scouts - Canyon Ghosts​
The Canyon Ghosts are skirmishers, well equipped to lay down suppressing fire and to cause disarray to enemy supply lines.

White Leg Advanced Scouts - Canyon Demons​
The Canyon Demons are the most dedicated and devious of the White Legs tribe.
Headhunters amd slave takers, there are often too few survivors of a Demon attack to divulge more information than that.

White Leg Early Irregulars - Bone Breakers​
Bone Breakers form the bulk of early White Leg tribal forces. Armed primarily with close melee weapons such as Mantis Claws, they are a hit and run ambush force.

White Leg Improved Irregulars - Pain Makers​
The Pain Makers comprise throse White Legs skilled, rich or adept at stealing enough to lay their hands on the lethal weapons in the Wasteland melee arsenal. Armed with all manner of blades such as Shiskebabs, they are fully capable of devastating an unwary foe.

White Leg Heavy Irregulars - Storm Drummers​
The Storm Drummers are a late development in the White Legs society, after stumbling across hidden cashes of pre-war firearms; they are a lethal guerilla force in the Utah region.
The 0.45 cal Storm Drum is capable of unleashing a hail of fire, causing even the most well equipped forces to think twice before entering White Leg territory.
The tribe constantly raids and takes captives with the hope of finding new caches to further increase it's power.

Enclave Tank - Repulsor tank​
Based on the Chinese APC found in Anchorage, the Enclave forces have modified and rebuilt the design to something much more versatile and rugged. Whilst the Vertibird production has kept this vehicle only at the prototype stage, it is possible that in the future this fearsome machine will begin to feature more heavily in the Enclave arsenal.
Woe betide those who stand in it's way.

Enclave Advanced Scout - Mark III "Iron" Combat Armor​
The Enclave scientists have long been searching for a way to increase the survivablity of their infantry, without having to resort to the expense and bulk of Power Armor. The Mark III "Iron" Combat Armor integrates advanced ocular technology into the helmet and lightweight poly-carbons provide great protection with minimal weight increases over previous Combat Armor.
It's simpler production methods and construction materials may yet bring it into greater production for the ever increasing needs of the Enclave army.

Vault City Advanced Soldiers​
The Vault City technicians and brightest minds have once more enjoyed great success!
Our glorious nation has created yet more weaponry to protect ourselves from the encroachment of the wasteland.
Advanced Vault Tec blueprints have been harnessed to give our soldiers the finest armor and weaponry, not only will this save our citizens from needless harm but it will allow far more efficient threat removal!

FUSA Power Armored Infantry​
The tattered remnants of the east coast government still yet lays claim to vital supplies of equipment and munitions with which it can reclaim the wastes for the rebirth of democracy.
Advanced T-51 Power Armor equipped some scattered units of the US Army on training exercises when the bombs fell.
Thankfully enough remain in functioning condition today to help prevent the weight of the wasteland from crushing democratic reason.

FUSA Power Armored Scouts​
Contrary to popular belief, there were several parallel production lines of T51 armor, each with slightly differing characteristics.
This model of T-51 Power Armor is a little lighter and more flexible than the more commonly produced and well known models; making it ideal for heavy Recon and Special Forces work.

Reactions:
Is your computer date correct? My browsers start thinking that security certificates are all out of date if my computer date is wack.

AFAIK, e-mail is very bad for sending things.

Hey S thanks but, my date is fine. I am gonna reply to the next guy now. Using email to send attachments is fine. The only question is the size of the attachment. It used to be 10 MB but it is more now. I just do not know the max size you can send. I guess the only way to know is try an attachment of the size of the fix or just try it. I can send you my email in a PM. Do we still have those? Let me check.
delanonne

Hey Delanonne, First off Hello.

Secondly, install chrome, if you can in your country cause chrome unlike Firefox doesn't' have any problems with Dropbox or Mega for downloads and lots of modders use those sites to upload their mods, patches and full games to.
And goodness, i'm not even going to say a lot about IE except don't ever use it. in fact uninstalling Internet explorer will eliminate a lot of potential breaches in your system. I used to have the same problem with firefox and once i switched to chrome i never ever had a download problem. Also, if you don't know you can easily migrate all your firefox bookmarks over to chrome also and most of the best plugins used in firefox already come in chrome.

Hope this helps bud :)

Hey M thanks and I really like Chrome. Unfortunately Google and the PRC gov are in a war with each other for well known reasons. So it and Google are blocked here. This just happened this year. So I do not know. What about Safari or anther browser? I have never tried another one. I hate to be such a pain. This all just started this year. I have been living and working here for the last five years. My wife is Chinese. I just retired recently and my Social Security is just fine for us to live here. It would be Alpo Casserole for dinner if we lived in the States.
delanonne

PS I started a conversation thing (first time) with Slaughter to give him my email.

Yeah drop box won't work in China. Filefront does, MODDB does also.
Perhaps uploading the files to those sites will help those of us who cannot use all these fancy western gadgets.

Slaug,thanks a lot for your great work.This mod looks like a another game.But,im not a fan of Fallout universe,what the tips in a game as Enclave,Caeser legions and former USA?Im like those factions

Hey thanks and great to know. Slaughter you use moddb don't you?
delanonne

I do not have control of the FODD moddb page yet, Sword of Justice was looking into that, but he's a busy guy so it may take some time.

Slaug,thanks a lot for your great work.This mod looks like a another game.But,im not a fan of Fallout universe,what the tips in a game as Enclave,Caeser legions and former USA?Im like those factions

Thanks, Ericafaq! But you should also thanks all the others who did far more work than me (Sword of Justice, Doomtrader, Arcangelus, etc) - look at our credits section. These guys are all great.

If you haven't already, you should really check out the original Fallout games, in proper order. I would say quality level is FO2 > FO1 = FNV > FOT > FO3, but even today there is ongoing debate about it, truly the hallmark of a great series. Fallout 2 is still my favorite RPG. You can ask around the internet on how to start, or send me a PM.

Enclave is easy:

Trait Choice: I think Warlike (faster produced units, better troops, slower research but who cares, you're number 1 already), Secretive (Enclave is good for spying, I think, and you should be able to deal with dissent), Wise (research bonus, combat malus) are ideal. Alluring and Ambitious aren't very useful for you, I think. Cautious I don't think its good either - Enclave is FODD's Germany, you have the initative and you need to keep it all through the game or you're beaten.

Use your Transport Ships to grab all the cool territory ahead of everyone else and make a good defensive line. Then once you have a decent border, get rid of marauders and gain some unit experience. Meanwhile, increase number of convoy ships.

Technologically, you're Number One and your research teams are all top-notch, a blind man could keep the Enclave technologically ahead.

Diplomatically, you can attack a nearby nation or two, but be cautious or you're going to get mobbed in the early game - a war with the Mutant Army, the Shi, New Arroyo and the Ice Warriors all at the same time, in 2247, is going to suck.

You can become the most powerful faction of the West Coast in a few years. I recommend a force of Regulars, Scouts and vehicles, supported by a fleet of vertibirds or helicopers - Zeps are nice but too manpower-intensive, and your research doesn't lead you that way. Your fleet is the most powerful in the game, I think it will take like a decade before you need to make more ships.

Your main weakness is your low manpower - this is going to hurt you if you have to fight high manpower juggernauts like FUSA, or Robots.

Keep tabs on the political situation worldwide, both west and east. Game gets easier (I think) if FUSA is taken out (which it probably will).

Caesar's Legion... you know, it has been a long time since I played them. My main suggestion is NOT to be dumb like the AI and attack NCR early-on. Instead, get more critical mass by conquest (say, Vipers, Mexican Raiders, Reservation, maybe New Church, Kansas or Reavers...), because NCR is a tough nut to crack - small front, powerful army, high IC. If FUSA gets taken out, NCR becomes leader of the American Unity alliance, so keep in mind that by the 2250s you're going to get a lot more enemies if you attack them. Also, always account for Hub and the Shi Empire - they ally frequently with NCR. You can also puppet Reservation so they become a neutral puppet-shield from the north - they won't turn on you in the end war, I think.

FUSA is hard at beginning, easy at the rest. You need to destroy DC's troops and defeat them quickly before the Junkers overwhelm you from the west flank, put a few units when you can spare into good defensive positions facing Junkers. Alternatively, disregard Dark Cathedral and remove Junkers from the board first (hard, they're compacted well). Remember, you have a navy and an air force, use them well.

I do not have control of the FODD moddb page yet, Sword of Justice was looking into that, but he's a busy guy so it may take some time.

Thanks, Ericafaq! But you should also thanks all the others who did far more work than me (Sword of Justice, Doomtrader, Arcangelus, etc) - look at our credits section. These guys are all great.

If you haven't already, you should really check out the original Fallout games, in proper order. I would say quality level is FO2 > FO1 = FNV > FOT > FO3, but even today there is ongoing debate about it, truly the hallmark of a great series. Fallout 2 is still my favorite RPG. You can ask around the internet on how to start, or send me a PM.

Enclave is easy:

Trait Choice: I think Warlike (faster produced units, better troops, slower research but who cares, you're number 1 already), Secretive (Enclave is good for spying, I think, and you should be able to deal with dissent), Wise (research bonus, combat malus) are ideal. Alluring and Ambitious aren't very useful for you, I think. Cautious I don't think its good either - Enclave is FODD's Germany, you have the initative and you need to keep it all through the game or you're beaten.

Use your Transport Ships to grab all the cool territory ahead of everyone else and make a good defensive line. Then once you have a decent border, get rid of marauders and gain some unit experience. Meanwhile, increase number of convoy ships.

Technologically, you're Number One and your research teams are all top-notch, a blind man could keep the Enclave technologically ahead.

Diplomatically, you can attack a nearby nation or two, but be cautious or you're going to get mobbed in the early game - a war with the Mutant Army, the Shi, New Arroyo and the Ice Warriors all at the same time, in 2247, is going to suck.

You can become the most powerful faction of the West Coast in a few years. I recommend a force of Regulars, Scouts and vehicles, supported by a fleet of vertibirds or helicopers - Zeps are nice but too manpower-intensive, and your research doesn't lead you that way. Your fleet is the most powerful in the game, I think it will take like a decade before you need to make more ships.

Your main weakness is your low manpower - this is going to hurt you if you have to fight high manpower juggernauts like FUSA, or Robots.

Keep tabs on the political situation worldwide, both west and east. Game gets easier (I think) if FUSA is taken out (which it probably will).

Caesar's Legion... you know, it has been a long time since I played them. My main suggestion is NOT to be dumb like the AI and attack NCR early-on. Instead, get more critical mass by conquest (say, Vipers, Mexican Raiders, Reservation, maybe New Church, Kansas or Reavers...), because NCR is a tough nut to crack - small front, powerful army, high IC. If FUSA gets taken out, NCR becomes leader of the American Unity alliance, so keep in mind that by the 2250s you're going to get a lot more enemies if you attack them. Also, always account for Hub and the Shi Empire - they ally frequently with NCR. You can also puppet Reservation so they become a neutral puppet-shield from the north - they won't turn on you in the end war, I think.

FUSA is hard at beginning, easy at the rest. You need to destroy DC's troops and defeat them quickly before the Junkers overwhelm you from the west flank, put a few units when you can spare into good defensive positions facing Junkers. Alternatively, disregard Dark Cathedral and remove Junkers from the board first (hard, they're compacted well). Remember, you have a navy and an air force, use them well.

Hey S thanks for trying the email thing. No luck there. I guess Filefront is the last hope or maybe I should email Pete. I have not talked to him for quite a while.
delanonne

In regards to Caesar's legion, expanding eastward is a much better option. Far more IC and resources to be gained out east that aren't nearly as hard to gain as the NCR's, though do make sure the border there is under watch, they'll happily invade you as you're expanding. A little disappointed that there's no events for them conquering rome and holding it though :p

Don't mind if I share my thoughts on the EBoS here, as well as a few tips of my own?