Europa Universalis: The Price of Power - Development Diary #16 - Cards are DONE / Map Goes to Print / Pre-order Shop is Closing

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eivindv

Sergeant
1 Badges
Sep 21, 2018
www.aegirgames.com
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up

All of the 702 cards are done​

Well, not done as in printed but done as in "Final Final" so, if you would like to click on the images, go to the respective links and see if you can spot any elusive typos, that would be helpful for the "Ultimate Final Final" file, the one that goes to print.

The Mini Cards

After going around and making sure everything makes sense within the Events, within the Set-ups, within the different game versions, within HISTORY. We have the newest and, we hope, the last iteration of the Missions, Milestones, Power Struggles, and Ideas for you here.

Click on the image to go to the PDF in which you can comment on any typos or doubts you may have. Please do so in the corners of each card so the text remains readable for the next person.

The Events, Setup Cards, and Action Cards

We have been through these many times over and made up our minds about the effects and the repercussions they will have on the Rules and game. Still! If you see any typo there that tingles your grammar-senses, this is the last time you can do it before we send them to print.

Click on the images to go to the PDF in which you can comment on any typos or doubts you may have. Please do so in the corners of each card so the text remains readable for the next person.

So, the Rulebooks are progressing too​

Here are some of the illustrated gameplay examples on which I have been working lately:

ec2d7dac9e5f35b65b0c8f0df9ab78bd_original.jpg

7164475052ae8acfbe4cc7aa1148135c_original.jpg

ac565a3ed7dfd53670608af2a08e922a_original.jpg

Additionally, recent discussions in our Discord about things like CtA (Call to Arms), Crusades, have helped us to nail down these segments of the rules, and simply make the whole game better and more coherent. There are still some gray areas and minor holes in the rules that we want to tidy up, and that is why we are not through with it so far. Our goal is to deliver a game that will be on your table regularly, because you love it, and it is good and flexible.

If you want to be part of the active discussion, join our Discord!

Realm Player Aid​

At least there is something I am working on that I can show to you, and many of you have asked to have. This is not final, religions must be updated and decided, and the last changes on the map must be taken into account.

1bb3fee190bf4b71a293ef108fbbb7c5_original.png

Final Map – at the Printers​

Ay mamasita! What a ride, trying to find the most appropriate names for each of the Provinces and Areas, and make everyone happy. But this is how it goes, and files for both the boards and play mat add-ons have been submitted to the printers.

When in doubt we have used EU4 naming conventions where it was applicable. In the cases where there have been no direct equivalents to compare to we have had to trust our own instincts in the end but also taken a lot of feedback to heart from you guys, our backers, and members of the Aegir Games Discord Server Community.

Player Mats​

Some days ago, @Captanc asked in the Discord about the size of each player on the table, so I did some pictures, and I thought, these could also go for an update. Here you see how good and tidy is, how 20 Units fit perfectly on the Available Manpower Pool, and that there is enough space on the Monarch Powers to fit all the cubes.

Things I would like to highlight:

- The rounded corners on the Player Mat.
- How tidy everything is, easy to place and reach.
- The new slot for the "Change National Focus" cube.
- How tilted the leftmost Large Town is (heheheh).
- The different configurations possible and more, up to your imagination.

d953609eb3cebe2629384d87825ac976_original.jpg

1534ce2146467b3fa2c94942368229af_original.jpg

c9aa9d046c7c35965f7d7d7ad1332091_original.jpg

Scenario Showcase Videos!​

Thanks to the help of Jarige, Mikhs, CrazyShini, Arccos, and Al'Eskander, we are making a series of videos with experienced players, showcasing the first, or first few, rounds of each Official Scenario. But we also explain the hows and whys of each of our actions, so you can learn to play with them too!

Here it is the Sea Route to India, the last one recorded:
Find a way around! Rush to the New World! Frenetically, Portugal runs to colonize, as we witness the awakening of the Big Blue Blob, the English almost "Bankroet" incident, and … Castile turning into the powerhouse of the cell … I mean, Spain

And one of the community favorites, Mediterranean Dominance:
Naval Battles, the biggest Plague possible, a lot of player interaction from the very beginning!

You can still find more in the channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AegirGames

Oh, Snap!​

af5ce861c971b4c311c81485918cb4d2_original.png

One by one, all Snap points have to be placed by hand

Thanks to the Community as always, for providing feedback for all the components and rules. And thanks especially to Mikhs and CrazyShini who helped me to click on all the provinces and Snaps on the newest map, so we can have the latest. Mikhs also updates the scenarios on TTS, with the newest cards so we all can play the latest version of the game. Thanks also to Patch for providing the punchline in the title of this section.

I think I have said it many times, but I will still say it again. If you want to be part of the active community and test with us Join the Discord! we do demos anytime people need them!

The Pre-Order Shop is closing​

27 June is the last day.

Now that we see the light at the end of the tunnel (we are not yet dying), the pre-orders will be closing in our webshop www.aegirgames.com/shop also the Kickstarter pledges that haven't spent their remaining credits on Gamefound (Late Pledges are long closed). If you are one (or you suspect you are one) let me know at victor(at]aegirgames(dot)com

That is it for now.

------------------------------

With care and love,
Eivind & Víctor @ Aegir Games
(Come to play with us on TTS, dang it!)

Keep yourself updated!
First and foremost, if you would like day-to-day updates about development. The place to go is Aegir Games Facebook Page and Aegir Games’ Discord Server where there are daily discussions and playtesting of the game. There is also a collection of Kickstarter Updates with in-depth information about the game development over the past year.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
Wasn't really following this since I'm not a board gaming person, but the scenario showcases look very interesting. I might have to shoot for it at some point. I hope this product sells well for what it is.

Realm Player Aid​

At least there is something I am working on that I can show to you, and many of you have asked to have. This is not final, religions must be updated and decided, and the last changes on the map must be taken into account.

Can you make the image bigger or at least have it so we can click on it to zoom in. I'd like to be able to see the realms more closelyand I'm sure others do too.

Reactions:
hi, some quick feedback for the map, even though it's too late to do anything with that.

i would definitely suggest changing 'Doggerbank' to 'Dogger Bank'. afaik that's the standard spelling.

also 'Małopolska' is spelled with the "ł" character; perhaps getting that in print wouldn't break players' Unicode (that's assumedly why Polish diacritics got axed from the PC game).

the icon for Sofya could probably sit closer to the city's actual location south of the mountains rather than in the Danubian plain to the north.

Reactions:
stunning graphics on the map - can i ask for a contact on the person who designed it? their instagram where I could see additional work would be ideal. Thank you!

Can you make the image bigger or at least have it so we can click on it to zoom in. I'd like to be able to see the realms more closelyand I'm sure others do too.
The moment is ready to show and comment on it, we will release it as the rest of the components.

The map is so ugly...this is an actual physical map, without any of the technical limitations of a computer game, you could have gone for a detailed, ancient-looking feel...

Reactions:
Final version of the rulebook is being worked on by the game designer. This isn’t about adding/tweaking rules, but about grammar, graphic design, clarity, and conciseness (as much as is possible in 40+ page rulebook).

Final draft of rulebook is really all that’s left. Most physical components including wood towns and meeples and board itself are already in production.

Apparently the next Kickstarter update will come out possibly as soon as this week, which is expected to provide a new timeline (although admittedly the last timeline was far too optimistic).