• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey guys, I just started working on land leaders and this is what i have so far

von Lettow-Vorbeck;61000;ALG;1914;1916;1935;1935;1;7;273;4;4;5;0;lettow-vorbeck_von_paul_ger;1913;1935;x
Tom Von Prince;61100;ALG;1914;1916;1917;1918;3;6;273;4;5;4;0;;1914;1925;x
Georg Kraut;60000;ALG;1914;1916;1917;1918;2;7;17;4;0;4;0;;1914;1918;x
Max Loof;60100;ALG;1914;1915;1916;1918;2;6;4096;6;0;3;1;;1914;1916;x
Gustav Zimmer;50000;ALG;1914;1915;1916;1918;2;6;4096;6;0;3;1;;1914;1916;x

Hey guys, I just started working on land leaders and this is what i have so far

von Lettow-Vorbeck;61000;ALG;1914;1916;1935;1935;1;7;273;4;4;5;0;lettow-vorbeck_von_paul_ger;1913;1935;x
Tom Von Prince;61100;ALG;1914;1916;1917;1918;3;6;273;4;5;4;0;;1914;1925;x
Georg Kraut;60000;ALG;1914;1916;1917;1918;2;7;17;4;0;4;0;;1914;1918;x
Max Loof;60100;ALG;1914;1915;1916;1918;2;6;4096;6;0;3;1;;1914;1916;x
Gustav Zimmer;50000;ALG;1914;1915;1916;1918;2;6;4096;6;0;3;1;;1914;1916;x

Try to find some more please. Germans in this scenario should benefit of some additional bonus for combat (in the jungle) and speed.

This should partly compensate the overwhelming allied forces..

Why aren't you use historical names of the troops? The Schutztruppe of Ostafrika splitted into 14 companies and were named simply: 1. Kompagnie, 2. Kompagnie, 3. Kompagnie, ... 14. Kompagnie.

I fully agree. As already mentioned the unit's strenght should be much lover, as well as in the North African scenario WWII. This will allow more units which are below the division's level

The thing is, I can find more naval leaders, the historical commanders of the Kingani, Hedwig Von Wissman, and the Graf Von Gotzen. But the three land leaders are the only ones I can find. There's not a whole lot of info about commanders, just about the campaign.

What kind of a bonus should there be for the German units. I aggree with you that there needs to be a bonus where the germans haver better speed and have a better chance of winning battles or else they won't stand a chance.

I've created a new set of events following the maji maji rebellion

#############################################
###### East African Cotton Picking Policy
event = {
id = 179999
random = no
country = GER
trigger = {
government = fascist
owned = { province = 1141 data = GER }
owned = { province = 1140 data = GER }
owned = { province = 1139 data = GER }
owned = { province = 1063 data = GER }
owned = { province = 1062 data = GER }

}

name = "East African Cotton Polcy"
desc = "In 1902, the German government has passed a policy forcing East African natives to work on cotton plantations."
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = july year = 1902 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 5 month = july year = 1902 }

action_a = {
ai_chance = 95
name = "Enforce the Policy"
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 1139 value = 10 }
}
action_b = {
ai_chance = 5
name = "This is an unecessary policy"
command = { type = sleepevent which = 180000 }
}

}

###### Maji-Maji Rebellion
event = {
id = 180000
random = no
country = GER
trigger = {
event = 179999
owned = { province = 1139 data = GER }

}

name = "Maji-Maji Rebellion"
desc = "After the cotton policy in 1902, many tribes in the south part of German East africa have rose up against our rule. Von gotzen has requested rienforcements from germany which will arrive soon."
style = 0

date = { day = 30 month = july year = 1905 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 31 month = none year = 1905 }

action_a = {
name = "Damn"
command = { type = revolt which = 1139 }
}

}

###### I. and II. Seebattalion arrive
event = {
id = 180001
random = no
country = GER
trigger = {
event = 180000
OR = {
control = { province = 1140 data = GER }
control = { province = 1141 data = GER }
}

}

name = "Rienforcements from Germany arrive"
desc = "The Seebatallion marines have arrived from Germany"
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = november year = 1905 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 5 month = november year = 1905 }

action_a = {
name = "Great!"
command = { type = add_corps which = Seebatallion value = land when = where = 1140 }
command = { type = add_division which = Seebatallion value = marines when = 1 }
}

}

Although, I don't know what would've happened if the rebels won. I'm not sure how to set up the victory events, any ideas?

Last edited:
I've started work focusing on the major rebellions against German Colonial Rule. As posted above I have done the Maji-Maji rebellion and I plan on doing the Sokeh's Rebellion and possibly the Herero rebellion. And, I'll start work on a colonial warfare scenario based on the North Africa scenario of HOI 2.And I'll make a chain of events following the Wars in Africa and the pacific. As soon as I'm done these things, I would like some testers for the new events and the scenario.

I've noticed that there are no events related to the two Moroccan Crisis. Historically they had a great impact over the foreign politics of the European powers, and they would constitute an interesting casus belli.

Indeed, I think that at least a couple of events should be created, since I didn't see a way for France to annex Morocco like they historically did.
In my last 1897 game, Morocco was still there in 1916, ruled by Mulay Abd al-Aziz.

I've continued working on my colonial warfare scenario, I have events for the Pacific front and I've dealt with Lake Tanganyika, but I'm not sure what kind of African events there can be. If anyone has ideas for African events, please reply to this post.

I realised why I didn't see any Moroccan events: the morocco.txt file is not included in the events.txt file. Was it a deliberate choice or a mistake.

I planned to work on 1917-1922 Italian events (elections, Fiume occupated by D'Annunzio...) but do you mind if I work a little on Morocco? It's definitely a minor country but I see some potential in it.

I've expanded the preexisting events and created ahistorical ones which could lead to war against France and Spain and to the creation of Greater Morocco (as it was or it should have been). I'll playtest them, then I'll add some ministers and tech teams (I wish some leaders too...), so in the end I hope I'll make Morocco a playable nation.

I'll upload my work as soon as it's finished.

Question: in your opinion which provinces should be the cores of Greater Morocco?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Morocco

I added Fort Gourad, Tlemcen, Taoudenni, Geryville, Port Etienne, Melilla, Ceuta, Ifni, El Aiun and Villa Cisneros.

Here's a little preview of my work. The events are almost done, the ministers too. I only have to create some tech teams and leaders, and Morocco can be considered a playable nation.

These events are a bit "Kaiserreich-style", but I think they're fun, especially the ahistorical ones. It's difficult to find reliable information about that period, but I included the most important facts. If you really like my work, I could try to create some more events, but they won't add that much to the game, just for flavour.

Note: in real life if the Moroccans arrived in Algeri I'm sure France would ask for peace, but in the game the French seem to leave North Africa without any troop, so it's an easy ride for Morocco to beat them. I think I'd better add Tunis and/or Dakar to the provinces needed to trigger the peace event. What do you think?

Here's a little preview of my work. The events are almost done, the ministers too. I only have to create some tech teams and leaders, and Morocco can be considered a playable nation.

These events are a bit "Kaiserreich-style", but I think they're fun, especially the ahistorical ones. It's difficult to find reliable information about that period, but I included the most important facts. If you really like my work, I could try to create some more events, but they won't add that much to the game, just for flavour.

Note: in real life if the Moroccans arrived in Algeri I'm sure France would ask for peace, but in the game the French seem to leave North Africa without any troop, so it's an easy ride for Morocco to beat them. I think I'd better add Tunis and/or Dakar to the provinces needed to trigger the peace event. What do you think?

You did a good job but the framework is colonization not decolonization. This means that not only the event is unlikely but also France never would surrender. I think that at best France would accept a puppet. France should accept a puppet Morocco or worse a free Morocco only if loses many lives.

You did a good job but the framework is colonization not decolonization. This means that not only the event is unlikely but also France never would surrender. I think that at best France would accept a puppet. France should accept a puppet Morocco or worse a free Morocco only if loses many lives.

The war begins because Morocco doesn't want to become a puppet. So, if Morocco wins the war, they definitely become a free state. The point is: do you think that those territorial gains are excessive? Note that the "rebellion of Morocco" is already a gamey option, since in real life they had little choice but to accept the colonization. The chain of events that I created can lead to the creation of Greater Morocco, which surely is a remote possibility since France and Spain are too strong for an AI Morocco, but for a human player it could be a fun game. Also, the chances that AI Morocco decides to go to war are low.

This is just my opinion, but I think wether those gains are execissive or not really depends on the strength of the AI french or Spanish resistance. Morroco usually starts out with 1 division I beleive, unless the event gives them more units to fight French resistance with, they probably wouldn't have a chance. Does your event give Morroco more units?

This is just my opinion, but I think wether those gains are execissive or not really depends on the strength of the AI french or Spanish resistance. Morroco usually starts out with 1 division I beleive, unless the event gives them more units to fight French resistance with, they probably wouldn't have a chance. Does your event give Morroco more units?

The war with France event doesn't give more troops.

In the 1911 scenario I added two more units to Morocco, so in total they have 1 cavalry, 1 infantry and 2 militia divisions, which is not much, but can be enough to conquer Algeri. I don't know if it could be possible to get to Tunis and/or Dakar though.

In the 1897 scenario Morocco has 1 cavalry and 1 militia units as before, and the AI or the player is supposed to develop more units within 1911 (but I still have to test this scenario).

The war with Spain event gives Morocco a bunch of units, as you can see from the screenies. This event was already there. I only added a cavalry division and +5000 supplies, which are really necessary otherwise (at least in the 1911 scenario) the troops will begin to starve in a few days. Again, I still have to test this events from 1897, so I don't know how many supplies Marocco would stack from that date.

The war with France event doesn't give more troops.

In the 1911 scenario I added two more units to Morocco, so in total they have 1 cavalry, 1 infantry and 2 militia divisions, which is not much, but can be enough to conquer Algeri. I don't know if it could be possible to get to Tunis and/or Dakar though.

In the 1897 scenario Morocco has 1 cavalry and 1 militia units as before, and the AI or the player is supposed to develop more units within 1911 (but I still have to test this scenario).

The war with Spain event gives Morocco a bunch of units, as you can see from the screenies. This event was already there. I only added a cavalry division and +5000 supplies, which are really necessary otherwise (at least in the 1911 scenario) the troops will begin to starve in a few days. Again, I still have to test this events from 1897, so I don't know how many supplies Marocco would stack from that date.

Many things should be fixed in this mod and this is one. Colonial wars cannot be´handled in a normal scenario. The reason is that a bigger country always will win. Let's make an example: Italy fought against Ethiopia and lost a battle at Adwa (ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Adwa) This put an end to Italian's ambitions. In the normal HOI2 set up Italy can resume the fight and reinforce the front with as many units as possible. The issue is that in the real world this was not possible because this is a colonial war and because this is an asymmetric warfare. In my opinion this kind of wars need a separate scenario in which the resources are limited.

Last edited:
Maybe i can find a way to fit this in with my Colonial warfare scenario, although its mostly focused on German colony's and Egypt and the rest of North Africa. Or, like you said Cardus make a Seperate scenario. I'd be willing to do it.

Maybe i can find a way to fit this in with my Colonial warfare scenario, although its mostly focused on German colony's and Egypt and the rest of North Africa. Or, like you said Cardus make a Seperate scenario. I'd be willing to do it.

Yes. Please make a separate scenario as we said in the past.

So you mean that I shouldn't give Morocco any chance to rebel? My goal was to give to a human player the possibility to stay independent, however an AI Morocco, in case of rebellion, is going to be annexed, if not by France, by Spain. That's why I made up the treaty of Algeri. So by 1914 the situation would likely be almost the same as the historical one.

btw, take a look at the events related to the rebellion (there are many more before):

Code:
###The Treaty of Fez - Morocco (disbands army)	
event = {
	id = 533518
	country = MOR
	random = no

name = "The Treaty of Fez" #The Treaty of Fez
	desc = "Franco-German negotiations have led toward the Treaty of Fez. Morocco will soon become a French protectorate and our military forces will be disbanded."
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

action_a = {
		name = "Accept French overlordship" #Accept French overlordship
		ai_chance = 85
		command = { type = make_puppet which = MOR }
		command = { type = headofgovernment which = 78802 }
		command = { type = foreignminister which = 78803 }
		command = { type = armamentminister which = 78804 }
		command = { type = ministerofsecurity which = 78805 }
		command = { type = ministerofintelligence which = 78806 }	
		command = { type = chiefofstaff which = 78807 }
		command = { type = chiefofarmy which = 78808 }
		command = { type = chiefofnavy which = 78809 }
		command = { type = chiefofair which = 78810 }
		command = { type = delete_unit which = -1 }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "We won't be puppets in the hands of the infidels!" #Refuse French overlordship
		ai_chance = 15
		command = { type = war which = FRA }
		command = { type = dissent value = -20 }
		}
	}

###Morocco a French protectorate
event = {
	id = 533519
	country = FRA
	random = no

name = "Morocco a French protectorate" #Morocco a French protectorate
	desc = "As set by the Treaty of Fez, Morocco becomes a French protectorate."
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

date = { day = 28 month = march year = 1912 }
	deathdate = { day = 20 month = april year = 1912 }
	offset = 2

trigger  = {
		puppet = { country = MOR country = FRA }
		NOT = {
			atwar = FRA
			}
		}

action_a = {
		name = "Establish a protectorate" #Establish a protectorate
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = inherit which = MOR }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = SPA value = 955 }
		}
	}

###Morocco wins the war! (against France)
event = {
	id = 533521
	country = MOR
	random = no

name = "Morocco wins the war!" #Morocco wins the war!
	desc = "We have defeated the infidels! Morocco will be an indipendent nation!"
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

trigger = {
		war = { country = FRA country = MOR }
		OR = {
			AND = {
			control = { province = 958 data = MOR } #Casablanca
			control = { province = 953 data = MOR } #Oran
			control = { province = 949 data = MOR } #Algiers
			}
		      }
		    }

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1897 }
	offset = 3
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1935 }	

action_a = {
		name = "Seek an agreement with France" #Seek an agreement with France
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = trigger which = 533522 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 974 } #FortGourad
		command = { type = addcore which = 952 } #Tlemcen
		command = { type = addcore which = 975 } #Taoudenni
		command = { type = addcore which = 970 } #Geryville
		command = { type = addcore which = 973 } #PortEtienne

}
	}

###The Treaty of Casablanca (ahistorical)
event = {
	id = 533522
	country = FRA
	random = no

name = "The Treaty of Casablanca" #The Treaty of Casablanca
	desc = "We have been defeated by Morocco! Such a shame for a great power like France..."
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

action_a = {
		name = "Merde! We must put an end to this mess!" #Seek an agreement with Morocco
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = peace which = MOR value = 0 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 956 } #Oujda
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 974 } #FortGourad
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 952 } #Tlemcen
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 975 } #Taoudenni
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 970 } #Geryville
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 973 } #PortEtienne
		command = { type = non_aggression which = FRA where = MOR }
		command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
		}
	}

###War whith Spain (ahistorical)
event = {
	id = 533523
	country = MOR
	random = 85
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

trigger = {
		atwar = no
		control = { province = 955 data = SPA }
		event = 533522
		NOT = {
			war = { country = SPA country = FRA }
			war = { country = FRA country = MOR }
			}
		}
	date = { day = 1 month = january  year = 1897 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1914 }

name = "Morocco stands up again!"
	desc = "The victory on the French infidels showed that Morocco can be a great nation once again. We should take advantage of this moment and attack Spain to unify our country!"

action_a = {
		ai_chance = 50
		name = "Declare war on the Spanish infidels!"
		command = { type = war which = SPA }
		command = { type = trigger which = 533524 }
		}
	action_b = {
		ai_chance = 50
		name = "No, we want peace"
		command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 533524
	country = MOR
	random = no
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

name = "Holy War"
	desc = "The people of Morocco revolt against the Spanish dogs! We shall drive them out of our land!"

action_a = {
		ai_chance = 100
		name = "It's the will of Allah"
		command = { type = add_division which = al-Milishiya value = militia when = 1 }
		command = { type = add_division which = al-Mushati value = infantry when = 1 }
		command = { type = add_division which = Sipahis value = cavalry when = 1 }
		command = { type = supplies value = 5000 }
		command = { type = relative_manpower value = 5 }
		}
	}

###Morocco wins the war! (against Spain)
event = {
	id = 533525
	country = MOR
	random = no

name = "Morocco wins the war!" #Morocco wins the war!
	desc = "We have defeated the infidels! Morocco will be an united nation!"
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

trigger = {
		war = { country = SPA country = MOR }
		OR = {
			AND = {
			control = { province = 958 data = MOR } #Casablanca
			control = { province = 954 data = MOR } #Melilla
			control = { province = 957 data = MOR } #Ceuta
			control = { province = 967 data = MOR } #Ifni
			control = { province = 955 data = MOR } #VillaSanjuro
			control = { province = 972 data = MOR } #VillaCisneros
			}
		      }
		    }

offset = 3

action_a = {
		name = "Seek an agreement with Spain" #Seek an agreement with Spain
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = trigger which = 533526 }
		}
	}

###The Treaty of Seville (ahistorical)
event = {
	id = 533526
	country = SPA
	random = no

name = "The Treaty of Seville" #The Treaty of Seville
	desc = "We have been defeated by Morocco! Our Empire has declined forever..."
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

action_a = {
		name = "This is a sad day for Spain" #Seek an agreement with Morocco
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = peace which = MOR value = 0 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 954 } #Melilla
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 955 } #VillaSanjuro
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 957 } #Ceuta
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 967 } #Ifni
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 971 } #ElAiun
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MOR value = 972 } #VillaCisneros
		command = { type = non_aggression which = SPA where = MOR }
		command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
		}
	}

###Spain wins over Morocco (ahistorical)
event = {
	id = 533528
	country = SPA
	random = no

name = "The Treaty of Algeri"
	desc = "The Spanish troops have conquered Morocco. An international conference is called in Algeri to determine the future of those lands. Which will the Spanish line of action be?"
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

trigger = {
		NOT = {
			war = { country = GER country = FRA }
			atwar = SPA
			exists = MOR
			}
		event = 533524
		AND = {
			owned = { province = 958 data = SPA } #Casablanca
			owned = { province = 966 data = SPA } #Agadir
			owned = { province = 973 data = SPA } #PortEtienne
			}
		    }

offset = 10

action_a = {
		name = "Seek an agreement with France" #Seek an agreement with France
		ai_chance = 60
		command = { type = trigger which = 533529 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 974 } #FortGourad
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 952 } #Tlemcen
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 975 } #Taoudenni
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 970 } #Geryville
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 973 } #PortEtienne
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 100 }
		command = { type = money value = 300 }
		command = { type = supplies value = 1000 }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "Seek an agreement with France and Germany" #Seek an agreement with France and Germany
		ai_chance = 30
		command = { type = trigger which = 533529 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 533530 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 974 } #FortGourad
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 952 } #Tlemcen
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 975 } #Taoudenni
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 970 } #Geryville
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 973 } #PortEtienne
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 966 } #Agadir
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = GER value = 50 }
		command = { type = money value = 350 }
		command = { type = supplies value = 1300 }
		}
	action_c = {
		name = "The whole territory of Morocco will be a Spanish possession!" #No deal
		ai_chance = 10
		command = { type = dissent value = -20 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = GER value = -50 }
		}
	}

###France receives land in Morocco (ahistorical)
event = {
	id = 533529
	country = FRA
	random = no

name = "The Treaty of Algeri" #The Treaty of Algeri
	desc = "Spain has sold us the lands that we previously owned in North-West Africa."
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

action_a = {
		name = "Merci les Espagnols!" #Say thanks
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = money value = -300 }
		command = { type = supplies value = -1000 }
		command = { type = dissent value = 1 }
		}
	}

###Germany receives land in Morocco (ahistorical)
event = {
	id = 533530
	country = GER
	random = no

name = "The Treaty of Algeri" #The Treaty of Algeri
	desc = "Spain has sold us the port of Agadir in Morocco."
	style = 0
	picture = "morocco"

action_a = {
		name = "Danke nach Spanieren!" #Say thanks - I don't speak German so I hope it's right, if not please correct it!
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = money value = -50 }
		command = { type = supplies value = -300 }
		command = { type = dissent value = 1 }
		}
	}