Europa Universalis patch 1.28.3 is now LIVE! [checksum 3ba8] - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great start. Hope it's a continuing trend and not just a one-off. The extra polish shows you guys really care, and believe me, a lot of people (often the quieter bunch) will notice that. Keep it up.

Game broken (with Custom New World), please allow revert, and can't post on Bug Report Forum for whatever reason because the Steam linking stuff doesn't work for whatever reason, so is there a way that someone can help me with this?

I mean, the bug litterally appeared WITH the update.

EDIT : Forget this. The login process on Steam just took 30 minutes because of course it did. Posting on the appropriate board now.

Last edited:
My (modded) game crashes too and I don't have the option to roll back to the previous patch. :(

GJ paradox, The Liberty desire not going over -100 anymore made my meme custom playthrough where i only use diplo,vassals and espionage into an even bigger meme
upload_2019-2-5_2-53-41.png

upload_2019-2-5_3-7-1.png

upload_2019-2-5_3-11-15.png

upload_2019-2-5_3-16-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-5_2-50-43.png
    upload_2019-2-5_2-50-43.png
    4,4 MB · Views: 49
Great start. Hope it's a continuing trend and not just a one-off. The extra polish shows you guys really care, and believe me, a lot of people (often the quieter bunch) will notice that. Keep it up.
That's true, and when I complain about not being able to roll back to finish my campaign, please interpret that as 'people caring loudly at you'. So keep up the good work! (and yes, the good work does include adding options to continue a campaign in spite of updates)

so where is the 1.28.2 version?? Its NOT listed under BETA's. getting really frustrated at so many updates & patches regularly forced on you and never able to complete a game in previous version.

So...any further word on the 1.28.2 version getting posted to Beta's?... the new update sort of ruined a multiplayer custom nations save I have...All the custom nation's ideas are wrong, and I'd sort of like to roll back to correct them.

does this break ironman campaigns?

Edit: It does. Was hoping I had just dropped connection and the achievement icon would come back when I restarted.

Last edited:
does this break ironman campaigns?

Edit: It does. Was hoping I had just dropped connection and the achievement icon would come back when I restarted.
Where is that icon? I am doing a Kongo run for the Africa achievement, I am in the middle of it and I'd really hate to have to restart it.

Where is that icon? I am doing a Kongo run for the Africa achievement, I am in the middle of it and I'd really hate to have to restart it.

By the pause button, it's a small circle with a trophy inside. If this button is grey, you can't get achievements. If it's blue, with a gold trophy, you can still get them.

By the pause button, it's a small circle with a trophy inside. If this button is grey, you can't get achievements. If it's blue, with a gold trophy, you can still get them.
http://prntscr.com/mi2txz - works fine for me, so my ironman achievement is still on.

EDIT: Somehow I missed that button and I have 1000+ hours of game time, 3k counted. I didn't have the Colonial Management achievement and I changed governors in my 3 colonial nations and it worked, so the button works and I also got an achievement, so it works fine.

Conclusion: 1.28.3 does not break ironman games and achievements.

Last edited:
So IDK if this is a bug or intentional, but it seems that Bermuda (part of the Greater Antilles state) is not part of the Colonial Carribean region, at least not this patch?

Will my laptop (Intel Core i5-6200U, 16GB DDR4, Intel HD 520, 1TB SSD and Windows 10 Home) able to run 64-version of this game fluently, too please? How much will rise up minimal requirement for 64-bit version, please? Actually I haven't any problem with it (all DLCs with last 32-bit version 1.28.3.0).

So IDK if this is a bug or intentional, but it seems that Bermuda (part of the Greater Antilles state) is not part of the Colonial Carribean region, at least not this patch?
Nor in any other patch. Bermuda was part of the Eastern America Colonial Region and the Chesapeake Trade Node many patches ago. They were changed to the Caribbean Trade Node, but not put into any Colonial Region (~Mare Nostrum, IIRC).

No idea if that was a bug or intentional, initially. But it's been mentioned before, implying that devs were happy leaving it as is. So it joins several provinces around the periphery of the new world that are part of American Trade Nodes, but aren't part of any Colonial Region: Greenland, Bermuda, Falklands, Galapagos, Hawaii. Be nice to know how much is "oops" and how much is WAD, but don't hold your breath.

Personally, I used to like that there were a few locations that wouldn't automatically become part of your Colonial Nation. Now that extra territories actually hurt you, though, I can understand it might get irritating.

Of course, Colonial Nations aren't what they used to be, either.