• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think there should be an event which the Gemran merchant raider SMS Mowe, is sunk which activates the Hedwig von Wissman and Kingani on Lake tanganyika. And when the SMS Konigsberg is sunk, then an event will activate the Graf Von Gotzen.

And actually, there was a treaty in 1885, which stated that in the time of war, colonies would remain neutral. It was called the Congo act. But in World war 1, the British broke that treaty.

I'm sorry Keit101 if my tone is rude but now I think it's time to work instead to discussing and adding more stuff to a never ending story. Are you committed to do what you said? If yes please do it.

Yes, but I just need to know how. How do I make events that trigger other events. How do I make events that activate units. And for Lake Tanganyika, could beahces be added to the provinces and naval bases for the steamers. And the events need ID's right.

Yes, but I just need to know how. How do I make events that trigger other events. How do I make events that activate units. And for Lake Tanganyika, could beahces be added to the provinces and naval bases for the steamers. And the events need ID's right.

No events for the moment, as we said several times please work on the German East Africa

Last edited:
I think I might do what Arturius said, make the colonies one country called shutzgebeite. But if you insist on making German East Africa, well I'll work on it. But if you said I can't modify anything for tech teams, how am I going to make tech teams. Unless I kae a new excel document and save to a file for German east Africa. Would that work?

I think I might do what Arturius said, make the colonies one country called shutzgebeite. But if you insist on making German East Africa, well I'll work on it. But if you said I can't modify anything for tech teams, how am I going to make tech teams. Unless I kae a new excel document and save to a file for German east Africa. Would that work?

Please, as mentioned, follow the example of Vichy. Open the files and find what is relevant. Before any modification please remember to save a copy. After any modification test it.

I play the game to test it right. So your saying I can modify if I have an extra copy. So If I make a copy of any country then I can delete the stuff and make stuff for German east Africa. Could you give me an example. I've been wanting to do it for a couple days but I was just trying to get suggestions from you or anyone else.

I play the game to test it right. So your saying I can modify if I have an extra copy. So If I make a copy of any country then I can delete the stuff and make stuff for German east Africa. Could you give me an example. I've been wanting to do it for a couple days but I was just trying to get suggestions from you or anyone else.

Here you can find help: http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Mods
Scroll down to "General modding guides" and look for proper articles.

Thanks Arturius!

How do I make the game recognize the new nations such as German East Africa?

Even yet, I have to come up with names for their divisions and units.

And for the country's ID I could use U20 or Deutsch-Ostafrika. Or am i wrong

Last edited:
Thanks Arturius!

How do I make the game recognize the new nations such as German East Africa?

Even yet, I have to come up with names for their divisions and units.

And for the country's ID I could use U20 or Deutsch-Ostafrika. Or am i wrong

First, you have define the new country. Look here: http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/General_Modding_FAQ

The country's ID are unchangable. I don't know the 1914-files, so you have to look, which ID isn't in use. Choose an unused ID. It is now the ID of your new country.

Should it only be possible to liberate - manual or by event - the country, so see the link above, what do you have to do. Should the country exist from beginnig, you have to modify the scenario-files additionally: http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Modding_scenarios

Well the German colonies(seperate country's for each colony respectivley) are all supposed to be created when Germany decides if it wants to keep the colonies nuetral. If so the they become puppets of germany with Wilhem the 2nd as Head of State(since they're technically still german colonies) and if Britain and France Decide not to respect the Congo Act then they can choose to figth for Germany they eneter an alliance with Germany or they can choose to offer no resistance and be annexed by France or Britain. Cardus I know you don't want to hear a never ending story but I'm just explaining how they will originate and what will become of them if Britain and France decide not to respect the Congo Act.

Well, If i can't make new country's i have another idea. If Germany, France, and Britain decide to respect the Congo Act, then their Divisions in Africa and the Pacific will be locked and cannot attack each other. If they don't or one of them doesn't, then all units will be able to move and new divisions will arrive in British and French colonies and German colonies.

I looked at that FAQ you have me, and I took a look at unused id's, u00-u19, they're all taken. Does that mean I can't make a new country?

keith101 the issue is that you should be at least computer literate which you are not. I have checked and it seems to me that from u00-u19 are all free. Please try to learn and check twice before posting

but, I checked the Excel files for countrys and U00 to U19 were taken.

U00;Congo Free State;;;;;;;;;;X
U01;Jebel Shammar;;;;;;;;;;X
U02;Senusia;;;;;;;;;;X
U03;Hejaz;;;;;;;;;;X
U04;Hawaii;;;;;;;;;;X
U05;Bavaria;;;;;;;;;;X
U06;Soviet Azerbaijan;;;;;;;;;;X
U07;Revolutionary Mexico;;;;;;;;;;X
U08;Armenian SSR;;;;;;;;;;X
U09;Georgian SSR;;;;;;;;;;X
U10;Aïr;;;;;;;;;;X
U11;Austria-Hungary;;;;;;;;;;X
U12;AnFu China;;;;;;;;;;X
U13;Ahaggar;;;;;;;;;;X
U14;Asir;;;;;;;;;;X
U15;White Movement;;;;;;;;;;X
U16;Soviet Ukraine;;;;;;;;;;X
U17;Makhnovshchina;;;;;;;;;;X
U18;Ulster;;;;;;;;;;X
U19;Orange Free State;;;;;;;;;;X

That's wat it is on my file.

but, I checked the Excel files for countrys and U00 to U19 were taken.

U00;Congo Free State;;;;;;;;;;X
U01;Jebel Shammar;;;;;;;;;;X
U02;Senusia;;;;;;;;;;X
U03;Hejaz;;;;;;;;;;X
U04;Hawaii;;;;;;;;;;X
U05;Bavaria;;;;;;;;;;X
U06;Soviet Azerbaijan;;;;;;;;;;X
U07;Revolutionary Mexico;;;;;;;;;;X
U08;Armenian SSR;;;;;;;;;;X
U09;Georgian SSR;;;;;;;;;;X
U10;Aïr;;;;;;;;;;X
U11;Austria-Hungary;;;;;;;;;;X
U12;AnFu China;;;;;;;;;;X
U13;Ahaggar;;;;;;;;;;X
U14;Asir;;;;;;;;;;X
U15;White Movement;;;;;;;;;;X
U16;Soviet Ukraine;;;;;;;;;;X
U17;Makhnovshchina;;;;;;;;;;X
U18;Ulster;;;;;;;;;;X
U19;Orange Free State;;;;;;;;;;X

That's wat it is on my file.

You can also use ID's of that countries which aren't appear in the world of the 1914-Mod. Look at the revolt.txt. Some ID's are marked with "#" to be unused.

#SCA = {
# date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1897 }
# expirydate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1947 }
# minimum = {
# 112 126 127 123 122 121 120 119 115 113 114 106 105 104 102 101 100 99 98 97 93 95 96 92 292 293 294 107 108 109 110 111 116 117 118 124 125 128 129
# }
# extra = { 91 295 800 1 2 }
# capital = 101
#}

For example ID "SCA". Originally the ID is used for Scandinavia, but in 1914 it is disabled. So you can use it for your plans. As I said before, never change the ID. It is a constant value. If it possible you should use for the african colonies, because of overview reasons, unused ID's of african countries. But let the chosen ID's verify by Cardus.

Last edited:
So you mean, I can take this

}
#UZB = {
# minimum = {
# 1584 1585 1489 1487 1427 1488
# }
# extra = { }
# capital = 1427
#}

and replace it with this

}
#UZB = {
# date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1914 }
# minimum = {
# 1234 1345 1576 1245 1427
# }
# extra = { }
# capital = 1427

And that'll be German East Africa?(I don't know the province id's)

Last edited:
So you mean, I can take this

}
#UZB = {
# minimum = {
# 1584 1585 1489 1487 1427 1488
# }
# extra = { }
# capital = 1427
#}

and replace it with this

}
#UZB = {
# date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1914 }
# minimum = {
# 1234 1345 1576 1245 1427
# }
# extra = { }
# capital = 1427

And that'll be German East Africa?(I don't know the province id's)

Already mentioned: in the same directory of the game there is a file called editor.exe you can find there the id's. Please pay attention: don't modify anything! Just have a look at the ID's