• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CKent83

Corporal
Apr 12, 2019
When it comes to face options, what is everyone looking for? What are your pet peeves?

For me, I sometimes want to have a character with a beard, but a lot of games get it wrong. I hate "neckbeards". Not the subculture of awful people, I mean like when you shave your cheeks, but have hair coming down from your sideburns, along your jawline, under your jawline (on your neck), and a mustache. I'm not saying I don't want it to be an opiton, but personally I shave my neck and grow my beard on my face. I'd like to have the option for my character to have a similar style. There's a lot of games where if you've got a "beard" it's a neckbeard, sort of like the Nero pics that are going around, but if he had a mustache too. It's doesn't have to be the full, long, looks-like-a-lumberjack-but-never-swung-an-axe type of beard either (I keep mine short), but something between that, and stuble.

Anyone else have pet peeves when it comes to face options for making characters? Have anything you'd like to see as an option that you haven't seen before?

Honestly, I just want to create the most butt ugly character possible.

And don't you dare throw a "you should just play Nosferatu" at me, my skills at creating ugliness put them to shame. When Caine inevitably cameos and sees my character, he's going to run back to the Nosferatu and change their curse to something completely unrelated to appearance because when he sees the monstrosity I created, he will shed a tear and realize that no magnitude of blood curse he can conjure will ever approach the atrocity that I have created.

In other words, I hope it's one of those games with face capture functionality.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I think its already been mentioned that we will be choosing from preset faces.
Hopefully there will be a decent choice with a full range of ethnicities.
The presets should be customisable with choices like hairstyle and colour, eye colour, variety of facial hair choices ofc.
I hope we will be able to choose jewellery, makeup, tattoos as well and that there should be an ingame way of changing these where appropriate too.

Personally, I've always used scars and tattoos, jewelry/piercings and makeup to make my characters look how I want them than a slider deciding the width of the jawline...

So give me like 5-10 presets and plenty of superficial options like those and I will be happy :)

The presets should be customisable with choices like hairstyle and colour, eye colour, variety of facial hair choices ofc.
I hope we will be able to choose jewellery, makeup, tattoos as well and that there should be an ingame way of changing these where appropriate too.
agree
I want a robust character creation like Saints Row 3/4 :(

Rly?
I thought what we will create our faces from preset pieces ... like 7 noses, 5 eyeshapes, 8 lips, etc ... make your puzzle.

Rly?
I thought what we will create our faces from preset pieces ... like 7 noses, 5 eyeshapes, 8 lips, etc ... make your puzzle.

They've said no sliders but there will be options for customisation. We shall have to see but I hope you're right.

Well ...
Recenlty (i mean few minutes back) i start to rewatch clan introduction videos ...

In Brujah one Florian was talking about creating "daintiest, fragile looking, and fluffy looking character" so i believe that we can presume that we will not have one pre-set character per clan (as it was in Bloodlines1).

And what i wanted to point out ... in Tremere video, guest mentioned that her character will be Teen ... wich i somehow completely missed back when i watched it first time, and option to choose age of our avatar seem pretty awesome, if that will be the case. :3

//edit:
And confrimed in Ventrue video. :3
We will be able to customize our faces. Yay! ^_^

Last edited:
I'm not expecting much. If we get like 8-10 face options I'd be over the moon. That being said, I would love for the depth of the Souls games or a wrestling sim, but I know that isn't happening. Just give us more than one look for each clan (which from a few interviews, it seems like they are), and we'll be cool in my book.

You don't want to completely shave your neck if you have hair on your face, that's how you end up looking like George Lucas.

Personally, I'm looking forward to my librarian themed Tremere constantly shocked by the brutal power her abilities possess. So grey cardigans, oversized glasses and blood spikes :)