Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 7: Free Features #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Hi.

Since may 1st was a holiday here in Sweden, you guys did not get a development diary that day.. So we give a bonus one this week, so we can finish them all before release in the end of may. *touch wood*

Here's a list of free features for the 1.6 Patch, that will accompany the Wealth of Nations

New Colonial Region

Australia & New Zealand are now a colonial region, so nations colonising them will get a colonial nation down under as well.

Formable Nations

• Egypt - Can be formed if Al-Misr Arabic (aka Mamelukes), and have adm tech 20, and is independent, while owning Cairo, Rashid, Dumyat, Faiyum & Alexandria.
  • Bukhara - Can be formed after 1500 by the Uzbeks if they own Bukhara., which releases Sibir as independent and makes Bukhara high basetax, and swaps you to a muslim techgroup nation.
  • Kurland - Livonian Order or Riga can form it if they are protestant or reformed and has both Kurland & Semigallia at admtech 10, while independent. They become a feudal monarchy with old prussian culture then.

New Religions

Sikhism - Enables after 1499 from an event in India, and also comes with its unique events.
5% cheaper techs, and +5 land morale, while having -1 when someone tries to convert a sikh province.
There is also a new religiongroup called dharmic, which has Hinduism and Sikhism, which allows voluntary conversions between them.

Ibadi - Makes Oman more alone in the world.
+100% heir chance and +10% Naval Morale, while having -2 like all the other muslims to conversions.

Coptic - Ethiopia is no longer Orthodox
+10% Defensiveness, and +2 Tolerance to own. Hardest christian to convert with -2.

Iqta Reform

A country with Iqta can now reform to administrative monarchy at admtech 12 if they have westernised and have good legitimacy.

New Achievements
  1. The Great Khan- As the Mongol Khanate or the Golden Horde, conquer China, Persia and Russia.
  2. Four For Trade - Get Four Trading Companies and have them provide merchants.
  3. The Grand Armada - Have 500 heavy ships and have no loans.
  4. Je Maintiendrai - Form Netherlands as dutch culture minor dutch culture minor)
  5. A Protected Market - Get 100% Mercantilism
  6. Queen of Mercury - As Kilwa, own Zanzibar & Bombay.
  7. A Pile of Gold - Own 10 provinces producing gold.
  8. Sons of Carthage - Tunis, own Sicily, Sardinia, algiers, tunis & spanish coast on med.
  9. The Princess is in this Castle - Female Ruler & Female Heir
  10. Electable! - Become elector when not starting as elector.

On thursday, Besuchov is back and will talk about the interface improvements.

A country with Iqta can now reform to administrative monarchy at admtech 12 if they have westernised and have good legitimacy.

Would have made a Najd game or two significantly easier. Oh well. Too bad there will never be Rev/CRev + administrative monarchy Najd.

5% cheaper techs, and +5 land morale, while having -1 when someone tries to convert a sikh province.
There is also a new religiongroup called dharmic, which has Hinduism and Sikhism, which allows voluntary conversions between them.
Horray!

Although, what's the reasoning behind the cheaper techs?

Hype! Ibadi, Sikhism AND Coptic!? So excited!

Thanks for the update Johan.
Please also fix the achievement list at Steam, as there is one "Not an Achievement" entry making it impossible to get 100% completion in EU IV.
I am sure many people would like to get a full completion. Thank you!

Thanks for the update Johan.
Please also fix the achievement list at Steam, as there is one "Not an Achievement" entry making it impossible to get 100% completion in EU IV.
I am sure many people would like to get a full completion. Thank you!

That is not a bug. They use it for "internal testing." In other words nobody will ever be able to get legit 100% completion in EU IV. YAPF.

Nerfed Oman =\
Why Naval Morale?

I know it's for internal testing, which is why I have not used the word "bug".
But that does not mean they can't remove it. CK II has no such unobtainable achievement.

Different teams with different people. The Paradox employees working on EU4 clearly make different decisions than the ones working on CK2.

Might be they have a thing or two to learn, though...

It might be military tech...
The military technology of Sikhs was similar to the rest of India though. With the exception of Ranjit Singh's reign, but that could be put under westernisation.

Not that I'm complaining, 5% tech increase is quite a good bonus.

I still wait for unique national ideas for Silesia, cmon guys, we more important than some Serbia or Assam!
I'm definitely with you on that. Plus, Silesia's flag is awesome. And I'm playing it in an MP game. So gib NIs nao!

On a side note,
Sikhism - Enables after 1499 from an event in India, and also comes with its unique events.

Wait, what? +5 land morale? Isn't that supposed to be either 0.5, or 5%?

Loved the diary, can't wait for 1.6 :)

"Sons of Carthage - Tunis, own Sicily, Sardinia, algiers, tunis & spanish coast on med."

I assume this achievement is to be...playing as Tunis?

I'm definitely with you on that. Plus, Silesia's flag is awesome. And I'm playing it in an MP game. So gib NIs nao!

On a side note,

Wait, what? +5 land morale? Isn't that supposed to be either 0.5, or 5%?

i had same thoughts.. +5 would be major overkill.

How about another round of NI's for the unloved countries?