• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(16363)

Not so idle
Apr 19, 2003
EXTRA! Breaking news from the war!

Chapter #1a - March 16th, 1938
Chapter #1b

Chapter #2 - October 1st, 1938

Chapter #3a - March 30th, 1939
Chapter #3b
Chapter #3c

* * *​

This is about a game with HoI v1.3a, the Starfire mod version F3A, normal/agressive. The game starts right after the Anschluss in this mod. Country is the UK.

House rules are, basicaly: don't take military control of my allies, don't cheat (except for balancing reasons - I will tell you when I cheat, how and why), don't redeploy any forces until the war breaks out and don't send unbrigaded divisions to battle against european forces (militia and cavalry don't count). To add something more, I will exploit the game engine and AI to achieve my "goals" when I feel like doing so, and of course will use all knowledge I have from my previous UK games with Starfire. I will also ignore the Starfire restrictions (via events) on certain slider settings, using the "freedom" cheat to nullify them when the restricting events come.

The names of the journalists, as well as the newspaper name, are completly fictional, and if there's something similar it would be only a coincidence, as I didn't mean to. Also, keep in mind that speeches and some newspaper articles are not taken from historical sources. Since it's a fictional work, I reserve the right to don't necessarily adopt the real character's personalities and/or opinions on them.

As I'm not an expert on graphic arts, the newspaper format may change during the AAR so I can test new effects and techniques.

Any suggestions and criticisms are more than welcome, here in the AAR thread or by PM. But please don't go off-topic! :)

Enjoy it.

Last edited:
chapter0011mm.jpg

...people gather to buy the newspaper... two pence each!

rosenthal32ga.jpg

...a soldier reads the news among the crowd...

lendojornal4ex.gif

Last edited:
I'll start reading this newspaper often.
Is it a diary newspaper? :D

Congratulations and welcome back to the AAR world

TWO PENCE!??
I can't spear that. I'll leave it.

No I can't. I want it every day outside my front door.

Sounds interesting, old bean. I'll have to see what develops with this one...

Ah, Anibal. Now I understand what you meant :)

It looks great, realy great!

Nuclear Winter: Thank you, and that's also for sure. :D

Luis de Aveiro: Well, it is diary, but it is not diary. :D Of course I don't have enough time to prepare daily editions for it... but there will be plenty.

Snake IV: Did you find two pence too much expensive? :D Well, you can have it for another price then: you buy two editions and pay four pence. Right?

Amric: Thanks, old bean! I'm also yet to see what happens next...

cuchulain: Thank you! About the manchurian picture, it's just a worked screenshot from HoI2.

Singleton Mosby: Yes, that's it! :) Thanks a lot for your support to help me getting started. You'll see, it will pay off soon!

jose1357: hhmmm... *starts to have thoughts*

lifeless: Well, who knows? :D

- -

A small update is on the way. Hold on!

Archeologists have found, in the deep future, this document on what one day was England. It is believed to be from the british High Command, and is dated from March 16th, 1938. However, the headlines and the author's name were lost in time.

chapter001a1kg.gif

- -

By the way, an screenshot of interest:

interest0013ip.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see a new AAR, Anibal. I'll definitely be following thise. So far, I love how you are providing the seeming primary documents of what is going on. Very unique and original.

I like this, I'll follow it :)

Slightly OT, but: OMFG! 280 base IC?

well thats a lot of carriers in production....11 by the end of 1939 from what i gather. rely on the french ? :eek:

coz1: Thank you, sir! I realy didn't want to do storytelling or stuff like "I did this, then did that". Let the documents speak for themselves. :D

Alexus: Hello! That's not a HUGE industrial capacity. The Starfire mod, amongst other stuff, about doubled every IC (the resource situation is very tight also!), so it doesn't matter much, as Germany had (prior to the Munich Agreement) about 350 base IC... and it doesn't have the peace modifiers. :wacko: Manpower was also heavily tweaked: increased by a factor of 17 (together with the manpower costs, of course).

lifeless: No, only 4 carriers so far, if you take a better look at the screenshot. ;) And, to rely on french... It doesn't mean that I, as a player, am going to rely on them. But, you know, the british High Command might think it would be the best option for the moment...

jose1357: The BEF should wait a bit more. You know, there is no war right now to worry about! :D

- -

Update on the way...