• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tiuz

Second Lieutenant
12 Badges
Feb 25, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
Since i don't have an account on paradoxian (and am quite illiterate regarding editing wikis) i thought i'd post some findings i've made here.

The game seemed rather opaque on how exactly the different efficiency modifiers add up and create the numbers shown ingame. Likewise the formulas floating around did not add up either (the wiki ones on the production page, some explanations i've think to have read here and there in the forum). I have no real idea what to do with those formulas though, just thought i'd share.

needed input = base x input/100 x throughput/100
  • base - the amount of raw materials the factory requires (it's in the game files) multiplied with the factory size
  • input = base - capi bonus - techs
    base seems to be 100% always / capi bonus = 2.5 x % capis in state / techs is the sum of your input efficiency
  • throughput = craftsmen/(factory size x 100) x (1 + techs/100 + infrastructure/100 + modifiers/100)
    techs is the sum of your throughput efficiency / infrastructure is the state avg as shown in the factory screen / modifiers i only know of the social reforms reducing it

created output = base x throughput/100 x output/100
  • base - the amount of finished product the factory creates (it's in the game files) multiplied with the factory size
  • throughput - same as above
  • output = (base + clerk bonus) x (1 + techs/100 + modifiers/100)
    base seems to be 100% always / clerk bonus = 1.5 x clerks/(factory size x 100) / techs is the sum of your output efficiency / modifiers i can only think of the economic policy ones, like L-F 25%

Feel free to correct my math or, even better, tell whether those formulas help playing the game.

I find the larger the factory, the more profit it makes... seems to be the case, but some large factories just go south.

It is good to know the formulas, but while you are playing, what you want to know is, more than the exact numbers, the logic behind them. With the formula you know thta capis are good for needing less input goods, which, in turn, is especially good in periods of reccession, when people buy less goods. That sort of things.

That's because you pay maintenance according to your level. Lvl 1 full wins vs. Lvl 2 half filled.

Then how does that explain factories that are fully-filled losing 10 or so euros daily?

Then how does that explain factories that are fully-filled losing 10 or so euros daily?
Inputs + maintenance + wages cost more than output.
Sometimes what the factory eats is much more in demand than what it spews out.

Big artisan production kicking off, new factory is completed in a state with unassigned craftsmen... these might oversupply the market leading to price drop (and given spheres if new production happens in the right place, they take priority instead of buying from you via the world market).
On the other hand demand might fall instantly because of peace signings etc.

Last edited: