Faerûn - Forgotten Realms, Dungeons and Dragons mod - Open Beta [0.7.0 03/06/2023] on GitHub and Steam Workshop!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We have completed adding the placeholder flags, so yes, please report if you find a bugged flag.

Some assorted bugs from the experimental from yesterday:

- I think Nasher's going to find it very hard to become the Lady Mayor of Baldur's Gate, unless I'm wrong about his gender.

ck2_1.png

- "Princess of ---".

ck2_2.png

- My Court Scribe accused someone that's in no society of being in a secret society. Scapegoating is not a problem (I'm pretty sure the event allows for it), but "the the Society" is a problem.

ck2_3.png
ck2_4.png

- Not sure the Arcane Brotherhood (and possibly other titles tied to (and held by) wizards/etc. and/or clerics/etc.) should allow factioning for Gavelkind, since that sounds like a good way to get one of those people that use Intelligence as a dump stat in control sooner or later.

ck2_5.png

- On a related notes, maybe it should be possible for people to faction for Divine Elective/Dynastic and Wizard Elective/Dynastic when it comes to certain titles, and maybe even the average title if it happens to be held by a cleric/etc. or wizard/etc. (though I'd imagine people that are not in the relevant group wouldn't care much for that kind of law, except maybe Divine Mandate and Divine Elective/Dynastic).

- Several geographical regions lack localization.

ck2_6.png

- I wasn't really paying attention to the Hordelands and thus don't know exactly what has been going on there, but I'm pretty sure this realm started Nomadic Tribal, so for this ruler to swap to it she presumably wasn't for a while.

ck2_7.png

- I don't really see why the leader of a holy order would decide to Kowtow, particularly not a holy order that's far from Shou Lung and has no religious or cultural ties to Shou Lung.

ck2_8.png

- Missed this when it happened, but I would imagine hanging wouldn't be terribly effective against the undead.

ck2_9.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
- My Court Scribe accused someone that's in no society of being in a secret society. Scapegoating is not a problem (I'm pretty sure the event allows for it), but "the the Society" is a problem.

View attachment 749883View attachment 749884
Desther being caught for such a thing makes wayyy to much sense when you know the character's lore. Thanks for the report btw!

Reactions:
Almost all the drow backstory just isn't mentioned. This is partly because some of it is much too close to real-world racist myths, but also because it's contradictory, confusing, and takes place an order of magnitude or more earlier than anything we're covering. We haven't replaced it with anything; the drow just exist alongside the other species.

nd
This is highly concerning. I'm surprised and disappointed that more people haven't taken issue with this. I had hoped that the ideological poison that has so thoroughly envenomed WotC wouldn't also spread to mods based on D&D. Ignoring it because "it's contradictory, confusing, and takes place an order of magnitude or more earlier than anything we're covering" is perfectly valid and reasonable, but this statement "This is partly because some of it is much too close to real-world racist myths" is absolutely outrageous. This gives the impression that this decision is a form of censorship by omission. Very upsetting.

Reactions:
This is highly concerning. I'm surprised and disappointed that more people haven't taken issue with this. I had hoped that the ideological poison that has so thoroughly envenomed WotC wouldn't also spread to mods based on D&D. Ignoring it because "it's contradictory, confusing, and takes place an order of magnitude or more earlier than anything we're covering" is perfectly valid and reasonable, but this statement "This is partly because some of it is much too close to real-world racist myths" is absolutely outrageous. This gives the impression that this decision is a form of censorship by omission. Very upsetting.
You will remain upset, I'm afraid. The drow in their original incarnation are very evocative of the racist myths that were used to justify slavery and other abominable practices, and we as a team do not want this kind of legacy in our work.

If that bothers you, then do not play the mod.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Also, the drow creature trait does mention that most drow are evil, and the lolthite religion is villainous, scheming-focused and happy to engage in human sacrifice, so I don't think the mod is missing anything substantial here.

Reactions:
...There's something oddly apt about someone choosing to dredge up a post from more than a year ago in order to complain about a "change" that'd only be relevant more than 10,000 years before the mod's earliest start date.

Reactions:
A few assorted things from a quick game using Experimental 18:

- Minor typo in the Divination school description: "generals" should be "general's".

ck2_1.png

- I'm unsure if it's intended for jumped-up peasants Commonwealth realms to have access to tournaments, seeing as MRs don't get them. Something like a fancier market event would perhaps be more fitting, and might be something that could be given to MRs as well.

ck2_2.png

- I'm unsure if Baatezu Court Physicians are intended.

ck2_3.png

- I have access to a bunch of non-Popular Elective laws as a jumped-up peasant Commonwealth ruler (that is a wizard). Unsure if that's intended, particularly the dynastic one.

ck2_4.png

- I noticed I could depower my council completely (given sufficient time). Given that jumped-up peasants Commonwealths claim to be democratic, I'm not sure that's intended.

ck2_5.png

- The Prepared Invasion text still doesn't fit inside the event window.

ck2_6.png

- Unsure if intended: A bunch of vassals under Amn are Feudal rather than jumped-up peasants Commonwealths, including a few that have city holdings.

ck2_7.png

- Prepared invasions still go after distant realms even when landlocked. Also, as someone with Longevity, I don't really think "This person is planning to invade me" is a problem for my successor (and my character isn't stupid, so "Cease bothering me [...]" seems rather nonsensical in this case).

ck2_8.png

Some assorted suggestions unrelated to my game:

- The knightly order societies (Purple Dragons, etc.) could perhaps get missions to wage Depose Villainous Ruler wars against suitable targets (say within +- 10-20 % relative_power_including_allies and located nearby). Alternatively, missions to clear out nearby (adjacent or close overseas) monster mobs could be an idea, though that'd eventually become completely irrelevant.

- I feel like a "Historical" (or "Canon") vs. "Delayed" option for assorted story hosts (e.g. the King of Shadows) could be nice, since those events tend to happen pretty early (assuming you use the bookmark starts), unlike in vanilla where such events usually are a good while in if you use the early bookmarks.

Reactions:
Both commonwealth dynastic laws and Amn having feudal vassals are intended.

Commonwealth dynastic laws are used to represent familial dictatorships.

Reactions:
You will remain upset, I'm afraid. The drow in their original incarnation are very evocative of the racist myths that were used to justify slavery and other abominable practices, and we as a team do not want this kind of legacy in our work.

If that bothers you, then do not play the mod.
Some recent stuff is moving towards a, if elf live underground and eat these foods as child, skin turn black, if live under the moon and eat these foods as child skin turns silver, if live under sun and eat these foods skin turns bronze. Idk if that'll stick but it worked in AoW and some PF lore (pf is a mess and contradicts.) so it might become faerun cannon. Or else the good/evil split based on gods getting involved and the different being eye colours but that one seems less fun mod wise as atleast geographic could be based in de jure or something you could plan for?

Both commonwealth dynastic laws and Amn having feudal vassals are intended.

Commonwealth dynastic laws are used to represent familial dictatorships.
That would be really cool.

Some recent stuff is moving towards a, if elf live underground and eat these foods as child, skin turn black, if live under the moon and eat these foods as child skin turns silver, if live under sun and eat these foods skin turns bronze. Idk if that'll stick but it worked in AoW and some PF lore (pf is a mess and contradicts.) so it might become faerun cannon. Or else the good/evil split based on gods getting involved and the different being eye colours but that one seems less fun mod wise as atleast geographic could be based in de jure or something you could plan for?
We have not heard anything of this sort for FR. PF lore is quite different, and we recently considered and rejected the possibility of going over the PF's skin tones for drow. What is AoW? Personally I'm not sure that a habit/diet approach to elven skin colour is free from problems either, and implementing it would cut across the existing implementation of graphical culture (in the base game) and species (in this mod).

We are working on implementing some other bits of drow and dark elf lore from recent editions, which hopefully will go further in terms of diversifying the dark elf group generally whilst retaining Lolthite (uda)drow as a compelling villain faction.

nd

• 1Like
Reactions:
Finally had time to play again, so... have a bug report? Apologies in advance for forgetting to use charid to get the event ids.

- It's possible something has broken with the Cult of Asmodeus. I tried joining it four times with two characters, and three of those attempts failed (one attempt went nowhere when the "messenger" arrived, one attempt never had the "messenger" show up after I had been informed that I should expect their arrival, and one attempt never had the Grand Master contact me about the "messenger" being on their way after I pledged myself to Asmodeus). Additionally, the one time I successfully joined I didn't get any missions until after I had ranked up the first time.

- Unsure if it's a vanilla bug, intentional, or a bug with the mod, but previous rulers of Baldur's Gate are listed as Feudal.

ck2_1.png

- Three tooltips for the Court Mage need localization.

ck2_2.png

- At least one tutorial event has "/n" instead of actual newlines.

ck2_3.png

- MR election issue 1: My councillors think I fired them after I was re-elected. -15 opinion on a high Intrigue Spymaster for something you didn't do isn't great, and it'll hurt in general if the council has a say.

ck2_4.png
ck2_4.png

- I don't appear to have access to any kind of feast decision, which seems odd.

- I have the option to switch from Absolute Cognatic to Agnatic, but not to Agnatic-Cognatic. Unsure if that's an MR thing or not; I've never played an Absolute Cognatic MR before.

ck2_8.png

- After conquering Cloakwood the province gets Nomadic Agitation. It wasn't Nomadic Tribal before I conquered it, and though I suppose the Shadow Druids might be an uncivilized bunch it feels excessive to go full Nomadic Tribal just because they're no longer in charge...

ck2_9.png

- On succession, the province is usurped by a newly generated characters... but I keep the random tribal holding I got when I conquered the province, and the temple changes its appearance to a city.

ck2_10.png

- The "messenger" during my successful joining of the Cult of Asmodeus carries the mark of Lucifer.

ck2_12.png

- Randomly noticed that Cormyr was inherited by one of Azoun IV's bastards, who apparently got legitimized (without his dynasty changing). Unsure how it happened, but it seems like it might be a bug.

ck2_13.png

- Randomly noticed that this county partially matches the shape of the river but isn't following it everywhere. Might be unintentional.

ck2_14.png

- MR election issue 2: I lost the election with no warning despite having invested a decent amount more than I was told to invest; I was told 200 gold, and I had 300 invested. After a... "mysterious crash" (read: Me deciding it was a bug and reloading), I confirmed that 400 gold was insufficient. Another "mysterious crash" confirmed that 500 was enough. Not fun, particularly not as CK2 tends to make it abundantly clear when you will lose a title and as the mechanic isn't explained anywhere in-game as far as I can tell.

- MR election issue 3: Every Patrician other than me and the winner got demoted to a courtier when I lose an election triggered outside death. None of the others had any counties, in case that's relevant. It seems like something that'd cause a potential game over. This does not happen if the previous ruler remains in charge.

ck2_15.png

- After losing the election, I was referred to as a "Count"... as a female character.

- I suspect Republics being unable to create Shavinar is intentional, but it feels kind of weird that Baldur's Gate potentially will have to deal with Independence factions close to home. At the very least, it feels like the duchy of Baldur's Gate should be de jure Baldur's Gate at the start (and maybe holders of Shavinar could get a decision to de jure drift it if they completely control it).

ck2_16.png

- MR election issue 4: My council becomes Discontent after an election that resulted in me remaining in charge. It doesn't matter much when they're depowered and none of them are above the rank of baron, but it's potentially a major concern if they're actually powerful vassals and the council normally would be forbidden from joining factions.

ck2_17.png

- I assume "man" and "he" are unintentional here, unless you've added something else to handle trans/etc. people beyond the Androgynous trait (which this particular character is lacking).

ck2_18.png

- Randomly noticed that my sister apparently is the heir to "the Lowborn", whatever that means...

ck2_19.png

- I signed an Infernal Bargain (for beauty, since that felt like what my Seductress character would go for), and all of my children (except my adult daughter; I got her into the Cult of Asmodeus before) have one negative modifier or another (including my Spawn of Asmodeus). Now, I did read the fine print, and Evil is of course not one big happy family, but it seems a bit excessive for children that cannot be inducted into the Cult (and that in some cases are too young to get converted to the secret faith) to be punished for not being in the Cult (and some of the modifiers are rather irrelevant for children)...

ck2_21.png

- Likely a vanilla issue: Despite being married, my Spawn of Asmodeus was born a bastard even though I was married and my husband failed to notice that the pregnancy was suspect (even though he was imprisoned; another vanilla issue I believe).

- Possibly a bug: My Spawn of Asmodeus is not Planetouched, which he probably should be.

- Possibly a bug: My Spawn of Asmodeus is not a Tiefling. I suppose that'd make it harder for him to blend in, but it feels like he should be.

- Possibly a bug: Aside from children born after I signed the pact, my descendants did not get Planetouched despite getting Infernal Beauty and Attractive.

- Possibly a bug, possibly a vanilla bug in that case: I can ask "But what about second Spawn of Asmodeus?", i.e. use Unholy Impregnation on myself after having given birth to the Spawn of Asmodeus (still alive and well at this time). There does not appear to be a cap, seeing as I could do it a third time as well.

- Possibly a bug: The "nannies" that come to serve my Spawns of Asmodeus aren't Infernal, openly or secretly.

- My second daughter kept her Infernal debuffs after I successfully recruited her into the Cult. Maybe they should be cleared on joining?

ck2_22.png

- The child portrait bug is still a thing.

ck2_23.png

- MR election bug 5: My Designated Heir stops being my Designated Heir if I get re-elected. Potentially very annoying if you happen to die just after an election and the wrong person inherits because you didn't re-grant the title in time.

- Not sure if Treants can get the Flu, severe or not.

ck2_24.png

- Cormyr somehow got destroyed. I suspect it happened as a result of a combination of a Prepared Invasion -- which I don't remember getting an event about -- launched from the Evermoors (since Suzail's history shows a previous Duke of the Evermoors) and the de jure requirement game rule. I wouldn't call the game rule working as intended a bug, but Prepared Invasions often lead to stupid things thanks to how the AI targets them even in vanilla...

ck2_25.png

ck2_27.png

- Possibly a bug: The "Poll Election Sentiment" decision always contains the same information ("You need to invest 200*[Times elected] gold!"). Either nobody is actually "running negative campaigns" against me in the sense of "Using some kind of decision/plot/etc. to manipulate the vote" (I've certainly not gotten notified of my rather competent spymaster catching anyone doing such things...), or they're doing it in a very linear fashion.

- Apparently the MR re-election works by having you abdicate to your heir (except for the Family Palace) and then having them abdicate to you? That seems like it can break all kinds of things, considering title holder changes (of any kind) might trigger a bunch of stuff and that becoming (un)landed can have consequences if there isn't e.g. a flag set to exclude people becoming (un)landed as a consequence of MR re-election...

ck2_28.png

- Unsure if a bug: An unreformed Ghukliak Tribal ruler near me has Gavelkind rather than Elective Gavelkind.

ck2_29.png

- ALLINJURIESCURED? I don't think there's any need to shout...

ck2_30.png

- Possibly a bug (likely caused by vanilla never checking anything similar, seeing as the Induct Child decision is an SRS event): My (first) Spawn of Asmodeus is really not interested in hearing about his father's greatness.

ck2_31.png

- My third Spawn of Asmodeus was born with a different culture (I'm a High Coaster), a different religion (I'm supposedly Inventive (actually Secretly Infernal)), a different species trait (I'm Human, all of my ancestors (that aren't missing) were Humans (and none are secret bastards), and I don't have any Halfling lovers), and neither Planetouched, nor Attractive, nor Infernal Beauty from my pact. I have several questions regarding just what kind of weird scam ritual I took part in... Oh, and like Spawn #1 -- but not Spawn #2, who always has been considered legitimate despite not showing my husband as the supposed father -- she was a full bastard.

ck2_32.png

- When I get various "Spawn of Asmodeus attacked people ahead in the line of succession" the Spawn is referred to as e.g. "The blessed child of Mask". I feel that it should be an explicit reference to Asmodeus rather than what I assume is a Religion.GetRandomEvilGod, seeing as I am not pledged to Mask/Bane/Cyric/etc. (though, as mentioned above, something seems rather fishy about the whole Cult of Asmodeus...).

- Spawn #1 grew up and joined the Cult of Asmodeus. He did not convert, openly or secretly, however. (On a more amusing note: Spawn #2 or #3 (I missed the name) killed him less than a month later; turns out he wasn't the Dark Messiah, just a naughty boy!).

ck2_33.png

- I got congratulated twice for recruiting the same character into the Cult of Asmodeus, including the reward. Seems buggy.

- Most likely a vanilla bug: Despite having an Absolute Cognatic realm, one of my Spawns decided that trying to remove her younger brother was a good idea as far as moving up the line of succession goes. She still had two older siblings (and other branches of the family...) to go through at the time.

- Spawn #2 also refused to listen to what I had to tell her about her dad. Stupid (almost) teenage rebellion phases! Spawn #3 didn't let her live for long, though, so I suppose I have that going for me? Of course, she's the weird Spawn...

- Being a Known Devil Cultist does not seem to make you eligible to be targeted by the "Depose Wicked Villain" CB. Seems like it'd be a better fit than the Holy War CB granted thanks to vanilla.

- I keep getting "Bad province modifier gained from being in the red removed". The problem is, I've not been in the red for a good while, any such modifiers are long gone, and a disproportionate number of these events seem to be happening in Candlekeep.

- Unsure if a bug: I can use Unholy Impregnation on myself despite being past childbearing age. I'm not going to, considering I got scammed the last time I tried, but...

- I'm occasionally getting the "You got e.g. Hunchback because you're a Devil Worshipper" events. Though I suppose those we serve might subscribe to the Vader School of Deals and the Altering Thereof or there might be assorted loopholes they can take advantage of, I did enter into a contract that was supposed to give me and my descendants eternal beauty, and those traits aren't exactly in line with that. Maybe the bad traits picked up should be limited to various flavours of lowered intelligence/lowered physical strength if you sign this particular contract (and similar restrictions for the other contracts).

Last edited:
Reactions:
Some additional stuff discovered today:

- obj_ilmater_become_kind_title has no localization. Also, while it probably helps with her cover, a member of the Cult of Asmodeus going for it feels a bit weird, particularly when the ongoing swaying had us bonding over torturing prisoners together...

ck2_1.png

- Though I wasn't really interested in taking it, the "Ruled 10 years" requirement on changing to Agnatic means I can never take it thanks to re-elections restarting the "Years ruled" counter.

ck2_2.png

- Nomadic Tribals did better when it came to keeping their governments (things fell apart later on, however...) than I've seen in the past, while Monastic Feudal still swaps to Theocracy.

ck2_3.png

- The weird Spawn came of age, and is referred to as the "Child of Satan" and the "daughter of Cyric" (see also the "Hail Cyric!" at the end).

ck2_4.png

- The Spawn in question has a "The Voice of Mask" modifier. I'm not sure they'd be on speaking terms.

ck2_5.png

- Possible bug: The amount of money you're told you need to get re-elected doesn't change on succession (this is a ruler that has never been re-elected).

ck2_6.png

- I'm unsure if Asmodeus is called "the Great Serpent", so the Cult holding an orgy in the honour of the latter might be wrong. Also, it's far from ideal when an event about this fires and involves a character suffering from the portrait bug.

- This child (my unacknowledged bastard) didn't inherit Infernal Beauty from her mother. Her secret bastard siblings got it. I don't see why my decision to not acknowledge her should impact it, particularly not when the trait would be inherited from her mother.

ck2_10.png

- The fertility blocker for Half-Elves (and probably also others) is not a complete blocker. Thanks to some modifiers, I got pregnant (without e.g. Unholy Impregnation or a recent seduction possibly causing it) very quickly after giving birth to my previous child. I suppose the Cult of Asmodeus truly is a pathway to many abilities some consider unnatural...

ck2_11.png

ck2_12.png

- This character was both a Fiend and a Half-Fiend. Unsure if that's the way it's supposed to work.

ck2_13.png

- Despite being able to revoke titles off of regular Tribals with a different religion using a justification to the effect "They're heathen savages!" it is not possible to do the same with titles held by Nomadic Tribal rulers with a different religion. If it is sufficient in the former case, it feels like it definitely should be in the second case.

ck2_14.png

- Nomadic Tribal rulers (of a lower rank) holding no land outside a duchy conquered using Liberate Nomad Duchy get vassalized. That's not quite what I feel "liberating" it from nomadic control implies.

ck2_15.png

- The weird Spawn died. As I'm openly Infernal, I apparently think she was the daughter of Mystra (and Asmodeus, I assume, this is the weird spawn, so I still have several questions regarding her parentage...) and see Mystra's will as something to be done. I suspect it's a Religion.GetRandomEvilGodName thing.

ck2_16.png

- As I'm openly Infernal and a member of the Cult of Asmodeus I have two different sacrifice decisions, which makes it very easy to pick the one that's not going to let me complete various missions. Maybe the generic sacrifice decision should work for the quest?

ck2_17.png

- Losing an election and getting re-elected normally (well, I intentionally lost and immediately sacrificed the imprisoned patrician that won to Asmodeus, but it was technically a regular "On death of the previous holder" election; I'm sure my Lawful Evil compatriots would agree with this interpretation being perfectly legal...) doesn't seem to have an impact on the amount of money you're told to set aside for the next election.

ck2_18.png

- I'm not sure the Kama Sutra is around in the Realms, and if it is it feels like something that probably would be found rather far from Baldur's Gate.

ck2_19.png

- I don't have a screenshot, but the ruler in the screenshot above took part in a DW orgy and got an event to the effect of "I never knew I felt that way about women!", but she didn't get either the Homosexual or the Bisexual trait from it (I didn't have either in advance). Seems broken.

- While it is consistent with vanilla unless I'm mistaken (it's been a long time since I played an MR in vanilla...), MRs don't have administration laws and consequently don't have the option to get laws restricting vassal warfare, whether internally or externally. Seeing as Commonwealths can get those unless I'm misreading the files, it feels a bit weird that MRs can't.

Last edited:
Reactions:
We'll be disabling the timed elections for MRs due to it being too obtuse for players and MRs being way too hardcoded. Thanks for the reports, Silversweeper.

Most of the work in the latest experimental was dedicated to finding out the source of the crash we'd been having.

Reactions:
We'll be disabling the timed elections for MRs due to it being too obtuse for players and MRs being way too hardcoded. Thanks for the reports, Silversweeper.

Most of the work in the latest experimental was dedicated to finding out the source of the crash we'd been having.

Something I'm wondering regarding this: Aside from possibly not being able to play certain families (due to them becoming unlanded/actual baron-tier as a consequence of such a change), what would the drawbacks be of folding MRs into Commonwealths, putting DLC locks on the flavour (and changing scoping targeting patricians/etc. to something else), trade posts (outside trade route counties), and CBs (and possibly also locking those behind a law/etc. with some drawbacks to not make it an obvious pick in every situation, to keep every Commonwealth from going crazy with overseas stuff), and maybe adding a custom succession law to soft(ish) code in something similar to Patrician Elective?

It'd not solve the timed election stuff being obtuse (though I think that'd be solvable in other ways; a tutorial + actual mechanics surrounding it (plots, decisions to spend money on bread/circuses to get popular support, etc.) would make it more interesting and likely clearer (and if you're using a custom succession law it might actually show "You'll lose the election!" properly...)), but you might be able to do various other things if you're not bound by the MR hardcode limitations (I'm familiar enough with them to know how "fun" they are to try to mod around...) and global restrictions imposed by the defines (e.g. number of families).

Obviously, this isn't the kind of change that could happen overnight, but it might be something to consider at some point in the future.

Reactions:
Finally had time to play again, so... have a bug report? Apologies in advance for forgetting to use charid to get the event ids.
Thank you! Your reports are always helpful.
- It's possible something has broken with the Cult of Asmodeus. I tried joining it four times with two characters, and three of those attempts failed (one attempt went nowhere when the "messenger" arrived, one attempt never had the "messenger" show up after I had been informed that I should expect their arrival, and one attempt never had the Grand Master contact me about the "messenger" being on their way after I pledged myself to Asmodeus). Additionally, the one time I successfully joined I didn't get any missions until after I had ranked up the first time.
We'll look into this. It's the fiddliest of our societies, since it combines the behaviours of two vanilla societies and has required some further adaptation to be suited to the setting.
- Unsure if it's a vanilla bug, intentional, or a bug with the mod, but previous rulers of Baldur's Gate are listed as Feudal.
We think we know what's caused this. It is a bug - rulers of Baldur's Gate should all be MR.
- Three tooltips for the Court Mage need localization.
I'll get onto this today.
- At least one tutorial event has "/n" instead of actual newlines.
I'll look into this.

We're going back to an MR election system much more similar to vanilla, as noted above, so I'll skip those reports.
- I don't appear to have access to any kind of feast decision, which seems odd.
Not all faiths or cultures have them at the moment. What faith and culture were you when this happened, please? (I'm guessing Mercantile/High Coaster, but I could be wrong.)
- After conquering Cloakwood the province gets Nomadic Agitation. It wasn't Nomadic Tribal before I conquered it, and though I suppose the Shadow Druids might be an uncivilized bunch it feels excessive to go full Nomadic Tribal just because they're no longer in charge...

- On succession, the province is usurped by a newly generated characters... but I keep the random tribal holding I got when I conquered the province, and the temple changes its appearance to a city.
This is unintended; we'll look into it. The Shadow Druids should be trouble, but not this sort of trouble.
- The "messenger" during my successful joining of the Cult of Asmodeus carries the mark of Lucifer.
That's because of the use of EvilGod localisations; I'll go and fix those.
- Randomly noticed that Cormyr was inherited by one of Azoun IV's bastards, who apparently got legitimized (without his dynasty changing). Unsure how it happened, but it seems like it might be a bug.
It's not a bug as such, but Azoun has a lot of canon bastards, and the vanilla legitimisation rules seem to favour him adopting them. I don't want to cut the decision off, but we can look at ways to discourage him.
- Randomly noticed that this county partially matches the shape of the river but isn't following it everywhere. Might be unintentional.
I believe it's intentional; the wetlands inside the meanders are traditional scaly territory.
- I assume "man" and "he" are unintentional here, unless you've added something else to handle trans/etc. people beyond the Androgynous trait (which this particular character is lacking).
This is a vanilla issue not playing well with more gender-diverse character generation. I'll fix it.
- Randomly noticed that my sister apparently is the heir to "the Lowborn", whatever that means...
I have no idea what's going on here.
- I signed an Infernal Bargain (for beauty, since that felt like what my Seductress character would go for), and all of my children (except my adult daughter; I got her into the Cult of Asmodeus before) have one negative modifier or another (including my Spawn of Asmodeus). Now, I did read the fine print, and Evil is of course not one big happy family, but it seems a bit excessive for children that cannot be inducted into the Cult (and that in some cases are too young to get converted to the secret faith) to be punished for not being in the Cult (and some of the modifiers are rather irrelevant for children)...
We'll look again at this.
- Likely a vanilla issue: Despite being married, my Spawn of Asmodeus was born a bastard even though I was married and my husband failed to notice that the pregnancy was suspect (even though he was imprisoned; another vanilla issue I believe).
Yes, that's a vanilla issue.
- Possibly a bug: My Spawn of Asmodeus is not Planetouched, which he probably should be.

- Possibly a bug: My Spawn of Asmodeus is not a Tiefling. I suppose that'd make it harder for him to blend in, but it feels like he should be.
Design oversight. There should at least be a chance for one or other of those. We'll look into it.
- Possibly a bug: Aside from children born after I signed the pact, my descendants did not get Planetouched despite getting Infernal Beauty and Attractive.
Not a bug; possibly worth considering as a change.
- Possibly a bug, possibly a vanilla bug in that case: I can ask "But what about second Spawn of Asmodeus?", i.e. use Unholy Impregnation on myself after having given birth to the Spawn of Asmodeus (still alive and well at this time). There does not appear to be a cap, seeing as I could do it a third time as well.
Fairly sure this is a vanilla bug. We'll look into it, though, as there ought to be some sort of behaviour here.
- Possibly a bug: The "nannies" that come to serve my Spawns of Asmodeus aren't Infernal, openly or secretly.
Definitely a bug.
- My second daughter kept her Infernal debuffs after I successfully recruited her into the Cult. Maybe they should be cleared on joining?
They should, yes.
- The child portrait bug is still a thing.
We know - we're still trying to catch all the things that cause it.
- Not sure if Treants can get the Flu, severe or not.
They should probably be treated as immune to conventional diseases, which we have a facility for.
- Cormyr somehow got destroyed. I suspect it happened as a result of a combination of a Prepared Invasion -- which I don't remember getting an event about -- launched from the Evermoors (since Suzail's history shows a previous Duke of the Evermoors) and the de jure requirement game rule. I wouldn't call the game rule working as intended a bug, but Prepared Invasions often lead to stupid things thanks to how the AI targets them even in vanilla...
This is an intended feature of vanilla, and we aren't planning to change it. Sometimes kingdoms do get shattered - it happened in canon to Tethyr, Vastar, Omu, Uruth Ukrypt, and several others.
- Unsure if a bug: An unreformed Ghukliak Tribal ruler near me has Gavelkind rather than Elective Gavelkind.
I think this is a bug, but it might be down to their original title having the wrong law set in title history.
- ALLINJURIESCURED? I don't think there's any need to shout...
I think this is missing localisation; we can check.
- Possibly a bug (likely caused by vanilla never checking anything similar, seeing as the Induct Child decision is an SRS event): My (first) Spawn of Asmodeus is really not interested in hearing about his father's greatness.
Yes, that's almost certainly due to CoA being a merger of SRS and satanists.
- My third Spawn of Asmodeus was born with a different culture (I'm a High Coaster), a different religion (I'm supposedly Inventive (actually Secretly Infernal)), a different species trait (I'm Human, all of my ancestors (that aren't missing) were Humans (and none are secret bastards), and I don't have any Halfling lovers), and neither Planetouched, nor Attractive, nor Infernal Beauty from my pact. I have several questions regarding just what kind of weird scam ritual I took part in... Oh, and like Spawn #1 -- but not Spawn #2, who always has been considered legitimate despite not showing my husband as the supposed father -- she was a full bastard.
That's a fairly spectacular error. Not sure how it happened!
- I got congratulated twice for recruiting the same character into the Cult of Asmodeus, including the reward. Seems buggy.
That's bugged, but I'm not sure where it's coming from.
- Most likely a vanilla bug: Despite having an Absolute Cognatic realm, one of my Spawns decided that trying to remove her younger brother was a good idea as far as moving up the line of succession goes. She still had two older siblings (and other branches of the family...) to go through at the time.
That's a vanilla bug, and possibly one we can't fix, although we'll look into it.
- Being a Known Devil Cultist does not seem to make you eligible to be targeted by the "Depose Wicked Villain" CB. Seems like it'd be a better fit than the Holy War CB granted thanks to vanilla.
That's a good suggestion - thank you!
- I keep getting "Bad province modifier gained from being in the red removed". The problem is, I've not been in the red for a good while, any such modifiers are long gone, and a disproportionate number of these events seem to be happening in Candlekeep.
That's weird. We'll have a look.
- Unsure if a bug: I can use Unholy Impregnation on myself despite being past childbearing age. I'm not going to, considering I got scammed the last time I tried, but...
Do you have longevity, immortal, or a long-lived species trait?
- I'm occasionally getting the "You got e.g. Hunchback because you're a Devil Worshipper" events. Though I suppose those we serve might subscribe to the Vader School of Deals and the Altering Thereof or there might be assorted loopholes they can take advantage of, I did enter into a contract that was supposed to give me and my descendants eternal beauty, and those traits aren't exactly in line with that. Maybe the bad traits picked up should be limited to various flavours of lowered intelligence/lowered physical strength if you sign this particular contract (and similar restrictions for the other contracts).
That sounds sensible.
- obj_ilmater_become_kind_title has no localization. Also, while it probably helps with her cover, a member of the Cult of Asmodeus going for it feels a bit weird, particularly when the ongoing swaying had us bonding over torturing prisoners together...
The localisation should be fixed, of course. I do want to look at barring certain ambitions and other activities from people who are secretly committed to doing the opposite.
- Nomadic Tribals did better when it came to keeping their governments (things fell apart later on, however...) than I've seen in the past, while Monastic Feudal still swaps to Theocracy.
We'll have another look at this.
- I'm unsure if Asmodeus is called "the Great Serpent", so the Cult holding an orgy in the honour of the latter might be wrong. Also, it's far from ideal when an event about this fires and involves a character suffering from the portrait bug.
That's another holdover from vanilla. 'The Great Serpent' is either Dendar or Sseth, depending on who you ask. I'll change it to 'The Lord of the Ninth' or something equally lore-relevant.
- This child (my unacknowledged bastard) didn't inherit Infernal Beauty from her mother. Her secret bastard siblings got it. I don't see why my decision to not acknowledge her should impact it, particularly not when the trait would be inherited from her mother.
Infernal Beauty seems to be throwing up odd features all round. We'll review it when we get a chance.
- The fertility blocker for Half-Elves (and probably also others) is not a complete blocker. Thanks to some modifiers, I got pregnant (without e.g. Unholy Impregnation or a recent seduction possibly causing it) very quickly after giving birth to my previous child. I suppose the Cult of Asmodeus truly is a pathway to many abilities some consider unnatural...
That's a bug, but I don't know if it's worth fixing.
- This character was both a Fiend and a Half-Fiend. Unsure if that's the way it's supposed to work.
It's not. Looking at their parentage, they should have been a half-fiend or tiefling.
- Despite being able to revoke titles off of regular Tribals with a different religion using a justification to the effect "They're heathen savages!" it is not possible to do the same with titles held by Nomadic Tribal rulers with a different religion. If it is sufficient in the former case, it feels like it definitely should be in the second case
Agreed, and especially relevant to Zakhara IMHO.
- Nomadic Tribal rulers (of a lower rank) holding no land outside a duchy conquered using Liberate Nomad Duchy get vassalized. That's not quite what I feel "liberating" it from nomadic control implies.
Yeah, they should be getting booted out and replaced by a random ruler of the victor's culture and religion.
- As I'm openly Infernal and a member of the Cult of Asmodeus I have two different sacrifice decisions, which makes it very easy to pick the one that's not going to let me complete various missions. Maybe the generic sacrifice decision should work for the quest?
It shouldn't be possible to be both openly Infernal and part of the CoA. (We might also fix the sacrifice issue, but it's supposed not to arise.)
- I'm not sure the Kama Sutra is around in the Realms, and if it is it feels like something that probably would be found rather far from Baldur's Gate.
It isn't (or if it is, it's in the Kuong Kingdom, literally at the other end of the continent), so this should probably be changed for something else.
- I don't have a screenshot, but the ruler in the screenshot above took part in a DW orgy and got an event to the effect of "I never knew I felt that way about women!", but she didn't get either the Homosexual or the Bisexual trait from it (I didn't have either in advance). Seems broken.
That outcome is supposed to be suppressed anyway. We'll have another look and try to ensure it.
- While it is consistent with vanilla unless I'm mistaken (it's been a long time since I played an MR in vanilla...), MRs don't have administration laws and consequently don't have the option to get laws restricting vassal warfare, whether internally or externally. Seeing as Commonwealths can get those unless I'm misreading the files, it feels a bit weird that MRs can't.
We'll see if this can be unlocked.

nd

Not all faiths or cultures have them at the moment. What faith and culture were you when this happened, please? (I'm guessing Mercantile/High Coaster, but I could be wrong.)

Inventive High Coaster; Secretly Infernal for all but the last one (she was openly Infernal). None of them had access to the feast decision or something equivalent (they had tournaments, but those are once per lifetime (or something like "Once per century", perhaps)).

It's not a bug as such, but Azoun has a lot of canon bastards, and the vanilla legitimisation rules seem to favour him adopting them. I don't want to cut the decision off, but we can look at ways to discourage him.

I don't really think the legitimization is a problem (even if my understanding is that it'd be rare for it to happen if there's a dynastic heir around, which would have been the case since the legitimized bastard's heir was an Obarskyr), but the bastard not changing his dynasty feels weird. I suspect he was landed at the time, but as he had no (known, at least) children it'd not have caused any issues to flip his dynasty. It's likely a vanilla implementation thing, however.

I have no idea what's going on here.

I suspect it might be related to the election stuff if she's the heir to a non-existent family palace; I think I've seen something similar with vanilla nomads and unheld dynamic nomadic empires.

This is an intended feature of vanilla, and we aren't planning to change it. Sometimes kingdoms do get shattered - it happened in canon to Tethyr, Vastar, Omu, Uruth Ukrypt, and several others.

Fair; I just wanted to point it out in case it was considered unintended, seeing as you've made some changes to Prepared Invasions and one of those likely was partially to blame.

That's bugged, but I'm not sure where it's coming from.

It might possibly be something related to the DW + SRS combo, in case there are stacked ifs deciding which society congratulates you and the CoA makes two of those valid at the same time.

Do you have longevity, immortal, or a long-lived species trait?

The character in question was Human and lacked any kind of longevity/immortality (and I had gotten the "You are now infertile!" event not too long before, which is why I noticed that it was rather odd).

That's a bug, but I don't know if it's worth fixing.

It only happened once despite me accumulating more and more lovers, so I'd say it's a rare edge case (and I'd say the CoA helping out with magic seems like a reasonable lore justification in this case).

It shouldn't be possible to be both openly Infernal and part of the CoA. (We might also fix the sacrifice issue, but it's supposed not to arise.)

If that's not intentional then the recruitment chain will have to be looked at, seeing as the event where you carve the mark of Asmodeus into your arm gives you the option of converting openly, converting in secret, or (even if you already belong to the faith) refusing -- comparable to conversion to Shia for the Assassins in vanilla -- and that it'd be rather unfortunate to become ineligible because you picked the first option. Though some of the powers/flavour for the CoA might be a bit odd if you're not-so-Secretly Infernal (e.g. secretly converting your children rather than openly doing so), I don't see too much harm in letting them retain access to it, particularly not if they don't have easy access to other societies (I didn't check too carefully, but I'd imagine they'd find it hard to join e.g. a knightly order).

Reactions: