• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sinname

Captain
Sep 25, 2014
Good morning everyone :)
I've made that thread to talk about expansions and DLC of Cities: Skyline (our ideas).
I know, I know the game is still on alpha and it's precipitate talk about this now but some people has already written its suggestions.
So I thought that a thread for that was appropriate.

Some of my ideas:

. Seasons and their events: weather and celebrations like Christmas, carnival, tourism at summer to the beach... (I talked about this in another thread).

. Old good times: classical buildings, trams and other vehicles ( Lisbon trams, please!), cobblestone streets... You know what i mean.
Devs want to make it a reality, I think so. This will be, in my opinion, the best expansion because I love classic stuff, buildings, art, clothes, cars...
There could be different architectural styles in this expansion too. European (Paris, Lisbon, Berlin, Venice, Prague, Barcelona, Florence, Roma...),
Latin American (Colonial cities like Cartagena de Indias, for example) ,North American ( Chicago, New York, San Francisco...),
Asian ( San Petersburgo, Macau, Shanghai and others) African too, like Marrakech and Oceanian like Sidney.
Those are only examples I know there are too much, but if I have to choose I prefer Europe.

What do you think? What ideas do you have?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Going back in time aren't exactly DLC-type of changes. That would require a totally new game since it would require a completely new set of buildings and a very different way that the engine works.

They should just spend all their efforts at making an awesome modern day city-builder instead.

Expansions that gives us the ability to re-create old city centers and older architectural designs, yes. That's one of the main features that I'd like to see added later on too. But it should not change the whole game to that era.
Erm.... Maybe I should have put more razzed in my post or at least make the one more noticeable. Did not think people would take my obvious jokey sarcasm seriously. I thought the political stabbings was quite the indicator.

Every city builder gets a futuristic expansion at some point...

But other than that I could see DLC being made based on:

-Tropical islands (thatched roof buildings and hotels)

-Developing countries (wrestle with corruption, manage predator multinational incursions and deal with slums developing and bringing with them crime, poverty and other such issues which will need sorting)

-European Cities (self-explanatory)

Not sure what other large expansions are practical. The historical cities idea mentioned several posts ago sounded awesome, though I expect it would be too far much work.