• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fabius

Field Marshal
65 Badges
Sep 22, 2004
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
So a dev choked and lost his train of thought a little bit during presentation.

It happens, well done for keeping going.

But I was very pleased to see the crowd and twitch chat channel reaction.
All I saw and read was understanding empathy and positive encouragement. Rare on chat these days !

Paradox gamers really are a fine community. A little faith restored in humanity.

Gaming communities are plagued with kids with little life experience and no empathy, Paradox games tend to attract other kind of people though.

Gaming communities are plagued with kids with little life experience and no empathy, Paradox games tend to attract other kind of people though.
True, some very knowledgeable too. Quite often I learn something here.

I thought he was great! I can imagine working on something and putting your heart into it and then, the big moment.
Yeah the passion came through, and the crowd seemed to respond to that :)

I found even the rudest people on these forums will easily concede a point they'e wrong on or actually try and debate
There's going to be rude or obtuse people with such a large community. But agreed they usually debate fairly rationally and rudeness is fairly rare in my experience.

Had the opportunity to talk to this particular dev off-stage as well, at the Triumph booth. It was really easy to tell just how excited he was to finally get to make the game public. It mostly felt like he had so much he wanted to talk about and explain at the same time he had difficulty only saying a single sentence at a time. If anything, it's given me more faith that the game is in the right hands.

Had the opportunity to talk to this particular dev off-stage as well, at the Triumph booth. It was really easy to tell just how excited he was to finally get to make the game public. It mostly felt like he had so much he wanted to talk about and explain at the same time he had difficulty only saying a single sentence at a time. If anything, it's given me more faith that the game is in the right hands.
Interesting confirmation, thanks.

Yeah he won me over, well that and the sci-fi setting. Wasn't interested before, but now I'm watching this one with intent :)

Did the same thing as you Vakz and I reached the same conclusion. The guy was just bursting with information about the game and I guess he just could not get everything out as he wanted to on stage. In my book that was almost endearing in a way. Great love for the game they are working on.

I have liked the series since the first game and I am looking forward to this. It was clear that they really thought they had something cool on their hands. :)

Yeah there's subtle stuff we humans pick up that isn't even said.
Think this really validates having the devs come and speak rather than over marketing and having some 'slick' give yet another 'sales' presentation.