Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 7: Free Features #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So WoN is being released on the end of the month? Good news!

Will the Myaphysites in CKII be converted correctly or still become Orthodox?

That's something that the CKII team would resolve, not the EUIV team.

There is no Al-Misr Arabic culture anymore, most of the arabic cultures changed names a couple of patches ago, the culture is just called Egyptian now.

Why didn't I notice this? :huh:

Will the Myaphysites in CKII be converted correctly or still become Orthodox?

Well after Rajas of India all Indian cultures STILL convert to no_culture so.... I wouldn't count on it :(

Ibadi - Makes Oman more alone in the world.
+100% heir chance and +10% Naval Morale, while having -2 like all the other muslims to conversions.

Coptic - Ethiopia is no longer Orthodox
+10% Defensiveness, and +2 Tolerance to own. Hardest christian to convert with -2.

Finally the Miaphysites will be exported properly from CK2!

Are olonial nations going to be tweaked? They absolutely need it. At least to see some of them pushing for independence

This. I've played three games to the end since CoP and I've never seen a CN try to revolt, even when their overlord was all tiny and weakened. Even reaching 50% liberty desire is pretty rare.

I like formable nations, but.....
1. To form Kurland, you just tech up as LO, or take 2 provinces as Riga and change to Protestantism.
2. To form Egypt, you just sit there and tech up.....
3. To form the last one, you can only do it as the Uzbeks, and you lose some land in the process.

I do appreciate the hard work from PDS, but can we have nations that are more of a challenge to form? Maybe think outside of the box and make a formable nation that was ''historically accurate'', but maybe have one that was feasible at the time.

1. To form Kurland, you just tech up as LO, or take 2 provinces as Riga and change to Protestantism.
Well, the Duchy of Kurland was formed after Livonian Order lost most of its land, similarly to the Teoutonic Order and the Duchy of Prussia, so it fits that they don't need to conquer anything.

I'd love some more easy achievments. I mean, I know it should be a challenge, but not all of them. With CoP there was at least 2 easy ones (5 colonial nations and 100% patriarchal authority) for 5, maybe 7 total. Now it's 2/10, + 1 which is basicly luck. Also as for the bukhara: If Uzbek would manage to westernize before would it change the tech group to musilim as well?
2. To form Egypt, you just sit there and tech up.....
3. To form the last one, you can only do it as the Uzbeks, and you lose some land in the process.
As for 1: a lot of countries are very easy to form (Scandinavia as Denmark is basicly not losing the PU, it's just a diplomat to get the relation high)
As for 2: and You try to survive the inevitable OE attacks. Thet the hardest FC in this patch imho.
As for 3: But You get much better tech group. Burgundy loses half of them in process of creating Netherlands, thats frustrating.