Europa Universalis: The Price of Power (EU board game) - Development Diary #15 - Production has started

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eivindv

Sergeant
1 Badges
Sep 21, 2018
www.aegirgames.com
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
2d9e94dc4e3002f45035f9f3db5cc74d_original.jpg

The latest test prints of the Deluxe box bottom and Base Game box top.

Yes, production has started​

The components that take the longest to manufacture are well into the process.

This means that a staggering amount of Wooden components for the Deluxe (Town disks, Military Units, Ship Units, Merchants and Cubes) and Base Game (Merchants and Cubes) are being cut and painted as you are reading this.

All the Plastic components (Miniatures, Dice, and Trays) are currently being cast in top-quality molds. We will get some pictures for you as soon as we can.
Cardboard components (Map Boards, Player Mats, and Punchboards) are next in line, and the final versions are currently being proofread.

44b0c2012fadb0b87c319f20fe85c81d_original.jpg

The latest sample of the Double-layered Player Mats (Deluxe Ed.), with rounded corners

Cards (Events, Action Cards, Trade Cards, Setup Cards, Missions, Milestones, Power Struggles, and Ideas) are now being proofread, both internally and by the community. You can leave us comments too! (Check the section below). We will go through your comments as quickly as we can before these files go to press.

Booklets (Rulebook, Scenario booklets, Solo Rulebook) have all new imagery and examples. The final round of revisions is still ongoing, so this will be the last thing to leave our hands.

Have we been able to stick to the tentative timeline from the last update? Obviously not, since everything has not been sent off yet. But it is moving forward, and there are not many things remaining on our to-do list now.
db7a8aa19268d04913133e801ff2d8ff_original.png

Here you can see a neat exploded view of the Deluxe box contents (minus booklets).

Try it NOW!​

You can try all the finalized components we are talking about right now in TTS, in the various official Scenarios, which we update regularly. You can find all available Scenarios, and support for them, in our Discord Server.

Helps us proofread Events, Action Cards, and Trade Cards​

The Events and Action Cards are tested and done. Now they have gone through the layout process that gives them the final print-ready look. This is the point where we could use some new pairs of eyes, to check for missing details or inconsistencies throughout the text. Just click on the images to go to the documents and comment on the cards.

We already received so much useful community feedback on the files published over the past few weeks, and are forever grateful for this! It has helped us pick up and fix a lot of little issues which we might otherwise have missed. The time invested into this (by everyone involved) has really improved the overall quality.

Notes: It is better if you place your comment on the image, rather than on the text, so everyone can still read the cards. If you plan to edit your comments, you would want to create an account there.

Action & Trade Cards:

Click here to go to the document

Events & Setup Cards:

Click here to go to the document

Here I Stand Once More​

Patrick Johnston-Hart, always so great, is making a Here I Stand Once More video series. This is the scenario he made, which won the Scenario Competition, that is included in the Deluxe Scenario Booklet.

To date there are 4 different videos, check them all out!

Introduction for the Netherlands​

Our most beautiful Jarige made an Introduction Video in Dutch!

--------------------------
All the best and take care!
Víctor and Eivind @Aegir Games.

• 23Like
  • 11Love
Reactions:
I'm so much looking forward to it.
Lucky me it got delayed until just after my final exams :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hooray! Finally some good EU news.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Lovely news!
oGccuEE.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
I gave up on EU4 years ago but I might have to get the boardgame.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Very impressive packaging/production.

• 1Like
Reactions:
its availlable for play online ?
Yes! I’ve been playing the game (currently on my fourth game) for over a year, and the game is fantastic.

The game exists as a module on Tabletop Simulator. The module itself is free, while TTS costs $20 on Steam (half that on frequent sales). The most up to date module is here:
There are some pre-set scenarios here that have slightly more up to date components:

Current rules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmgs3l7eb8di98r/Europa_Universalis-Rules_Draft_0.5.4-web.pdf?dl=0
Known updates to rules (the above rules are like 12 months old, finalized rules likely out in a month or so):

Gameplay videos:

So those resources are enough to learn how to play the game and the TTS program will let you actually play. I play both via forum on board game geek and using zoom to play live remotely with some friends.

If you’re on discord, the publisher Aegir Games has a very active discord server with frequent rules/strategy discussions and people will often match up for games using that platform. Would love to have you take a look and enjoy a fantastic game.

discord invite:

• 1Love
Reactions: