• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Krea

Sergeant
7 Badges
Oct 21, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I'm trying to get some events firing quickly, even set the MTTH to 10 days but one/two years after less than half of the ones who were supposed to fire did. Is this normal? Is it because my pc is too slow? Maybe the engine has too much events at the same time and it only processes some? Any help appreciated.:)

-Krea

I'm trying to get some events firing quickly, even set the MTTH to 10 days but one/two years after less than half of the ones who were supposed to fire did. Is this normal? Is it because my pc is too slow? Maybe the engine has too much events at the same time and it only processes some? Any help appreciated.:)

-Krea

There are sometimes problems with very low MTTH's or very long MTTH's, I don't know exactly when an MTTH is to short or to long, but they sometimes don't work properly.

-Krea

To make sure the MTTH is valid, try the following.
If these are character events, try launching them in the console with a valid character in focus. The debug window will tell you the actual daily chance of it firing.
If they are province events, select a valid province and do the same.

On slower computers MTTH is thrown out of the window since CK/DV will not be able to perform all MTTH calculations for every day, and will get stuck trying to catch up. But you'd have to be using a really slow PC to hit that limitation.

Tried it, the MTTH is really 10 days.

Done the test again on a faster PC and again in that one on the slowest speed of CK. Same result. After more than a year, less than half the provinces got the event.

Does CK check provevent x in it's MTTH once for each province or once globally?

-Krea

EDIT: Also, on a not so related note, >> condition = { type = ruler_stewardship << in events only checks the ruler's stewardship value, not the ruler's+steward's as mencioned in event_effects.txt. Is it a bug or it's supposed to be like this?

Last edited: