Faerûn - Forgotten Realms, Dungeons and Dragons mod - Open Beta [0.7.0 03/06/2023] on GitHub and Steam Workshop!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You have implemented an exciting project, friends. I really like the interface of your game. I have a few questions. I also recently started creating a game based on D&D with my team, and we have a clear goal, some ideas that we want to implement. But there are problems with writing code, but I think we will solve this problem. I also have a question about the plot. Do you have it, or did you just create a game without a story without the characters' motivation? You have inspired my team with new ideas, guys. You are well done! However, we will need to read more about spells in D&D dndguide.net.

Last edited:
Finally got around to playing the July 17 experimental version.

Some bugs, comments, and suggestions, this time mostly related to Zakhara:

- The Rahat event chain has a bunch of localization issues (e.g. being rendered as Ramadan in quite a few places). A few that I came across can be found below, and there might be others.

ck2_1.png

ck2_2.png

ck2_3.png
ck2_4.png

ck2_5.png

ck2_6.png

ck2_7.png

ck2_8.png

ck2_26.png

- The tech setup has some notable side-effects. For example, this one-county realm managed to enforce terms on a much stronger realm (my vassal) because they didn't have any ships. I also had to end a revolt using the console since I didn't have ships to reach one of the revolters and they didn't have ships to reach me (at 77 % warscore in my favour due to sieging down and fighting the rebels I could reach I didn't really feel a white peace was remotely reasonable...). There also isn't a "Conscript merchant ships" decision available, so it is extra noticeable.

ck2_9.png

- I checked what was going on elsewhere in the world and found a Feudal realm that really should have been Nomadic Tribal (the character in question only holds one holding personally, which is the tribal holding shown).

ck2_10.png

- A couple of honorary titles mention Islam/Muslims.

ck2_11.png

ck2_12.png

- I got an event that mentioned having gone on the Hajj. Regardless of whether there's something equivalent that'd work as a replacement or not, I most definitely didn't have any traits indicating I had gone on it.

ck2_13.png

- It's possible this is a local issue (I'll try to remember to check next time I launch the mod as I've now deleted the gfx directory to ensure it definitely reloads), but CoAs are messed up for me (there are several examples in the screenshot below, and I suspect there are issues in the rest too; I can't recognize too many CoAs at a glance, however, so some might be correct). You might have forgotten to add one or more new ones when adding new titles.

ck2_14.png

- One of my vassals (that previously held Qudra; I revoked that following a revolt he was part of) somehow came to control one of the Mamluk companies, meaning I now have a vassal merc company. No idea what happened, but it seems unintentional. If it helps, the revolt leader (not the guy that ended up being a merc) was led by the Pantheist League.

ck2_17.png

- There's a very noticeable PROV2378 localized as such. Given the name's placement, I suspect there possibly are stray pixels.

ck2_18.png

- The Brotherhood of the Everlasting refers to "The Assassins" in several places.

ck2_19.png

ck2_20.png

- Anyone I give a title seems to default to Agnatic Open. My realm and the starting vassals are/were True Cognatic Open. I feel that it should be defaulting to that.

ck2_21.png

- The Brotherhood of the Everlasting asks me to spread the Shia faith, and speaks of Allah.

ck2_22.png

- Though I've never seen them use it, it seems Monster Mobs have access to the Monster Extermination CB. That seems unintentional.

ck2_24.png

- Related suggestion for Monster Mobs: Maybe it'd be a good idea to give them their own tribal government? That'd both make them easy to spot on the Government map and would mean that they easily can be made ineligible for things that check for tribal_government.

- More Shia and Allah related to the Brotherhood of the Everlasting.

ck2_25.png

- Vanilla bug: My female ruler -- who does not have any trait indicating she'd be attracted to women -- gets Decadence because she apparently has lots of women around for "carnal pleasures of the flesh"...

ck2_28.png

- Found at least one adult having a child portrait, this time a shield dwarf.

ck2_29.png

- The Decadent trait mentions Muslims.

ck2_31.png

- soft_death is still a thing.

ck2_32.png

- Overall, the piety cost for changing laws seem rather expensive. Yes, it uses the vanilla values, but in vanilla you can most likely wage holy wars that don't cost piety pretty frequently and thus trivially gain the required piety. Maybe halving the cost or something would be good, or adding an inherent monthly piety gain (similar to e.g. vanilla Chinese Imperial) to the Enlightened government (and possibly other relevant governments).

- Unsure if it is a bug or intentional: Zakharans have access to Gavelkind (and related factions and "Demand Gavelkind" targeted decisions).

- Epidemics appear to have been fixed, as there's no longer dozens that are nowhere to be found.

- Unsure if a bug, but I don't think I got any events not tied to joining/taking decisions/missions as part of the Brotherhood of the Everlasting.

- I don't recall getting any events regarding Netheril/the King of Shadows/etc. It's possible that's due to being out of range, but I've been notified of a few people deciding to go Nomadic Tribal even further away, so...

- While the connection between holding density and population of course isn't the same everywhere even in vanilla, it feels like at least Huzuz is underdeveloped as it starts with fewer pre-built holdings than Suzail (and lower tech, I believe) despite the wiki putting the lower bound for the estimate of the population of Huzuz at nearly twenty times that of Suzail (for dates less than a decade apart).

- It feels like there probably could be some flavour concerning the genies (and genasi) that are present in Zakhara, whether just mentions in events or stuff involving any that are present as rulers or courtiers. Right now, they are "just there", and I only noticed some genies when I noticed an unfamiliar racial trait on a ruler.

- I have no idea what the numbers should be, but I feel like I'm getting a lot of goblin/orc/half-orc/hobgoblin characters (and not only as a result of existing ones having children). Granted, I played a lot of games in Cormyr in the past, which isn't really a place they'd be common in from what I understand, and I don't really know what the demographics should be (a quick search didn't result in anything), so things could be just as they should be...

- Shou Lung entered an expansionist phase at some point, but I didn't get notified of that or anything else going on there. It feels like Zakhara should be close enough to get status updates, regardless of whether they're in immediate danger or not.

- It feels a bit odd that there are no bloodlines or Great Works in Zakhara. Though I'd say I'm somewhat biased in favour of him as I started as him, the Caliph seems like a good candidate for a bloodline (or a Sayyid-style trait, but a bloodline seems nicer) since he's a canon character and has a couple of ancestors around, and looking at the wiki the Palace of the Enlightened Throne/Palace of the Grand Caliph/Seat of the Great Lion seems like it'd be a nice starting Great Work (and it could probably be largely copy-pasted from the generic Royal Palace). The Pantheist League's starting ruler could potentially also get a bloodline (or trait). I also didn't notice anyone with an artefact, though that's somewhat harder to check for.

- On the whole, the starting setup for Zakhara feels a bit weird from a gameplay standpoint. The empire starts like a fairly large blob (and the Caliph has a few tributaries on top of that) with plenty of tiny realms around it that it has CBs on (lots of de jure claims, for one thing), so the AI or a careless player will probably declare war on someone pretty much right away, and the target is unlikely to be in a position to put up much of a fight. However, at the same time it's got a bunch of wrong religion vassals and potentially uppity same religion ones, a rather small number of possible heirs (I believe it was the Caliph, two uncles, and a cousin at the start, with the uncles being pretty old) and two of them being claimants (the uncles), a fully depowered council (meaning everyone can join factions unless you get an NAP somehow), no ability to revoke stuff until you pass a law (for 100 piety), not enough money to consolidate vassals quickly (you have a couple of dukes and kings to give stuff, but as they aren't the most loyal you might not want to do that), and a fairly small and undeveloped demesne for the Caliph (and, though he's not terrible, he's not amazing either), so unless you move carefully it all might come crumbling down.

I don't really have much knowledge of the canon situation, so maybe it is intentional, but it feels like Zakhara both is an area where playing one of the smaller (one/two county) realms is effectively impossible (because chances are the Caliph will come for you relatively quickly and (once he passes the relevant law) will revoke your title if you are tribal and don't share his religion) and a place where the Caliph really needs to fix his realm in short order (using one option or another) to avoid things going horribly wrong in one or several different fashions (which might not save the smaller realms). If the smaller realms are meant to be safer, maybe breaking up the Zakhara blob a bit more (possibly with more people as tributaries) is a good idea, which also would help with the civil war issue a bit. If Zakhara is meant to be less prone to collapse, then maybe the starting Caliph needs to be a bit better or needs to be in a better position to fix things (e.g. maybe the Pantheist League's de jure vassals could be under the Caliph so that he could get an opinion boost simply by transferring them). For what it's worth, I didn't mind the free land I could grab and managed to deal with the internal trouble easily enough (aside from the aforementioned war I had to end with the console because of the lack of ships), so it doesn't necessarily need to be changed, but it felt worth bringing it up.

- Somewhat related to the above: The ability to freely revoke tribal titles from rulers with other religions is perhaps not ideal, since that means even tolerant religions will look at religions they should tolerate and go "Time to revoke!". Maybe the tribal government needs to be split a bit based on religion so that revokation can be limited based on that (e.g. all Zakharan tribals not being free for Enlightened, but various Drow tribes being fair game)?

Finally, I have to bring up Decadence as something I think is a pretty big problem. Now, I've never been fond of it in CK2 to begin with (even if the current implementation is way better than what we had when Sword of Islam launched), so you probably want to take this with a grain of salt, but even if I ignore the issues I have with it in vanilla I feel there are a bunch of issues in this mod:

- Normally, Decadence is meant to balance out the Muslim CBs -- holy wars against everyone that doesn't have the same religion, county conquests, invasions, Caliphal subjugations, Jihads -- which are rather powerful and which help deal with Decadence both by letting you lose it in battles, by letting you get land to give to your relatives to avoid them becoming Decadent (even if that might backfire when they have children that become Decadent...), and by letting you get a bunch of piety that you can use to ask people to straighten up. Unless I'm missing something, most of those CBs aren't a thing, and the only one that's left -- holy wars -- is a lot more restrictive since they are on a timer, require piety to use, and only are available against a relatively small number of faiths. This makes it much harder to deal with Decadence, particularly if you don't have easy access to other CBs (I opt out of the JD ones since I find them too blobby) you can use to just farm battle piety/battle Decadence loss. Several of the named CBs are also especially good for Decadence loss, since they explicitly affect it as part of the peace treaty (e.g. the Muslim Invasion CB has participation_scaled_decadence = -20 if you enforce demands).

- Related to this, you'll not be defending against holy wars (or crusades, or invasions, etc.) very frequently -- whether as an ally or as the main defender -- or joining others as an ally in an offensive one since of course nobody else is likely to wage such wars and thus don't get the normal piety off of that.

- There's no equivalent of the vanilla Sunni school blocking Decadence, you don't lose it on the Hajj since that's not a thing and also don't get piety from the Hajj/being a Hajjaj, and you can't get the Mujahid trait (since there are no Jihads), again making it harder to deal with.

- There's no holy order to send people to to keep them from being Decadent or to get piety off of a dynasty member being in charge.

- Though it's been a good while since I played a Muslim game, it feels like the baseline piety gain overall is quite low, which makes the 100 piety cost to ask someone to straighten up rather problematic if you don't happen to have a ton of piety ready (I elected to tyrannically imprison one of my relatives when he became Decadent since it'd have taken me about four years (during which I'd have gained a good amount of Decadence off of him alone) to get the required piety to ask him to straighten up unless I somehow could have found a holy war to join... and the AI wouldn't know to do that). This might partially be due to low tech and thus a lack of buildings that give piety.

- Religious title revokation does not seem to make revokation free against other Zakharan faiths (I suspect that's due to hostile_within_group = no and that that's an intentional design choice), meaning that it's harder to free up titles to grant to your dynasty -- particularly for the AI, as it rarely decides to be a tyrant and rarely can handle the consequences if it does -- and thus harder to deal with Decadence through landing people (and since you also start with low tech and have to get piety to pass two (at least as Zakhara) laws before you have religious revokation it's not necessarily easy to revoke any non-Zakharan faith vassals either).

Personally, I'd suggest cutting Decadence entirely (possibly changing the Decadent trait to be way worse -- e.g. negative vassal opinion/morale/taxes -- and possible to obtain without uses_decadence = yes so that bad rulers still get punished but the dynasty doesn't risk imploding from it if it's just some random person...) since it feels like the things it is a trade-off for in vanilla (mainly extra CBs) just aren't there, making it effectively a punishment for no reason (particularly since the Alzhedo (sp?) faith has Open Succession and polygamy but no Decadence (they lack the Enlightened government, but I don't feel that is good enough to warrant Decadence)...), but as I mentioned above I don't like it in the first place. If it's desirable to keep it then at least lowering the gain, making it cheaper to ask people to straighten up, and the like seems prudent, since it definitely is harder to manage than in vanilla.

Reactions:
Finally got around to playing the July 17 experimental version.
Thank you for your helpful feedback, as always!
Some bugs, comments, and suggestions, this time mostly related to Zakhara:

- The Rahat event chain has a bunch of localization issues (e.g. being rendered as Ramadan in quite a few places). A few that I came across can be found below, and there might be others.
That's my bad - I did most of the localisation for Rahat, and I clearly missed a bunch of places. It won't be fixed in the imminent experimental release, but I hope to have it done in the one after that. Also, Zakhara uses a solar calendar, not a lunar one, so the timing conditions for Rahat need to be changed.
- The tech setup has some notable side-effects. For example, this one-county realm managed to enforce terms on a much stronger realm (my vassal) because they didn't have any ships. I also had to end a revolt using the console since I didn't have ships to reach one of the revolters and they didn't have ships to reach me (at 77 % warscore in my favour due to sieging down and fighting the rebels I could reach I didn't really feel a white peace was remotely reasonable...). There also isn't a "Conscript merchant ships" decision available, so it is extra noticeable.
- I checked what was going on elsewhere in the world and found a Feudal realm that really should have been Nomadic Tribal (the character in question only holds one holding personally, which is the tribal holding shown).
We'll have another look at the consequences of the tech setup.

- A couple of honorary titles mention Islam/Muslims.
We're still catching these. Thanks for the update.

- I got an event that mentioned having gone on the Hajj. Regardless of whether there's something equivalent that'd work as a replacement or not, I most definitely didn't have any traits indicating I had gone on it.
This needs revision, rather like Rahat. We need to overhaul pilgrimages generally, but it's not a very high priority right now.
- It's possible this is a local issue (I'll try to remember to check next time I launch the mod as I've now deleted the gfx directory to ensure it definitely reloads), but CoAs are messed up for me (there are several examples in the screenshot below, and I suspect there are issues in the rest too; I can't recognize too many CoAs at a glance, however, so some might be correct). You might have forgotten to add one or more new ones when adding new titles.
We've recently added some more titles; we are in the process of realigning the CoAs.
- One of my vassals (that previously held Qudra; I revoked that following a revolt he was part of) somehow came to control one of the Mamluk companies, meaning I now have a vassal merc company. No idea what happened, but it seems unintentional. If it helps, the revolt leader (not the guy that ended up being a merc) was led by the Pantheist League.
I think that's partly intentional - Qudra is core Mamluk territory. But the Pantheists have their own Mamluk society, and personally I don't feel the others should be queuing up to work for them. We'll have another look at how the Mamluk companies are distributed and organised.
- There's a very noticeable PROV2378 localized as such. Given the name's placement, I suspect there possibly are stray pixels.
I think this is fixed in the latest experimental. If not, it will be done in the next one.
- The Brotherhood of the Everlasting refers to "The Assassins" in several places.
That's intentional. Of all the Holy Slayer fellowships, the Everlasting are the ones most often referred to as the Assassins.
- Anyone I give a title seems to default to Agnatic Open. My realm and the starting vassals are/were True Cognatic Open. I feel that it should be defaulting to that.
We'll look into this.
- The Brotherhood of the Everlasting asks me to spread the Shia faith, and speaks of Allah.
That's an oversight. It should be Qisma'ite and Fate, respectively.
- Though I've never seen them use it, it seems Monster Mobs have access to the Monster Extermination CB. That seems unintentional.

- Related suggestion for Monster Mobs: Maybe it'd be a good idea to give them their own tribal government? That'd both make them easy to spot on the Government map and would mean that they easily can be made ineligible for things that check for tribal_government.
That's an interesting suggestion. We're trying to avoid proliferating government types too much, but this is a promising possibility.
- Vanilla bug: My female ruler -- who does not have any trait indicating she'd be attracted to women -- gets Decadence because she apparently has lots of women around for "carnal pleasures of the flesh"...
We might be able to fix this using one of our new scripted triggers. We'll look again at Decadence in general, too, as you suggest.
- Found at least one adult having a child portrait, this time a shield dwarf.
This looks like an unfixed example of a known issue. We'll check it out.
- soft_death is still a thing.
I'll fix this in a future experimental.
- Overall, the piety cost for changing laws seem rather expensive. Yes, it uses the vanilla values, but in vanilla you can most likely wage holy wars that don't cost piety pretty frequently and thus trivially gain the required piety. Maybe halving the cost or something would be good, or adding an inherent monthly piety gain (similar to e.g. vanilla Chinese Imperial) to the Enlightened government (and possibly other relevant governments).
That's worth looking into.
- Unsure if it is a bug or intentional: Zakharans have access to Gavelkind (and related factions and "Demand Gavelkind" targeted decisions).
That's unintended. We'll look into it.
- Unsure if a bug, but I don't think I got any events not tied to joining/taking decisions/missions as part of the Brotherhood of the Everlasting.
There may be a trigger issue here. We'll look into it.
- While the connection between holding density and population of course isn't the same everywhere even in vanilla, it feels like at least Huzuz is underdeveloped as it starts with fewer pre-built holdings than Suzail (and lower tech, I believe) despite the wiki putting the lower bound for the estimate of the population of Huzuz at nearly twenty times that of Suzail (for dates less than a decade apart).
Huzuz should be comparable with Waterdeep and Calimport. I'll check.

- It feels like there probably could be some flavour concerning the genies (and genasi) that are present in Zakhara, whether just mentions in events or stuff involving any that are present as rulers or courtiers. Right now, they are "just there", and I only noticed some genies when I noticed an unfamiliar racial trait on a ruler.
This is on my medium-range 'to do' list. There are a lot of genie courtiers that I still have to add, and we should add some flavour events for genies, Zakharan giants, and celestials.
- I have no idea what the numbers should be, but I feel like I'm getting a lot of goblin/orc/half-orc/hobgoblin characters (and not only as a result of existing ones having children). Granted, I played a lot of games in Cormyr in the past, which isn't really a place they'd be common in from what I understand, and I don't really know what the demographics should be (a quick search didn't result in anything), so things could be just as they should be...
Zakhara's demographics are wildly cosmopolitan. Orcs and half-orcs are integrated into society, as are hobgoblins and goblins to a lesser extent.
- Shou Lung entered an expansionist phase at some point, but I didn't get notified of that or anything else going on there. It feels like Zakhara should be close enough to get status updates, regardless of whether they're in immediate danger or not.
I wonder if it's possible to put Huzuz, Waterdeep, and Calimport specifically to be always within notification range of Shou Lung? I'll check.
- It feels a bit odd that there are no bloodlines or Great Works in Zakhara. Though I'd say I'm somewhat biased in favour of him as I started as him, the Caliph seems like a good candidate for a bloodline (or a Sayyid-style trait, but a bloodline seems nicer) since he's a canon character and has a couple of ancestors around, and looking at the wiki the Palace of the Enlightened Throne/Palace of the Grand Caliph/Seat of the Great Lion seems like it'd be a nice starting Great Work (and it could probably be largely copy-pasted from the generic Royal Palace). The Pantheist League's starting ruler could potentially also get a bloodline (or trait). I also didn't notice anyone with an artefact, though that's somewhat harder to check for.
- There should be bloodlines for the First Caliph, Exanaroth the Unifier, and the ancient kings of Muluk. We haven't added them yet, though. Once I have added Caliphs back to the First Caliph, we'll add them. There will also be triggered bloodlines related to the Geomancers plot once it's set up.
- The centre of Huzuz should absolutely be a Great Work, as it's the equivalent of both Mecca and Baghdad in vanilla.
- I'll be doing another pass at artefacts after finishing the next character history pass.
- On the whole, the starting setup for Zakhara feels a bit weird from a gameplay standpoint. The empire starts like a fairly large blob (and the Caliph has a few tributaries on top of that) with plenty of tiny realms around it that it has CBs on (lots of de jure claims, for one thing), so the AI or a careless player will probably declare war on someone pretty much right away, and the target is unlikely to be in a position to put up much of a fight. However, at the same time it's got a bunch of wrong religion vassals and potentially uppity same religion ones, a rather small number of possible heirs (I believe it was the Caliph, two uncles, and a cousin at the start, with the uncles being pretty old) and two of them being claimants (the uncles), a fully depowered council (meaning everyone can join factions unless you get an NAP somehow), no ability to revoke stuff until you pass a law (for 100 piety), not enough money to consolidate vassals quickly (you have a couple of dukes and kings to give stuff, but as they aren't the most loyal you might not want to do that), and a fairly small and undeveloped demesne for the Caliph (and, though he's not terrible, he's not amazing either), so unless you move carefully it all might come crumbling down.

I don't really have much knowledge of the canon situation, so maybe it is intentional, but it feels like Zakhara both is an area where playing one of the smaller (one/two county) realms is effectively impossible (because chances are the Caliph will come for you relatively quickly and (once he passes the relevant law) will revoke your title if you are tribal and don't share his religion) and a place where the Caliph really needs to fix his realm in short order (using one option or another) to avoid things going horribly wrong in one or several different fashions (which might not save the smaller realms). If the smaller realms are meant to be safer, maybe breaking up the Zakhara blob a bit more (possibly with more people as tributaries) is a good idea, which also would help with the civil war issue a bit. If Zakhara is meant to be less prone to collapse, then maybe the starting Caliph needs to be a bit better or needs to be in a better position to fix things (e.g. maybe the Pantheist League's de jure vassals could be under the Caliph so that he could get an opinion boost simply by transferring them). For what it's worth, I didn't mind the free land I could grab and managed to deal with the internal trouble easily enough (aside from the aforementioned war I had to end with the console because of the lack of ships), so it doesn't necessarily need to be changed, but it felt worth bringing it up.
The Caliph's lack of successors is intentional; it's one of the main metaplot elements in Land of Fate. The suggestion about the Pantheist Emir's de jure vassals is a good one, and I may take it. We'll look into the other issues. One thing that's intended, but not yet implemented, is the full Grand Caliph role. It's intended that this should be a separate king-tier role, and that under certain conditions, the Qisma'ite Caliph, the Pantheist Emir, the Muhjari Caliph, and the (usually uncreated) Myriadic Imam should be able to claim it, giving them authority over the others for certain purposes.
- Somewhat related to the above: The ability to freely revoke tribal titles from rulers with other religions is perhaps not ideal, since that means even tolerant religions will look at religions they should tolerate and go "Time to revoke!". Maybe the tribal government needs to be split a bit based on religion so that revokation can be limited based on that (e.g. all Zakharan tribals not being free for Enlightened, but various Drow tribes being fair game)?
Ideally, the Grand Caliph should be prevented from religious revocations of people in his own religious group.
- There's no holy order to send people to to keep them from being Decadent or to get piety off of a dynasty member being in charge.
If we keep Decadence, we will ensure there's a Holy Slayer fellowship or Mamluk company to do this.

nd

Reactions:
More stuff from the July 17 experimental (I know there's a new one; it was released as I was playing):

- CoAs remained messed up after clearing out the graphics cache, and it seems dynasty CoAs also are messed up to at least some extent (I'm pretty sure the Obarskyrs have had a fancy custom one in the past...)

ck2_1.png

- A Nomadic Tribal ruler has been pretty successful with grabbing tributaries. Maybe Nomadic Tribals should be restricted to going after people that border them or their tributaries, since it feels a bit odd for them to go after overseas people (there's an indirect land path to Sembia and Turmish for this nomad, but still...)

ck2_2.png

- I didn't notice it before, but all Magocracies appear to be gone for no clear reason.

ck2_3.png

- Tabot is still (once more?) turning into a (playable) Theocracy instead of remaining Monastic Feudal.

ck2_4.png

- Something I've not noticed in the past: The Monster Extermination CB's tooltip could probably be cleaned up, since knowing you're "killing" the Monster Mobs is rather unimportant (and definitely could be wrapped in a custom_tooltip that just shows "All Monster Mobs in X are killed").

ck2_7.png

- Various economy tech levels show a bunch of nobuildings. I believe there are more for higher tech levels.

ck2_8.png
ck2_9.png
ck2_11.png

- I randomly got this event about memorizing the Quran. I didn't get any of the other events in the Hafiz event chain (which I suspect this is from), and I don't have any relevant traits (Scholar, Theologian, etc.), so it's both odd that it fires and incorrectly localized.

ck2_13.png

- Part of the reward for forging a bloodine was a helmet that I'm not going to be eligible for without jumping through a ton of hoops.

ck2_14.png

- NOT_ANY_ELF_FRIEND_STARTS, plus an incredibly long tooltip.

ck2_15.png

- This event has no localization, and I have no idea what they expected me to do.

ck2_16.png

- I noticed that the Nogari and Jazari pagans use the Norse-style CoA frames. Maybe they should be switched to e.g. the African ones, since the Norse look feels rather odd in/near Zakhara (even with a few not-Vikings in the Eastern Kingdoms).

- The Nomadic Tribal realms around starting Yaïmunnahar have gone crazy with governments.

ck2_19.png

- Didn't notice this before, but the Enlightened description still mentions Iqta.

ck2_21.png

Attachments

• ck2_10.png
    ck2_10.png
    4,1 MB · Views: 0
  • ck2_12.png
    ck2_12.png
Reactions:
Thanks for the reports. Magocracy was intentionally removed because it was causing way too many bugs. Its only features were the succession laws, who are now available for other governments.

More stuff from the July 17 experimental (I know there's a new one; it was released as I was playing):

- A Nomadic Tribal ruler has been pretty successful with grabbing tributaries. Maybe Nomadic Tribals should be restricted to going after people that border them or their tributaries, since it feels a bit odd for them to go after overseas people (there's an indirect land path to Sembia and Turmish for this nomad, but still...)
We'll look into this. I'd noticed something similar, with the Shadi'ar Ala-min making the Zhentarim into a tributary.
- Tabot is still (once more?) turning into a (playable) Theocracy instead of remaining Monastic Feudal.
Can you check the culture, species, class, and tier of the top holder of Tabot when this happens, please?
- Something I've not noticed in the past: The Monster Extermination CB's tooltip could probably be cleaned up, since knowing you're "killing" the Monster Mobs is rather unimportant (and definitely could be wrapped in a custom_tooltip that just shows "All Monster Mobs in X are killed").
I'm no expert on custom tooltips myself, but we can have a look.
- Various economy tech levels show a bunch of nobuildings. I believe there are more for higher tech levels.
This is clearly an error. We'll have a look.
- I randomly got this event about memorizing the Quran. I didn't get any of the other events in the Hafiz event chain (which I suspect this is from), and I don't have any relevant traits (Scholar, Theologian, etc.), so it's both odd that it fires and incorrectly localized.
The Zakharan faiths don't have an analogue for the Hafiz tradition, so this is almost certainly due to a typo in an event definition.
- Part of the reward for forging a bloodine was a helmet that I'm not going to be eligible for without jumping through a ton of hoops.
I suspect that that condition was set before the major religion overhaul, and not fixed afterwards. We'll see if it can be updated to respond to the PC's own faith.
- NOT_ANY_ELF_FRIEND_STARTS, plus an incredibly long tooltip.
Good grief. However, humans should probably be ineligible to join the Eldreth Veluuthra in the first place.
- This event has no localization, and I have no idea what they expected me to do.
Olrox will know. We're trying to polish our existing societies and introduce a few more.
- I noticed that the Nogari and Jazari pagans use the Norse-style CoA frames. Maybe they should be switched to e.g. the African ones, since the Norse look feels rather odd in/near Zakhara (even with a few not-Vikings in the Eastern Kingdoms).
Yes, you're right. I'll fix this.
- The Nomadic Tribal realms around starting Yaïmunnahar have gone crazy with governments.
It's possible the settling conditions are too lax. We'll have a look.
- Didn't notice this before, but the Enlightened description still mentions Iqta.
I'll correct this oversight.

Thank you for all your feedback - great as ever.

nd

Can you check the culture, species, class, and tier of the top holder of Tabot when this happens, please?

Tabotan, Chung Tao, Human, (Master) Paladin, king-tier (currently a tributary of Shou Lung). Some of her vassals are properly Monastic Feudal (or Tribal), but one is Theocratic (that vassal is a county-tier (Trained) Warlock but same in other regards). Both of the Theocratic characters have a temple holding as their capital, while the Monastic Feudal ones have castles, which might be part of the problem.

ck2_1.png

I'm no expert on custom tooltips myself, but we can have a look.

They're pretty straightforward.

Code:
custom_tooltip = {
    text = MY_TEXT
    <stuff you don't want to be visible>
}

(I might have memorized the syntax due to knowing I need to add a bunch of them in Tianxia soon since we have some horrible tooltips that I plan to deal with...)

Good grief. However, humans should probably be ineligible to join the Eldreth Veluuthra in the first place.

Probably a good idea, particularly as (outside of murdering your way to a promotion...) a human is unlikely to become the grand master at any point since they probably won't outlive most elves that are in the society (this might also be an issue elsewhere, but in an elven society it's probably especially noticeable).

Olrox will know. We're trying to polish our existing societies and introduce a few more.

I know how much work that can be, and that things easily are missed, so don't take me reporting a bug as a complaint (well, maybe except when I was grumbling about Decadence... :p ).

It's possible the settling conditions are too lax. We'll have a look.

I've not gotten any "A New Realm" events (I might be too far away, though, if they respect standard diplo range.), so it's possible it's the government eligibility that's messed up rather than settling.

Some more bugs and suggestions, this time from the August 1 experimental:

- Nasher's bloodline's description is too long to fit in the bloodline's description field.

ck2_2.png

- CoAs remain messed up.

ck2_3.png

- The Lords' Alliance's alliance offers should perhaps cause a negative opinion modifier if you turn them down, and should perhaps prefer to make the offer to people nearby that haven't been allied yet instead of someone that's pretty far away and that thus will be less useful as an ally.

ck2_4.png

- Considering how ancient it is and that it is supposed to be made up of reincarnated gods, the Helcaliant dynasty probably deserves a bloodline, and the same goes for the other temporary royal dynasty.

ck2_7.png

- Unless the information I've found is incorrect, Mulhorand effectively has Agnatic Primogeniture in canon (aside from a brief interruption due to waiting for a reincarnation). However, they start as Agnatic-Cognatic (seems incorrect) Divine Elective (which isn't even dynastic). I'd suggest at least changing them to use the Divine Dynastic succession type, and Primogeniture feels more accurate (I'll suggest some things below that potentially would weaken Mulhorand, so this change might not make them too powerful combined with that), and perhaps AI vassals should be told to maybe not change them to something non-dynastic through factions and to not faction for other dynasties than the Pharaoh's.

- Very odd Divine Elective bug: I can vote for a bunch of random Sahuagin.

ck2_9.png

- I have the Duchy of Murghôm as a tributary rather than the Kingdom of Murghôm (the liege of my tributary). Probably incorrect.

ck2_10.png

- I don't seem to be able to appoint my vassals as Court Chaplains, not even if they are Clerics (or, presumably, Paladins).

ck2_11.png

- I find it a bit odd that the Mulhorandi faith doesn't have a religious head, considering the Pharaoh of Mulhorand is a living god. I don't feel they should be getting any rel head powers, but it'd be nice to have a rel head title just so that the Pharaoh's piety (and Diplomacy) can impact MA. Also, it'd make a thing in a later suggestion easier to script (and that thing would weaken the Mulhorandi Pharaoh a bit).

ck2_12.png

- I couldn't find either the Land of the Dead or the Ziggurat of Eternal Victory in the game, despite them existing in 00_wonders.txt (and not being commented out). Seems like an oversight.

- Vanilla bug (unless you've messed something up): My wife accused herself of trying to poison herself, which apparently checked out, and got upset when I didn't execute or imprison her for that crime. No, I don't have two wives with the same name, and she's also not a Lunatic/etc.

ck2_15.png

- Unlike Divine Elective, Divine Dynastic appears to give every elector the same voting strength. Not sure if that's intended.

ck2_16.png

- The Mulhorandi culture seems to lack an unique retinue.

- The localization regarding the new Shou Lung emperor's likes and dislikes gets a bit weird ("frowns on Zakharan Pantheon").

ck2_19.png

- The new Prepared Invasion event's description is too long, at least sometimes.

ck2_21.png

- I feel levelling up as a Cleric, Paladin, or other sensible (based on religion and/or patron god) class perhaps should give piety instead of prestige, seeing as you're presumably doing something that's good for the faith.

ck2_22.png

- One of my vassals has the Incestuous Adulterer modifier (for sleeping with his daughter and getting caught). I don't believe vanilla hands that out where there's Divine Blood, and the Mulhorandi religion has that, so it's probably not updated correctly.

ck2_24.png

- I don't necessarily feel it's wrong, and I suspect it is consistent with vanilla, but polygamous wives ask for land for sons that aren't the primary heir even without Open Succession (meaning them having land is rather irrelevant to their chances of being the successor, even if a landed character might be an elector and might do other stuff that helps). Just wanted to bring that up in case it's undesirable.

ck2_25.png

- Unsure if intentional, but I got a court physician that is a small D dwarf rather than a Dwarf. It's from vanilla, and dwarfism is probably a thing in the Forgotten Realms, but maybe it's desirable to update the event to give you a Dwarf rather than a dwarf.

ck2_26.png

- The Tuigan won their invasion of Shou Lung (after many years). I'm unsure if there is a Luoyang for them to fight near, however, and some other JD events might also mention cities that might not exist.

ck2_27.png

- Shou Lung being Isolationist affects the Silk Road, but not the Spice Road despite the latter seemingly originating in Shou Lung. Possibly an oversight.

ck2_28.png

- Nomadic Tribals still attempt to launch Prepared Invasions of very distant realms.

ck2_29.png

- Based on what I've read, the Mulhorandi considers funerals a big deal and prepare tombs well in advance. Maybe they should have a decision to spend a large amount of gold (several years' scaled_wealth, with sensible caps) to make preparations, giving them a decent amount of piety/prestige in return.

Now, on to the suggestion for Mulhorand that possibly would weaken them. Based on what I've read (which is what I could find on the wiki), the Mulhorandi priesthood is rather powerful and resist change. Some things I think could be done to make that an actual thing -- potentially limited to when the liege is the rel head, if that's a thing that you feel like doing -- and that'd help counteract the realm being stronger if it starts with a more ruler-friendly succession law would be:

- Making it impossible to (outside events) fire (same-religion) Theocratic, Monastic Feudal (if that's an option for Mulhorandi), and Divine Feudal councillors as well as (same-religion) councillors that are Clerics and/or Paladins (possibly excepting the spymaster, seeing as it'd be rather unfun to have a hostile spymaster you can't deal with...) unless the council is fully depowered (Mulhorand starts with it having all laws but the last one (forced Elective) in favour of the council, so it'd not be something you could do soon).

- Adding some voter titles meant to represent high priests (or influential members/sponsors) for the patron deities' priesthoods (and possibly other gods, if more are desirable), making it harder to buy votes/bribe people since you still need half (with the ruler as tiebreaker) to pass anything/get approval for stuff. It'd probably be best not to restrict the people that can hold those titles based on the patron traits since the AI might get very screwed over otherwise since it wouldn't know to invite someone sensible if that happened.

- Making the council members more likely to pick the Zealot pattern (if co-religionists) and less likely to be Loyalists (the only pattern that approves weakening the council unless you force acceptance with a Favour), at least for the Pharaoh, particularly if there's a patron mismatch or if the Pharaoh has picked up some bad traits/lacks piety/etc.

- Maybe adding events where one or more of the voters can demand stuff (money, Favours, etc.) in the name of the gods and get upset (likely changing their pattern to something worse, and possibly giving you some bad character or province modifier) if you don't comply (and can't talk your way out of it/offer other concessions). Would obviously require more scripting than the other stuff.

Attachments

• ck2_5.png
    ck2_5.png
  • ck2_6.png
    ck2_6.png
    4,2 MB · Views: 0
  • ck2_13.png
    ck2_13.png
    4,8 MB · Views: 0
  • ck2_9.png
    ck2_9.png
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Some more bugs and suggestions, this time from the August 1 experimental:

- Nasher's bloodline's description is too long to fit in the bloodline's description field.

View attachment 746172

- CoAs remain messed up.

View attachment 746173

- The Lords' Alliance's alliance offers should perhaps cause a negative opinion modifier if you turn them down, and should perhaps prefer to make the offer to people nearby that haven't been allied yet instead of someone that's pretty far away and that thus will be less useful as an ally.

View attachment 746176

- Considering how ancient it is and that it is supposed to be made up of reincarnated gods, the Helcaliant dynasty probably deserves a bloodline, and the same goes for the other temporary royal dynasty.

View attachment 746179

- Unless the information I've found is incorrect, Mulhorand effectively has Agnatic Primogeniture in canon (aside from a brief interruption due to waiting for a reincarnation). However, they start as Agnatic-Cognatic (seems incorrect) Divine Elective (which isn't even dynastic). I'd suggest at least changing them to use the Divine Dynastic succession type, and Primogeniture feels more accurate (I'll suggest some things below that potentially would weaken Mulhorand, so this change might not make them too powerful combined with that), and perhaps AI vassals should be told to maybe not change them to something non-dynastic through factions and to not faction for other dynasties than the Pharaoh's.

- Very odd Divine Elective bug: I can vote for a bunch of random Sahuagin.

View attachment 746181

- I have the Duchy of Murghôm as a tributary rather than the Kingdom of Murghôm (the liege of my tributary). Probably incorrect.

View attachment 746182

- I don't seem to be able to appoint my vassals as Court Chaplains, not even if they are Clerics (or, presumably, Paladins).

View attachment 746183

- I find it a bit odd that the Mulhorandi faith doesn't have a religious head, considering the Pharaoh of Mulhorand is a living god. I don't feel they should be getting any rel head powers, but it'd be nice to have a rel head title just so that the Pharaoh's piety (and Diplomacy) can impact MA. Also, it'd make a thing in a later suggestion easier to script (and that thing would weaken the Mulhorandi Pharaoh a bit).

View attachment 746184

- I couldn't find either the Land of the Dead or the Ziggurat of Eternal Victory in the game, despite them existing in 00_wonders.txt (and not being commented out). Seems like an oversight.

- Vanilla bug (unless you've messed something up): My wife accused herself of trying to poison herself, which apparently checked out, and got upset when I didn't execute or imprison her for that crime. No, I don't have two wives with the same name, and she's also not a Lunatic/etc.

View attachment 746187

- Unlike Divine Elective, Divine Dynastic appears to give every elector the same voting strength. Not sure if that's intended.

View attachment 746188

- The Mulhorandi culture seems to lack an unique retinue.

- The localization regarding the new Shou Lung emperor's likes and dislikes gets a bit weird ("frowns on Zakharan Pantheon").

View attachment 746191

- The new Prepared Invasion event's description is too long, at least sometimes.

View attachment 746193

- I feel levelling up as a Cleric, Paladin, or other sensible (based on religion and/or patron god) class perhaps should give piety instead of prestige, seeing as you're presumably doing something that's good for the faith.

View attachment 746194

- One of my vassals has the Incestuous Adulterer modifier (for sleeping with his daughter and getting caught). I don't believe vanilla hands that out where there's Divine Blood, and the Mulhorandi religion has that, so it's probably not updated correctly.

View attachment 746196

- I don't necessarily feel it's wrong, and I suspect it is consistent with vanilla, but polygamous wives ask for land for sons that aren't the primary heir even without Open Succession (meaning them having land is rather irrelevant to their chances of being the successor, even if a landed character might be an elector and might do other stuff that helps). Just wanted to bring that up in case it's undesirable.

View attachment 746197

- Unsure if intentional, but I got a court physician that is a small D dwarf rather than a Dwarf. It's from vanilla, and dwarfism is probably a thing in the Forgotten Realms, but maybe it's desirable to update the event to give you a Dwarf rather than a dwarf.

View attachment 746198

- The Tuigan won their invasion of Shou Lung (after many years). I'm unsure if there is a Luoyang for them to fight near, however, and some other JD events might also mention cities that might not exist.

View attachment 746199

- Shou Lung being Isolationist affects the Silk Road, but not the Spice Road despite the latter seemingly originating in Shou Lung. Possibly an oversight.

View attachment 746200

- Nomadic Tribals still attempt to launch Prepared Invasions of very distant realms.

View attachment 746201

- Based on what I've read, the Mulhorandi considers funerals a big deal and prepare tombs well in advance. Maybe they should have a decision to spend a large amount of gold (several years' scaled_wealth, with sensible caps) to make preparations, giving them a decent amount of piety/prestige in return.

Now, on to the suggestion for Mulhorand that possibly would weaken them. Based on what I've read (which is what I could find on the wiki), the Mulhorandi priesthood is rather powerful and resist change. Some things I think could be done to make that an actual thing -- potentially limited to when the liege is the rel head, if that's a thing that you feel like doing -- and that'd help counteract the realm being stronger if it starts with a more ruler-friendly succession law would be:

- Making it impossible to (outside events) fire (same-religion) Theocratic, Monastic Feudal (if that's an option for Mulhorandi), and Divine Feudal councillors as well as (same-religion) councillors that are Clerics and/or Paladins (possibly excepting the spymaster, seeing as it'd be rather unfun to have a hostile spymaster you can't deal with...) unless the council is fully depowered (Mulhorand starts with it having all laws but the last one (forced Elective) in favour of the council, so it'd not be something you could do soon).

- Adding some voter titles meant to represent high priests (or influential members/sponsors) for the patron deities' priesthoods (and possibly other gods, if more are desirable), making it harder to buy votes/bribe people since you still need half (with the ruler as tiebreaker) to pass anything/get approval for stuff. It'd probably be best not to restrict the people that can hold those titles based on the patron traits since the AI might get very screwed over otherwise since it wouldn't know to invite someone sensible if that happened.

- Making the council members more likely to pick the Zealot pattern (if co-religionists) and less likely to be Loyalists (the only pattern that approves weakening the council unless you force acceptance with a Favour), at least for the Pharaoh, particularly if there's a patron mismatch or if the Pharaoh has picked up some bad traits/lacks piety/etc.

- Maybe adding events where one or more of the voters can demand stuff (money, Favours, etc.) in the name of the gods and get upset (likely changing their pattern to something worse, and possibly giving you some bad character or province modifier) if you don't comply (and can't talk your way out of it/offer other concessions). Would obviously require more scripting than the other stuff.
As a fan of the mod, I'm very impressed by your detailed bug/suggestion reports! Thanks!

As a fan of the mod, I'm very impressed by your detailed bug/suggestion reports! Thanks!

I've had the "pleasure" of dealing with both when they were... sloppily written, so I try to write something I'd want to read.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Speaking for the team, we really appreciate these reports and observations! Even if we don't respond right away, you can be sure we are reading them and doing the best to apply.

Speaking for myself, I don't get much time to play so its helpful when others do and can test things out for us.

Reactions:
Some bugs from the August 13 experimental:

- For some unknown reason I was an elector of a nearby county before unpausing.

ck2_6.png

- Vanilla bug: I sacrificed a courtier to the ancestors and asked for help with relationships... and then I started wondering if she perhaps was my friend...

ck2_7.png

- The Emerald Enclave mentions Hermetics.

ck2_8.png

ck2_25.png

- The Emerald Enclave's Tier 1 power mentions ancestors, likely due to being based on the Ancestor veneration stuff.

ck2_9.png

ck2_16.png

- delicate_death lacks localization.

ck2_10.png

- Chultan culture lacks both a cultural retinue and a cultural building.

ck2_11.png
ck2_12.png

- Several Natures mention Great Holy Wars, but those are disabled. I checked the CB file beforehand since I suspected that that was the case, but it'd possibly be an unpleasant surprise for someone that doesn't check.

ck2_14.png
ck2_19.png

- The Lunatic law events mention "Man[kind]" in at least two of the options (I haven't had the opportunity to enact more crazy laws). Unsure if that's undesirable, seeing as it doesn't include any other races (and Lunatics belonging to other races can probably get the events).

ck2_15.png
ck2_17.png

- Despite not playing optimally, despite needing to conquer at least two holy sites (I got all four I didn't have easily enough), and despite needing to build temples to increase MA (since only the holy site in my capital started with one), I was able to reform the Ubtaoan religion pretty quickly (I started in 1360). Maybe the holy sites should be spread out a bit more?

ck2_18.png

- I can wage regular holy wars after reforming... but only against the unreformed version of my faith (I went Proselytizing, if it makes any difference), and the Ubtaoan religion has no patron deities that can unlock it.

- "Land of Ash & ". Something seems to be missing.

ck2_21.png

- Nomadic Tribals are slowly losing their government for seemingly no reason.

ck2_22.png
ck2_27.png

- I don't believe there are Saracens in the Forgotten Realms.

ck2_23.png

- The Simbul (and possibly other notable canon characters) should maybe be blocked from becoming[Arch]liches, at least in AI hands.

ck2_26.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some bugs from the August 13 experimental:

- For some unknown reason I was an elector of a nearby county before unpausing.

View attachment 749410

- Vanilla bug: I sacrificed a courtier to the ancestors and asked for help with relationships... and then I started wondering if she perhaps was my friend...

View attachment 749415

- The Emerald Enclave mentions Hermetics.

View attachment 749416
View attachment 749436

- The Emerald Enclave's Tier 1 power mentions ancestors, likely due to being based on the Ancestor veneration stuff.

View attachment 749417
View attachment 749427

- delicate_death lacks localization.

View attachment 749418

- Chultan culture lacks both a cultural retinue and a cultural building.

View attachment 749419View attachment 749420

- Several Natures mention Great Holy Wars, but those are disabled. I checked the CB file beforehand since I suspected that that was the case, but it'd possibly be an unpleasant surprise for someone that doesn't check.

View attachment 749422View attachment 749423

- The Lunatic law events mention "Man[kind]" in at least two of the options (I haven't had the opportunity to enact more crazy laws). Unsure if that's undesirable, seeing as it doesn't include any other races (and Lunatics belonging to other races can probably get the events).

View attachment 749425View attachment 749426

- Despite not playing optimally, despite needing to conquer at least two holy sites (I got all four I didn't have easily enough), and despite needing to build temples to increase MA (since only the holy site in my capital started with one), I was able to reform the Ubtaoan religion pretty quickly (I started in 1360). Maybe the holy sites should be spread out a bit more?

View attachment 749428

- I can wage regular holy wars after reforming... but only against the unreformed version of my faith (I went Proselytizing, if it makes any difference), and the Ubtaoan religion has no patron deities that can unlock it.

- "Land of Ash & ". Something seems to be missing.

View attachment 749430

- Nomadic Tribals are slowly losing their government for seemingly no reason.

View attachment 749432View attachment 749433

- I don't believe there are Saracens in the Forgotten Realms.

View attachment 749435

- The Simbul (and possibly other notable canon characters) should maybe be blocked from becoming[Arch]liches, at least in AI hands.

View attachment 749438
I don't know if we say it enough but: thanks for the reports.

Reactions:
@Silversweeper about cultural retinues and buildings: we are aware that not all cultures have cultural retinues yet, it's a work in progress. Cultural buildings for every single culture, on the other hand, it's not something we are currently interested in.

I don't know if we say it enough but: thanks for the reports.

No problem.

By the way, I took a look at the definition for the Nomadic Tribal government (since I've been doing some government modding recently) and noticed a few things that could be related to that breaking somewhat frequently:

- The third OR in the triple OR checks for a law in the character scope, and characters don't have laws (since those are tied to titles).

- The same OR checks for you already having the government, which feels rather weird in a potential block (and I've not seen it used anywhere else outside your disabled Magocracy government (which also broke several times, so...)). This also comes up a bit further if you're independent since you are your own liege and checking your liege's government thus is the same as checking your government.

- The AND block where your culture is compared to your liege's culture will (assuming you're already Nomadic Tribal) always be true if you're independent since you're your own liege in that case, which probably is fine (if that kind of check works). However, it'll possibly be false for vassals of vassals if an intervening vassal stops being Nomadic Tribal (regardless of whether that happened in an intended fashion or not), and I'd imagine it also easily could break if e.g. a Feudal vassal leads a vassal revolt and temporarily gets some Nomadic Tribal vassals as part of that revolt (and if the no longer Nomadic Tribal vassal ends up becoming the top liege after the war due to a claimant faction or breaks free as part of an independence faction...). Maybe a check for top_liege (and liege_before_war, to catch revolters) is better.

- I'm a bit curious as to why the logic is "If my liege is Nomadic Tribal, I should also be [assuming the culture thing is true and that I'm not e.g. Feudal]" instead of just "If I have culture X I should be Nomadic Tribal if tribal". I suppose some cultures might be split between Nomadic Tribal and regular Tribal and that that's desirable, but it feels like it'd be less likely to break if cultures were scripted as "Always be Nomadic Tribal if tribal" where possible.

- Though it's probably not causing issues during gameplay, I noticed you have has_game_started = no in a few places but not is_save_game = no, and I believe vanilla doesn't use one without the other (possibly due to things having the potential to go wrong when you load a save; I've not tested it).

- I noticed you've got a lot of checks for specific primary titles (coupled with has_game_started = no, so it probably doesn't cause issues during gameplay). Considering that at least some of those titles are counties, it seems relatively likely to cause some issues if someone holds some other primary tier title and the game decides that that is their primary title (for whatever reason; I'm unsure exactly how ties are resolved if culture and dignity aren't enough to break them).

- Not part of the government definition, but I'm wondering what happens if a claimant adventurer targeting a Nomadic Tribal realm wins their war, or if an adventurer targeting a random duchy (without any castle/city holdings) held by a Nomadic Tribal ruler wins their war. If they're not set to have the Nomadic Tribal government as an adventurer and they're not explicitly set to swap to it on victory, I don't see how they're supposed to end up with Nomadic Tribal, and that feels like it could be contributing to the issue.

- Not part of the government definition, but I'm wondering how you're handling various rebels (e.g. peasant revolts). Unless they get the Nomadic Tribal government while revolting or are explicitly set to swap to it if they win, I don't see how they'd ever end up with it short of a Nomadic Tribal ruler vassalizing them.

@Silversweeper about cultural retinues and buildings: we are aware that not all cultures have cultural retinues yet, it's a work in progress. Cultural buildings for every single culture, on the other hand, it's not something we are currently interested in.

That's fine; I just wanted to mention it in case it was an unknown issue for Chultans in particular.

Reactions:
- The third OR in the triple OR checks for a law in the character scope, and characters don't have laws (since those are tied to titles).
a save; I've not tested it).

It's a valid trigger in character scope. If the character is a ruler, it will check against the ruler's primary title, otherwise the character's liege's primary title is used instead.

It's a valid trigger in character scope. If the character is a ruler, it will check against the ruler's primary title, otherwise the character's liege's primary title is used instead.

Good to know! I believe the Validator flags it as an error, though I might misremember (or it might have been something that only happened with an older version of the Validator).

is the no portraits folder for if you dont have the DLC? or for troubleshooting stuff?
(has all the dlc some folks are invisible anyway) about to start playing with files from that folder anyway and see what happens.

is the no portraits folder for if you dont have the DLC? or for troubleshooting stuff?
(has all the dlc some folks are invisible anyway) about to start playing with files from that folder anyway and see what happens.
The no portraits folder is meant for those that don't have all of the portrait dlcs. If you are still getting portrait issues while owning all portrait dlcs, please report, it's most likely a bug we need to fix.

A question regarding the experimental from yesterday: I noticed the summary didn't mention flags being messed up, unlike the summary for the previous experimental. Is that something that's been fixed (and that should be reported if it's still broken), or still a known issue?