Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 9: Policies & Ideas & More

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Prussia has been constantly on a nerf streak since 1.1 iirc. And this is bad for all the warmongers like myself that play EU4 around that style and prefer wars to kitten talks like most of the Pro-Prussian-Nerf folks out there.

That would be nice, but actually forming Prussia historically is difficult. AI Teutonic Order never seems to flip to Protestant and become Prussia itself, which prevents Brandenburg from making it a vassal/PU (outside of war) and afterwards taking it over.

That is exactly the point. Make it a prize for a difficult accomplishment.

The Teutonic Order not becoming Protestant is fixable with a few special events.

do policies only ever give bonuses? surely there should be some negative aspects to applied policies also. i.e. you improve one area of your realm at the slight detriment of another?

@apg The slight detirement of another is I suppose the -1 MP per month.

Why is Diplomacy group still the most useless ones in the game.

For us who only play multiplayer, Diplomacy is the most laughable group in the whole list, why would anyone ever pick that?
I suggest you try to fix that somehow, having these single player only groups is pretty dumb in a game where MP is the best thing in paradox games in a long while.

So now the two most militarized nations Sweden and Preussen has lower discipline than France, Hungary, Ethiopia, Byzantium, Great Britain, Poland and many more, Sweden is on the pair with Bayern and Saxony.

Is this the intention?

So now the two most militarized nations Sweden and Preussen has lower discipline than France, Hungary, Ethiopia, Byzantium, Great Britain, Poland and many more, Sweden is on the pair with Bayern and Saxony.

Is this the intention?
This is probably the tenth time this is mentioned in this thread :) In the dev diary it is written that they did not list changes in discipline if it is not just halved. France and all those nations you mentioned now have 5 % discipline.

Is this the intention?

jBtlUBm.jpg

For us who only play multiplayer, Diplomacy is the most laughable group in the whole list, why would anyone ever pick that?
I suggest you try to fix that somehow, having these single player only groups is pretty dumb in a game where MP is the best thing in paradox games in a long while.
I haven't played multiplayer (and most of the players haven't, you're part of a minority), but I'd guess that Exploration is a good idea group even for multiplayer.
Also as a island nation, isn't Naval useful?

I haven't played multiplayer (and most of the players haven't, you're part of a minority), but I'd guess that Exploration is a good idea group even for multiplayer.
Also as a island nation, isn't Naval useful?

Perhaps he means the diplmatic ideagroup. Because, Trade, Expansion and Exploration is pretty good in multiplayer. Naval can be useful some times.

Almost three quarters of the players only play SP. MP is the lesser party.

I was hoping that with all of the idea changes, Tolerance of Heretics would be changed so that it is no longer among the most damaging penalties that you can have.

Missionary Strength was sometimes too crude a tool, so we added a separate missionary strength against heretics. This means that Counter Reformation is no longer a brilliant tool to convert the infidels, but more of a tool to bring the protestants back into the fold.

This doesn't make any sense. One of the main goals of the Counter Reformation (besides, of course, re-converting the Protestants) was to expand Catholicism worldwide. Missionary orders that came out of the Counter-Reformation (Jesuits, etc.) were also extremely active overseas, not just in Protestant areas.