Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 6: Improved Diplomacy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On the screenshot - what means the "books" icon (or what is this)?

From the screenshot, UI changes, going from top to bottom:
1. Power projection (dove thingie next to republican tradition)
2. Improve relations speed (two hands with green plus on top of them)
3. Number of idea groups (stack of books)
4. Diplomat progress (Brandenburg flag - 123)
5. Something unkown, probably transferring trade power (crate with the green arrow by the Oman flag)
6. Blockade percentage shown near ships (ship next to the wall)
The UI changes look good.

The amount of changes in this DLC and patch looks really great.

Can we choose how much trade power defeated enemy transfer in peace deal or is it fixed 50%?
To answer your question:
You could already steal tradepower in war but now you can also negotiate for it. Also the old enforced option was always 50% of the trade power, but the new negotiated one lets you choose between 0 and 100%. Finally, the person giving up trade power needs to get something tangible, so as long as trade power is transferred you can’t declare war on the giving party.

WoN is the only way to Fabricate Trade Conflict CB - but anyone (would've) been able to use the improved Trade Transfer option, and being able to select 0-100 trade power in wars. Now that'll only be for WoN buyers.

Yes, but it seems that there would have been nothing to do if they refused to grant trade power diplomatically, other than the normal wars we do otherwise. It's good they're coming out as a packaged set.

paradox this is the best part of the dlc really it changes everything and bring more deepness to the game
When i look to other companies they are so behind with the communication to his fans and paradox really this company is on the right way to become the best strategy title games founder

From the screenshot, UI changes, going from top to bottom:
1. Power projection (dove thingie next to republican tradition)
2. Improve relations speed (two hands with green plus on top of them)
3. Number of idea groups (stack of books)
4. Diplomat progress (Brandenburg flag - 123)
5. Something unkown, probably transferring trade power (crate with the green arrow by the Oman flag)
6. Blockade percentage shown near ships (ship next to the wall)
The UI changes look good.

The amount of changes in this DLC and patch looks really great.
Wouldn't #3 be redundant with the lightbulb that shows total number of ideas? If you hover it, you can see how many idea groups they have, so I don't imagine the books are about that. I was thinking it was something related to policies. That said, maybe it's already been confirmed in a multiplayer video?

What about the spy face right about the books?

Also, is the power projection icon final? It's identical to the DIP icon at the moment, so is it intended or a placeholder?

I know I could get 100% trade power by negotiations option, but what if country disagrees. Can I get 100% as peace option in war?

The way how I understand what Johan wrote we`ll get in WoN option to choose how much of Trade Power will be trasnfered in peace negotiations. It`ll propably be tied to War Score similar to current options in peace negotations, if real 100% Trade Transfer peace option will be possible after hitting certain WS and other requirements is a question to Paradox :)

There was a mixup about which features would be discussed when, so I'm afraid details won't be until later. Although we can confirm now (as most of you probably suspected) that there will be Sikhism.

[video=youtube;SoXwbHdrWFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoXwbHdrWFI[/video]

The way how I understand what Johan wrote we`ll get in WoN option to choose how much of Trade Power will be trasnfered in peace negotiations. It`ll propably be tied to War Score similar to current options in peace negotations, if real 100% Trade Transfer peace option will be possible after hitting certain WS and other requirements is a question to Paradox :)

I'd say what Johan meant by this was that you can demand trade power in diplomacy menu jest like you can ask for military access, diplovasalize etc...

You made some really good moves here IMO. That "novel" approach routed a lot of frustration into attention on a good gesture. I'll hold judgment on the rival system until I've played it, but it definitely needed an update and this has potential to be sure, but I'm pretty sure the trade power bullying will be a fun element.

Wouldn't #3 be redundant with the lightbulb that shows total number of ideas? If you hover it, you can see how many idea groups they have, so I don't imagine the books are about that. I was thinking it was something related to policies. That said, maybe it's already been confirmed in a multiplayer video?

What about the spy face right about the books?

Also, is the power projection icon final? It's identical to the DIP icon at the moment, so is it intended or a placeholder?

The books are probably linked to the policies system (which replaces many generic decisions like the Mining act etc.)

Sorry if I missed something, but what exactly does Power Projection give or take from you if you gain or lose it respectively?

Is there any actual penalty for not having rival at all. I can live with no bonus, but I don't want any penalty. Nation should be able to maintain it pacifism and neutrality.

Are you going to maim Reformed if you don't buy the DLC, or will it maintain its former bonus? I somehow doubt it, but I'd gladly accept a surprise.

Is there any actual penalty for not having rival at all. I can live with no bonus, but I don't want any penalty. Nation should be able to maintain it pacifism and neutrality.

Well there is this:
You can however not go under zero, so you would like to continue to ignore your rivals in the world, feel free to do so.

Or maybe you ask whether we must pick a rival or not, if what I take from this quote is right:
...bigger nations are expected to have more rivals (max 3 though) and if they have less than that their power projection will suffer.
then the only penalty would be on power projection which as previous quote said wouldn't go below zero, so I don't think it will affect pacifist game...

Nobody to embargo! No enemy of my enemy is my friend relations bonus..., no missions to do stuff towards the rival...
(being pacifist and neutral isnt really a good option in a tough world)

Good, so there are now major incentives to antagonize our elected arch-nemesis! Say, what happens when we demolished our rivals to the point of insignificance? Do they still remain our rival? E.g., if as France, I reduce Burgundy to an OPM, do they still remain as my rival?