Failing Quests/Lost Critical Building

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hammo273

Recruit
Mar 27, 2021
Quick question: I am failing a few quests at different times because it comes up 'lost critical building'. What does that mean, and if iv'e failed a quest because of this does that mean i can no longer ever do the quest?

Also how am i supposed to know when 'Lost critical building' is going to appear.

This happens if you've "closed" a racket, due to suspicion for some time and did not re-open.
It happened to me, I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Turned out, the actual Quest was to take place in one of the rackets I had previously closed and forgot to reopen.

That being said, before triggering any quest, check that all your rackets are open and fine.

Devs : A prompt window that tells us "your racket is currently closed, you cannot pursue this quest for now".
Rather than instantly flag our quest as "Failed", would be handy.

Quick question: I am failing a few quests at different times because it comes up 'lost critical building'. What does that mean, and if iv'e failed a quest because of this does that mean i can no longer ever do the quest?

Also how am i supposed to know when 'Lost critical building' is going to appear.
When a mission is first started, if it involves visiting one of your own rackets at some point it will randomly select a racket for that mission. If that racket is lost to another faction, or sold, before you have visited it you will no longer be able to complete the mission. The only way to avoid this is to complete the mission before the racket is lost.

I had a problem like this.
The racket that I had to go to was from a faction I was at war with. My ally started the war and I joined, so I couldn't peace out and the racket was too big to take.
Some time later I got the message 'lost critical building'

bad luck, I guess...

I had a problem like this.
The racket that I had to go to was from a faction I was at war with. My ally started the war and I joined, so I couldn't peace out and the racket was too big to take.
Some time later I got the message 'lost critical building'

bad luck, I guess...
nope, bad programming. There would be ways to make this feel less like a bug and more like something real happened. Instead of losing the mission, maybe it should spawn a different mission related to the event. Or have a different message "Dan OBrien killed in mob attack" or whatever, theres a million things they could have done. They either didnt care, which seems unlikely since its a great game and paradox usually makes immersive stuff, or they just didnt know about it, and with all the other bugs in this mess, i would go with the latter. They really rolled this out on xbox so smoothly!!! lol