• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

captaingull

Recruit
Sep 3, 2017
Is there a way to examine items that are in containers, including reading books, before or without actually looting them? I could do this on the PC version but can't find a way to do it on console (I'm playing PS4 version). Sometimes when the only way to loot from containers is to steal, it's handy being able to read books without actually stealing them.

We kind of ran out of buttons on the controller. We have thought about it, but we didn't find a super nice way to solve it. Suggestions to how we would fit this in to the console version are welcome.

Would it be possible to bring the "Y: Actions" option from Inventory over to the Loot screen? I know Y is already in use, but perhaps tie it to X? It doesn't appear to have a function on the Loot screen that I can tell. I'm referencing buttons from the Xbox One, as that's what I play.

Yes, that might be a solution. I know we had some reason to not bind it to that button, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. We'll look into it and see how much work it would be to add and if it works with all other button bindings (since we want consistency between all screens).

On PS4 it could be the square button that activates the Examine action on the loot screen (the equivalent of "right-click for details" on PC), since triangle is already used for Loot All.

Last edited:
This is really annoying on Expert, not being able to examine something before picking it up, because to make space you have to destroy an item as you can't drop stuff.

Great game, so as an annoyance, it's pretty small potatoes, but it would be great if a solution could be found.

Well... there is the pressing of the LEFT stick to use. RB and LB (in case you change the character changing to the D-pad)...

Last edited:
I find this annoying as I'm already used to pressing triangle to examine items but then in this case my intuition leads me to take all instead. It would make more sense if triangle were the same function with items seen all throughout the game and 'take all' when search were something like L3 or R3