• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jinnai said:
... country specific ones, beyond english prviateer and japanese pirates,

There are rather more country specific events than those in the game right now. Some of these are quite important (like the Genoese ones) for event choices and historical evolution. And I'd still like to have the American mines decline with random events.

anyones that are non-historical random events, ie ones that should use the random = ## instead of random = yes is what i'm talking about, although i could do them all....but if they aren't nessary for historic event sequences, i'd prefer them to be in the random events section.

Jinnai, wouldn't it be good to have a thread for *all* ID:s? I will start that event ID thread and thought the monarchs and leader ID:s could be posted there as well, in separate posts. OK?

EDIT: Who's willing to keep track of the monarch and leader ID:s? Jinnai or someone else?

Last edited:
Jinnai said:
anyones that are non-historical random events, ie ones that should use the random = ## instead of random = yes is what i'm talking about, ....

Does that work?

Norrefeldt, can you change the colours you've used for the culture list. They are compltely unreadable for me.

I have questions regarding leader, monarch, and event numbering:

The "Grand ID and tag repository" thread lists the range for each tag. So, within the range do we just choose any number we want for our leaders, monarchs, and events. Or, is the range just for events? In that case, what are the ranges for the leaders and monarchs?

I've decided to make the CotN Vinland Mod compatible with the AGCEEP, so I'll need this information. Thanks.

GeneralSnoopy said:
I have questions regarding leader, monarch, and event numbering:

The "Grand ID and tag repository" thread lists the range for each tag. So, within the range do we just choose any number we want for our leaders, monarchs, and events. Or, is the range just for events? In that case, what are the ranges for the leaders and monarchs?

I've decided to make the CotN Vinland Mod compatible with the AGCEEP, so I'll need this information. Thanks.
You just got to make sure that each id number you use isn't taken. If it is you'll get an error msg at the start of the game when you load it up.

I'm not fit to run this ID business anymore since I have installed XP and cannot search the files like I could before. I could add every single tag file extention to the searching process but that's a rather tedious job. Is there an easier solution (like an easy way to rename them all to txt version just for searching), or perhaps someone with WIN2000 that could help out finding new ranges for people in need?

Is it first-come first-serve for the monarch and leader IDs? If so, I would like to reserve the following ranges. There are no ID conflicts when I use them.

TAG VOL (Vinland)
monarch 19900-19939
leader 19940-19970

I assume the monarchs and leaders use the same ID table, so there can be no overlapping. I also assume the event ID range does not apply to the monarchs/leaders.

Where do I submit this request ?

Norrefeldt said:
I'm not fit to run this ID business anymore since I have installed XP and cannot search the files like I could before. I could add every single tag file extention to the searching process but that's a rather tedious job. Is there an easier solution (like an easy way to rename them all to txt version just for searching), or perhaps someone with WIN2000 that could help out finding new ranges for people in need?
And again I could be an assistance. :) You could use PropertiesPlus. It's a little freeware program which integrates itself into a shell.

What ID ranges does AGCEEP use? I want to test some new events & monarchs so I want to make sure I don't get database errors.

Thank You