• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also have weird behavior with tourists. I added this nice train station to bring passengers to my town but it looks like they are doing the opposite. Tons of tourists are now coming from out of town through the highways, just to get to the train station and leave the city. They don't even bother to visit any park or buy something at any store. They just go straight from the highway to the station and leave. There are still regular tourists, but the ones that want to have a ride on my trains are creating massive traffic jams!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have the same, after the last patch my tourists went up from 500 to 3k without me adding any more tourist-attractions that hadn't been there before that. In the meantime, my tourists are at over 4k now despite adding a harbor and inter city trains. My population is 50k, was 30k when the tourist thing started.

• 1Like
Reactions:
they a bunch of people that buy stuff and dont make demands all day every day
No such thing as too many

Reactions:
Just seen this comment from another player which is the same issue I have where tourists are all driving in from only one bit of highway since the update:

Also forgot to mention, my inter-city rail/metro hub in the last picture goes direct to my airport. There is only one rail connection on the map and inter-city trains are coming in regularly. Tourists visiting 'Airline Lounge' are driving to that station to use the metro half of it.

They have ignored bus, rail and air but also the more logical option to simply stay on the highway in their car to get to the airport.

So yeah tourist behaviour is dumb and annoying lately to the point it ruins cities past a certain attractiveness threshold.

You're forced to set up loads of mini-districts with Old Town policy which feels a bit crappy.
Could this be due to a mod at all? I can't think of any mods I use that really affect tourism but who knows.