Evolution of units steals your bonuses

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
How do you want me to get it to you? I have the saves ready to go. Do you want to hit me with a private conversation?
You can attach Planetfall save files directly to a post, that way everything stays organised to the report/thread.

Okay so 'Well Built' disappearing is easy to explain, that bonus applies only to Non-Elite units. When the Hunter evolves into a Siren it becomes a Elite unit, and hence losses the +2 Armour. The disappearance is a lot more complicated, it currently disappears when the unit changes Tier. So Chrysalis to Spawn and Hunter to Siren are evolutions going from Tier 1 to Tier 2 and Tier 2 to Tier 3, which causes an issue. I'm going to have somebody look into that one as it will require code support to fix.

And remember, it is "Well Built," based on the Capitol. In the Capitol, you have both well-built upgrades, both for skirmisher AND elite
I really should talk to somebody about using the same name for 'different' things, while they appear in the front end to be the same effect they aren't setup the same way in the back end.
So that shouldn't happen, so long as it remembers how it was built. Perhaps tag it with all of the upgrades, even if it can't currently use them?
The tools aren't capable of something like that due to how requisites work, we'd need to update the tools to allow for something like that. Even then I'm not sure if it's the best approach, I'll bring it up for discussion.