• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
some stuff from expansions is considered general updates after while
i.e. it is added to the base game content and doesn't require the dlc

that being said, you may still need that dlc content to access anything directly tied to the dlc that wasn't made free at a later point

Are the dlc selectable in downloadable content when you get to the main screen?
i dont think it works like that on console

it doesnt even work like that on pc

bout the only thing i can think of would be to go into your storage where you have the game installed and uninstall the dlc to disable it
granted this means any empires/saves you have using that data can't be played

i dont think it works like that on console

it doesnt even work like that on pc

bout the only thing i can think of would be to go into your storage where you have the game installed and uninstall the dlc to disable it
granted this means any empires/saves you have using that data can't be played
I know on my ps4 there is a spot on the main screen called "Downloadabble Content" that you can select what downloadable content you have available to activate or deactivate for the game you want to play. There is also a spot showing right that shows the dlc i have i stalled labeled "DLC Installed". I am guessing the main page is the same on XBox. I cant imagine them creating different main screens to create a new game, load a save, change settings and such for each console.

I know on my ps4 there is a spot on the main screen called "Downloadabble Content" that you can select what downloadable content you have available to activate or deactivate for the game you want to play. There is also a spot showing right that shows the dlc i have i stalled labeled "DLC Installed". I am guessing the main page is the same on XBox. I cant imagine them creating different main screens to create a new game, load a save, change settings and such for each console.

This exists on Xbox as well.

i'm playing on xbox via gamepass ultimate, and it seems like all the stuff in the ep1 is already in the game. am I tripping?
Some parts of the DLC's have been in the base game added via the free updates but only for AI empires to use, the DLC enables us to use the features and most ships (would be nice to get some of exotic ship designs) that AI empires have e.g titans, ring worlds etc